SkydiveStMarys

16 kids!!!!!!!!

Here's a pic. It obviously takes work, and I'm guessing the length may have to do partly with culture or religion, but there's TWO seperate styles going on there.

It's not that it's THAT bad, I just really don't get it. :S:S:ph34r::ph34r:

(Just 'cause the issue of breeding and overpopulating is silly - if they want 16, 17, 18, 25 kids, well then rock on, you baby machines!)

They must be doing something right with their kids if none of them has inspired them to snip Dad's tubes...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Here's a pic. It obviously takes work, and I'm guessing the length may have to do partly with culture or religion, but there's TWO seperate styles going on there.

It's not that it's THAT bad, I just really don't get it. :S:S:ph34r::ph34r:

(Just 'cause the issue of breeding and overpopulating is silly - if they want 16, 17, 18, 25 kids, well then rock on, you baby machines!)

They must be doing something right with their kids if none of them has inspired them to snip Dad's tubes...

Oh well, thank you - I see! :D:D Short on top for warm summers and long at the back side to keep shoulders warm in icy winters. Can't help myself: Bwahahaha. (Sorry)

Perhaps, there really is some religious background with this couple, so they never let cut her hair, not to talk about his tubes :)

BTW: His hair cut is somewhat of top actual, too!:D:D

Most important is, they seem to be happy with her life style, so what? If they love their kids, so let them go on
:)

B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I saw a documentary on this family and they are amazing. It is true that they are self supporting and as far as babysitting goes each one of the older chidren has one younger child that they look after... a buddy system if you will. This was the most organized family I have ever seen--I guess you have to be with that many children. They had computer stations for homework, etc.... so they are definitely not living without. The kids are learning valuable lessons about life if you ask me. It's not my cup of tea either but these children will grow up to be very productive members of society.

Ok...just thinkin' out loud here, people and these are just random thoughts......

It would truly suck if somehow one or the other of the parent passes away, how do you raise 16 then? Another would be...
HOW DO YOU AFFORD 16 KIDS????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granddaddy leave ya $!? You hit the lottery??!! You sellin' dope on the side??? Come on people! How thats ALL I want to know, HOW??!!

Bobbi
A miracle is not defined by an event. A miracle is defined by gratitude.

>HOW DO YOU AFFORD 16 KIDS????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granddaddy leave
> ya $!? You hit the lottery??!! You sellin' dope on the side??? Come
> on people! How thats ALL I want to know, HOW??!!

If it was really important to me to raise 16 kids, I could do it on my salary. It might mean not living in a nice area, or not skydiving, but I could do it.

>HOW DO YOU AFFORD 16 KIDS????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Granddaddy leave
> ya $!? You hit the lottery??!! You sellin' dope on the side??? Come
> on people! How thats ALL I want to know, HOW??!!

If it was really important to me to raise 16 kids, I could do it on my salary. It might mean not living in a nice area, or not skydiving, but I could do it.

There is no thing like "child support" paid by government in the US??? :o

Here, for 1st child they pay monthly Euro 154.-, for next kids it's staggered/distributed (means a little less per kid) - depending, if your kid is in school, still studying (until kid is 27 y/o!) etc. And with kid/s your enter the better tax rank (means, pay less taxes).

There are families with a bunch of kids, mom and dad w/o job but, all of them are living happily with the help of government (f.e. flat rent will be paid, support for clothes, for subway tickets....plus unemployment benefit, of course). Many of those parents will not look very close to find a job :S

dudeist skydiver # 3105

There is no thing like "child support" paid by government in the US??? :o

Here, for 1st child they pay monthly Euro 154

Looking at the tax law simplistically, a child is a $3100 deduction on income, which for typical incomes should translate to somewhere over $1000 save, so figure about $100/mo.

They are the people that have cell phones, huge gold hoop earrings, that match their gold tooth and drive a new car (new one every other year) to go pick up their check.>:(

Bobbi

Know anyone like that? Personally? Or just propagating a stereotype? I know a couple people on welfare and none of them are anything like that.

Besides...weren't you the one in another thread saying that we should take care of our own. Now you seem to be saying our own don't deserve help. Which is it?

I'm from a family of 8 kids. My mom was a only child and she always wanted a lot of children. Despite the fact that my parents could well afford a large family and were excellent at parenting, there were still people who judged. There's a lot of stigma put on couples who have many children. Are they too religious? Can't they control themselves? Are they just too stupid? Don't they know they are adding to the overpopulation problem? etc., etc., etc. I think a lot of these questions come from folks who could just not imagine being responsible for that many children.

