shropshire

Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh!

Is it just me or does anyone else find the current practise of copy and pasting the ENTIRE contents of the post being replied to in a response, a pain in the arse?>:( Often many...many .... many paragraphs:S
If the initial post was interesting.... we all read it
If it wasn't .... including it again doesn't improve it any.....
Just my 2p worth.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Is it just me or does anyone else find the current practise of copy and pasting the ENTIRE contents of the post being replied to in a response, a pain in the arse?>:( Often many...many .... many paragraphs:S
Just my 2p worth.

Bawhaha.......I know who does that:P

BTW, it isn't necessary to copy the whole post.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it just me or does anyone else find the current practise of copy and pasting the ENTIRE contents of the post being replied to in a response, a pain in the arse? Often many...many .... many paragraphs
Just my 2p worth.

Bawhaha.......I know who does that

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

You taking the piss?:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

In Reply To

Is it just me or does anyone else find the current practise of copy and pasting the ENTIRE contents of the post being replied to in a response, a pain in the arse? Often many...many .... many paragraphs
Just my 2p worth.

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

You taking the piss?:P

That's the way the system is set up when you click "quote."

Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Yes, but you can cut and copy the items from the post that you want to address.

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

True, I'm just saying if you use use the "quote" function as it is, then everything is "cut and pasted" into your response. I rarely use it for that reason.

Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville ***

some people just like to be annoying Iguess..>:(>:(>:(:D

-the artist formerly known as sinker

There are times when it makes sense, but 99% of the time it would be FAR better to just copy and paste the relevant parts.

IF you're addressing more than a couple of parts, then just copy and paste those.

IF you're reponding point by point to each and every line . . . you're probably wasting your time and efforts.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Quoting an entire lengthy post for some three word reply is an act of laziness, equitable to crapping in your own backyard -- it's the easy thing to do.

In fact, I've noticed a real correlation between people who crap in their own backyard politically, and people who post long, useless quotes. Coincidence? I think not.

. . =(_8^(1)

Quoting an entire lengthy post for some three word reply is an act of laziness, equitable to crapping in your own backyard -- it's the easy thing to do.

In fact, I've noticed a real correlation between people who crap in their own backyard politically, and people who post long, useless quotes. Coincidence? I think not.

Well that counts me out, since most times my reply is longer then three lines.

Let's see, what should I say now, just to take up some space.

Oh I got it...............I'm out of here:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

How's your arse feel after this?
shropshire

Jumps
License
In sport
: 155
: C
:

Oct 19, 2005, 4:48 PM

Post #1 of 12 (82 views)
Copy Shortcut

Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW Quote | Reply

Just my 2p worth.

Tony

flyangel2

Jumps
License
In sport
: 3333
: D
: 26 years

Oct 19, 2005, 4:51 PM

Post #2 of 12 (80 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [shropshire] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In Reply To

Just my 2p worth.

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

shropshire

Jumps
License
In sport
:

Oct 19, 2005, 4:52 PM

Post #3 of 12 (77 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [flyangel2] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In Reply To

Just my 2p worth.

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

You taking the piss?
Tony

Keith

Jumps
License
In sport
: 630
: D 23850
: 6 years

Oct 19, 2005, 4:57 PM

Post #4 of 12 (72 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [shropshire] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Keith

flyangel2

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 5:00 PM

Post #5 of 12 (69 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [Keith] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Keith

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 5:46 PM

Post #6 of 12 (49 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [flyangel2] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

True, I'm just saying if you use use the "quote" function as it is, then everything is "cut and pasted" into your response. I rarely use it for that reason.

Keith

sinker

Jumps
License
In sport
: 38
: A
:

Oct 19, 2005, 6:12 PM

Post #7 of 12 (39 views)
Copy Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Just my 2p worth.

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

You taking the piss?

Keith

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Keith

some people just like to be annoying Iguess..

"I don't need no one to tell me about Heaven
I look at my children and I believe..."

(This post was edited by sinker on Oct 19, 2005, 6:21 PM)

Keith

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 6:16 PM

Post #8 of 12 (37 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [sinker] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Where's your icon? Did the novelty wear off already?

Keith

sinker

Jumps
License
In sport
:

Oct 19, 2005, 6:22 PM

Post #9 of 12 (33 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [Keith] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In Reply To

there, changed it for ya!

quade
Jumps
License
In sport
: 2600
: D 22635
: 7 years

Oct 19, 2005, 6:53 PM

Post #10 of 12 (25 views)
Copy Shortcut

There are times when it makes sense, but 99% of the time it would be FAR better to just copy and paste the relevant parts.

IF you're addressing more than a couple of parts, then just copy and paste those.

