cornishe

Re: [Asylum] Asylum for Katrina

$5k, sweet!

Not to change the topic of this thread, but have you guys heard what these fuckers are doing with the debit cards they were given? Some of the victims have been given $2k debit cards from FEMA, and the cards have already be traced to high end shops and louie vitton purse purchases. FUCKING WHAT THE FUCK!!! YOU LOSE YOUR HOME AND BUY A PURSE?!?!

Abbie Mashaal
Skydive Idaho
Snake River Skydiving
TandemBASE

Not to change the topic of this thread, but have you guys heard what these fuckers are doing with the debit cards they were given? Some of the victims have been given $2k debit cards from FEMA, and the cards have already be traced to high end shops and louie vitton purse purchases. FUCKING WHAT THE FUCK!!! YOU LOSE YOUR HOME AND BUY A PURSE?!?!

Their will ALWAYS be those kind of people, the people who are brought up thinking the public owes them.... I just hope the majority use the help for what it is meant for....:)
HAVE FUN...
...JUST DONT DIE

yeah, it's not right.

also saw an article about how people as far away as the Dakotas were receiving subsidized loans meant for 9/11 victims... evidently the govt. gave the loans to many who did NOT know the intended use...

sad.
DON'T PANIC
The lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
sloppy habits -> sloppy jumps -> injury or worse

$5k, sweet!

Hi Abbie

Tsk Tsk,

We heard it from you:)

Who you hear it from?

How many cards and Louie vitton purses you talking about. 1.10,100, 1000 Think Bell curve.

To bad this crap was moved from the base zone to SC instead of deleted. Guess shit flows downhill. thats what makes SC interesting:).

R.I.P.

$5k, sweet!

People do really weird shit when they've been traumatized, Abbie.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

It hits all ends, too.
The woman who used to live across the street from me wrote a note last week talking about her new neighbor, from NO, who lost everything and was part of a whole network of families that would share and share alike.
So I brought up a carload of sheets etc when I went up (I've done money for NO -- stuff needs to be transported).

She said that as it turns out, they're complete scam artists. They lost -- now get this -- electricity! in their $500,000 home, and didn't want to hassle with it, so they've moved. They were making goggle eyes at stuff and getting folks feeling guilty and either giving or selling them stuff for ridiculous prices.

Some people suck. It's not just the poor ones, or the purple ones, or the ones wearing deely-bobbers on their heads.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

It was (or still is) the same thing with the Tsunami victims. A lot of money got into the wrong hands.
But I still donated money because it is a bad excuse to use this to justify not donating money.
I hope the fuckers who use situations like this to enrich themselves have twenty years of headache and diarrhea but I'm happy that I could help someone with part of my donated money that actually got to the people who needed it.
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

$5k, sweet!

Hi cornishe

Another side of the urban legend

12:07P.M. - JEFFERSONVILLE, IN (AP): Three women have been charged with felony fraud, accused of trying to cheat the American Red Cross in Jeffersonville, Indiana, by posing as victims of Hurricane Katrina.

The three women claimed they were from Louisiana and asked for money and clothes. They were arrested after police determined they were really from Louisville, Kentucky.

Clark County Red Cross chapter director Phyllis Wilkins says they are also investigating reports that people have used Red Cross debit cards at Victoria's Secret, Circuit City and Hooters.

She says the agency's policy is to "err on the side of compassion" when someone claims to be a hurricane refugee and has no identification. They take digital photos of each applicant and try to verify their address.

Another cheat>:(

Looking at 40 yr sentence :o
http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl091505falseclaims.5cceb766.html

Flip side of Disaster scam.>:(

Employee's taken advantage of

http://www.wwltv.com/local/stories/wwl091405workers.58ebd601.html

Just a misunderstanding:)

R.I.P.