Growing up in a large family has its pros and cons. I remember many times when I yearned to be left alone. You definitely have to get used to sharing even if you all had plenty of your own things. No matter what you had, someone would take it. Then you become adults; now my 7 siblings and spouses are my closest friends. I couldn't possibly love my nieces and nephews more. Holidays are wild at my parent's home. People asked my parents why they built a 5000 sq. ft. home when they should be moving into a condo in their retirement years. Well, thier 8 kids and spouses and their 17 soon to be 18 grandchildren are everything to them and they love having a place we can all call home.

I personally do not know what it is like growing up in a small family, so I do not know if it is a better lifestyle. All I know is that I've had a great life, never been deprived of anything, surrounded by a ton of people who I love and love me in return.

I do know people like that personally.
I do think we should take care of our own...I also think that when you receive help, you need to spend the money wisely. Cell phones, brand new cars, etc are a LUXURY.
I am also saying that not everyone on welfare is like that, I think there are a few, though, that do milk the system and take advantage of all that they can. I am all for the system helping someone for a set amount of time, teach them life skills and get them on there feet, then....NEXT!

Bobbi

Cell phones, brand new cars, etc are a LUXURY

Not necessarily. In many cases cell phones are a necessity. If a person is in town shopping, with the cost of gas as it is, isn't it cheaper for them to call home to see if anything is needed? As for new cars, many times it is less expensive to finance a new car rather than a used.

When I worked for the food stamp office, telephones and cars were considered a luxury. Luxuries like that don't disqualify you, it's just that they're not taken into account in figuring out how much aid you qualify for. The rent, light bill and gas bill, etc. were. Not dollar-for-dollar, but they did count.

You can't eliminate "luxuries" like that entirely. For one thing, one person's luxury is another's necessity (car for work, cell phone/beeper because you're waiting for a transplant -- who knows). And, well, poor people have bad days, good days, and days that they want comfort food too.

You don't want to punish people for being poor. Don't want to reward it particularly either, though. But not every gold earring is real gold, and some nice clothes are bought at second-hand stores.

And yes, I'd call the tax office when someone came in a Cadillac to see if it was their car. It never was. About 10% of my cases had some error in calculation due to omission, and less than half of those were deliberate fraud.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

I agree Wendy. I know that formally in the welfare system cars and cell phones would certainly fall in the luxury category. I also agree that we don't want to punish and demoralize poor people, nor do we want to encourage it. It's a fine line that has to be towed. Having no experience with the welfare system myself, I really can't contribute much to this discussion. What is welfare's position on gifts? Maybe a cell phone, a car, nice clothing, etc. was a gift from a family member or friend?

Never said punish poor people.
You KNOW as well as I that there are people who ABUSE the system, they are the ones that i am talking about. Hell I am considered poor. We live pay check to pay check and I don't know where my kids college fund is coming from, but I make my purchases wisely and work my ass off, never owned a new car only used cars. I love consignment stores and Ebay.

Bobbi

You KNOW as well as I that there are people who ABUSE the system, they are the ones that i am talking about.

Yes...but they are a very very miniscule percentage of those receiving aid. Guess what...the looters in NO are probably getting assistance right now, too. Sometimes people game the system. That doesn't mean the system is broken.

Some people are smarter than the system. A system that is abuse-proof will also not help the vast majority of the people it's designed to help.

Remember what I said about the amount of fraud when I was a welfare worker? The interesting thing is that the overwhelming majority of the people who were abusing the system were still poor. They still qualified for food stamps. Just not as much as they were getting.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

This family with 16 kids is NOT on welfare, the home is run in a efficiant (sp) and what appears to be a loving manner. I dont see what the problem is. And they are happy and appear to be well adjusted. They are taking care of themselves, and if one were to die then I would bet there is a back up plan. This family is very impressive with how they lead their life. Granted it wouldnt be for me, and I cant understand how they are able to give all the children individual attention, but they seem to be fine.

And the hair is creepy but shes gotten laid at least 16 times so shes attractive to at least one person. Im still confused about it and think "mullet on crack" would be a good name for it.
Sudsy Fist: i don't think i'd ever say this
Sudsy Fist: but you're looking damn sudsydoable in this