IF you're reponding point by point to each and every line . . . you're probably wasting your time and efforts.

quade - futurecam.com

skydyvr

Jumps
License
In sport
: 84
: A 43
: 2 years

Oct 19, 2005, 7:02 PM

Post #11 of 12 (19 views)
Copy Shortcut

In Reply To

________

First, we shoot all the chicken de-beakers.

flyangel2

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 9:17 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [skydyvr] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In Reply To

In Reply To

Oh I got it...............I'm out of here

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

General Announcements Introductions and Greets Community The Bonfire Speakers Corner Women Only Skydivers with Disabilities Skydiving General Skydiving Discussions Safety and Training Gear and Rigging Instructors Incidents Wind Tunnels Events & Places to Jump Skydiving History & Trivia Skydiving Disciplines Swooping and Canopy Control Relative Work Freeflying Canopy Relative Work Wing Suit Flying Photography and Video Related Sports The BASE Zone International En Français Foro de Salto libre Stammtisch Äðîïçîíà.com Dropzone.com Security and Scam Alerts Suggestions and Feedback Error and Bug Reports Archive 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections

Search this forum this category all forums for All words Any words Whole Phrase (options)

Help About Advertise Terms Privacy Contact Us © 1994-2005 Dropzone.com - All rights reserved
"...And once you're gone, you can't come back
When you're out of the blue and into the black."
Neil Young

How's your arse feel after this?
shropshire

Jumps
License
In sport
:

Oct 19, 2005, 4:48 PM

Post #1 of 12 (82 views)
Copy Shortcut

Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW Quote | Reply

Just my 2p worth.

Tony

flyangel2

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 4:51 PM

Post #2 of 12 (80 views)
Copy Shortcut

In Reply To

Just my 2p worth.

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

shropshire

Jumps
License
In sport
:

Oct 19, 2005, 4:52 PM

Post #3 of 12 (77 views)
Copy Shortcut

In Reply To

Just my 2p worth.

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

You taking the piss?
Tony

Keith

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 4:57 PM

Post #4 of 12 (72 views)
Copy Shortcut

Keith

flyangel2

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 5:00 PM

Post #5 of 12 (69 views)
Copy Shortcut

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Keith

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 5:46 PM

Post #6 of 12 (49 views)
Copy Shortcut

Keith

sinker

Jumps
License
In sport
:

Oct 19, 2005, 6:12 PM

Post #7 of 12 (39 views)
Copy Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Just my 2p worth.

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

You taking the piss?

Keith

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

Keith

some people just like to be annoying Iguess..

(This post was edited by sinker on Oct 19, 2005, 6:21 PM)

Keith

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 6:16 PM

Post #8 of 12 (37 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [sinker] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Keith

sinker

Jumps
License
In sport
:

Oct 19, 2005, 6:22 PM

Post #9 of 12 (33 views)
Copy Shortcut

In Reply To

there, changed it for ya!

quade
Jumps
License
In sport
: 2600
: D 22635
: 7 years

Oct 19, 2005, 6:53 PM

Post #10 of 12 (25 views)
Copy Shortcut

quade - futurecam.com

skydyvr

Jumps
License
In sport
: 84
: A 43
: 2 years

Oct 19, 2005, 7:02 PM

Post #11 of 12 (19 views)
Copy Shortcut

In Reply To

________

First, we shoot all the chicken de-beakers.

flyangel2

Jumps
License
In sport

Oct 19, 2005, 9:17 PM

Post #12 of 12 (2 views)
Copy Shortcut

Re: [skydyvr] Controversial? Including complete posts when replying..agggh! - NEW [In reply to] Quote | Reply

In Reply To

In Reply To

Oh I got it...............I'm out of here

WOW WHAT A RIDE!!

General Announcements Introductions and Greets Community The Bonfire Speakers Corner Women Only Skydivers with Disabilities Skydiving General Skydiving Discussions Safety and Training Gear and Rigging Instructors Incidents Wind Tunnels Events & Places to Jump Skydiving History & Trivia Skydiving Disciplines Swooping and Canopy Control Relative Work Freeflying Canopy Relative Work Wing Suit Flying Photography and Video Related Sports The BASE Zone International En Français Foro de Salto libre Stammtisch Äðîïçîíà.com Dropzone.com Security and Scam Alerts Suggestions and Feedback Error and Bug Reports Archive 2005-2006 USPA BOD Elections

Search this forum this category all forums for All words Any words Whole Phrase (options)

Help About Advertise Terms Privacy Contact Us © 1994-2005 Dropzone.com - All rights reserved

Dude, that was just wrong. :D

I agree, it is a pain in the arse. As the reader, I usually just scroll to the end and by the time I read the actual reply, I forget what they are replying to.:S

OTOH, I am 'cut and paste' retarded. How do you copy multiple sentences from someone's posts that you wish to reply to and seperate them? Do you copy the whole post and then delete the parts you don't want and use multiple *** commands? Is there a shortcut to this method?

My cut and paste retardedness began a long time ago. Somewhere around the time personal computers and Windows became mainstream.

BTW, if you're not helping....SHUT UP!

HEY! no need to get all testes on me now!;)

-the artist formerly known as sinker