freeflir29

Why we are in Iraq.........or one of 5000 reasons

It means that a practical solution would be change that type of culture, or at least that behaviour within this culture.

How do you plan to do that?, until something gives, I see no possibility of finding any feasable solution.

Chris fails to see that there have been actually billions spent in aid to the continent as a whole, with famine, hunger, aids, etc, and seems that it is always on square one. Something is not right with the equation...:|
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Chris fails to see that there have been actually billions spent in aid to the continent as a whole, with famine, hunger, aids, etc, and seems that it is always on square one. Something is not right with the equation...

No I don't fail to see that. I just also see that when you withold that aid unless ineffective policies (abstinence based AIDS prevention) are implemented, it should come as no surprise that those policies fail to make a difference.

Its not fair to the aid recipients, and its not fair to the taxpayers footing the bill.

That is what "is not right with the equation."

And you keep hangin on aids, as it was the only issue there.

Perhaps you will want to get some literature of the help that HAS BEEN PROVIDED to the continent, pick a year to start, 1985 would be good in reference to aids. Come back and let me know what you find. (include famine, hunger, wars, genocide as well.)
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

And you keep hangin on aids, as it was the only issue there.

Perhaps you will want to get some literature of the help that HAS BEEN PROVIDED to the continent, pick a year to start, 1985 would be good in reference to aids. Come back and let me know what you find. (include famine, hunger, wars, genocide as well.

There are other issues. I, however, limited my comments to the absurdity of large scale abtinence based AIDS prevention. If you want to argue something else, make your point, and someone will respond.

I don't have time to do your research for you. If you want to search for literature, feel free. It never hurts to remain informed.

>It means that a practical solution would be change that type of
>culture, or at least that behaviour within this culture.

I agree. I think the first step is education and availability of condoms. Won't save everyone but will be a first step.

>Chris fails to see that there have been actually billions spent in aid
> to the continent as a whole, with famine, hunger, aids, etc, and
> seems that it is always on square one. Something is not right with
> the equation...

Someone much wiser than me said it well - "the poor will always be with us."

Katrina victims? Just don't drown

no elect a mayor and gov'ner that can think on their feet.

Or how about don't live in a city 6 feet below sea level for starters.

Drunk driving? Don't drive drunk. Problem solved.

works for me. I never been arested for DUI.

Drunk driving? Don't drive drunk. Problem solved.

no, gun control, Florida style ;)

Ohh is that the answer...aesome..so tell me, why do you guys keeping having these discussion about abortion and teen pregnancy? All you have to do is not have sex. Like you said, doesn't even cost anything.

Tell me how are you going have teen pregnancy where there is no teen sex?

Well I think there are a lot of people on here (those that haven't hijacked it to talk about AIDS in Africa) who believe that although they didn't support the invasion, we gotta still stick it out there until things are stabilized.

So if that is the case, it should be a GOOD thing that the people over there believe in the mission, even if you don't. From what I've read the general morale of the troops seems to be a lot better than it was in Vietnam, anyway. If we gotta be in it, we might as well be in it to win it.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

elect a mayor and gov'ner worth a shit, good thing we have a President that can think on his feet.

fixed it for ya :P

I guess you missed his press conference this morning.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

elect a mayor and gov'ner worth a shit, good thing we have a President that can think on his feet.

fixed it for ya :P

Apprently you have never seen ANY speech given by Bush where he had to respond on the fly. Think on his feet...yeahhhhhh.:S
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

well i'm no liberal there killer. but let's balance it out. saddams gone so the genocide thing is kind of done. if we need " beer drinking" mercs with body armor, air support back up ,150k american troops backing them up, the rest of the "coalition" and a billion dollar a week budget to defend the country from 20 - 40K insurgants with ak-47s and camels.... if we need all that to defend the kurds and shites...then maybe they don't want to live bad enough.

meanwhile back home....louisiana is laying of its gov. because they can't aford to pay people, OUR people need help over here real bad. and they have the nerve to ask for donations for these victims.

why don't we stop government funding for the war and let it be funded by donations from those who believe in it and let the guys who feel so strongly about the war donate their time to fight it. and let's keep the money over here and clean up our own back yard.

people see me as a challenge to their balance

why don't we stop government funding for the war and let it be funded by donations from those who believe in it and let the guys who feel so strongly about the war donate their time to fight it. and let's keep the money over here and clean up our own back yard.

well said.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

So much of the population in Africa are idiots and beyond helping themselves. But........if they pay me well I will try.

Swing by the Southern tip and I'll buy you an African beer and explain some of it to you. It will take a while though because I have to speak slow and often forget what I am saying.
So lets make it 6 beers.....:P

Sorry..........I tend to not even think of South Africa as being part of the African continent. I tend to focus on shit holes like Sierra Leonne, DRC, and the like.

On the subject of the thread.........ya know it has taken four months but I finally had a kid flip me off yesterday. Not surprising being that I was driving in a fairly hostile city. I wanted to shoot him in the foot but didn't have time to stop. :D Kidding..........only kidding!!!