kallend

Thanks, George

LOL......I knew that was coming.

Go find the rest of the stats. Looks somewhat different than what the headline and article implies.

what a hoot.........
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

There could have been other reasons which were out of his control or unforseen events which have caused this rise.

it MIGHT not necessarily be ALL his fault.

Anyway wouldn't the war in Iraq have created more jobs - more for the militayr and for weapon manufacturement.?

like he's THE reason why poverty rose. give me a fucking break. myopia really is curable people, really. you simply have to WANT to see.

Who's economic policies have been enacted for the past 4 years? Hint, the answer is NOT "Al Gore".

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

>like he's THE reason why poverty rose.

I find that, for republicans, the following rules apply:

Democrat in office, economy doing well - the president has nothing to do with the economy, you idiots!

Democrat in office, economy tanking - it's his tax and spend policies that caused this.

Republican in office, economy doing well - see? His tax cuts WORKED!

Republican in office, economy doing poorly - the president has nothing to do with the economy, you idiots!

Democrats, of course, use similar rules, just reversed.

what I'm saying is that it is incredibly niave to say that George is THE cause in the rise in poverty. There are multiple causes. Blaming him and only him is naive and far too convenient. He's just your whipping boy. Now next time around when you have a bed-wetting liberal in there and something goes sour, I highly doubt you'll be beating him up.

-the artist formerly known as sinker

well that's not at all what I was saying... I just find it irresponsible for the esteemed professor to blame rising poverty on bushie when there are multiple factors. is he contributing? likely. did clinton? likely. did kallend condemn clinton? dunno, but probably not.

i'm not a republican or a democrat. i tend to vote more conservatively than not, when means I tend to vote more republican. but i'm not at ALL above criticizing the president if he's fucking up. 5 week vacation? gimme a damn break! in a few more years, you can vacation all the rest of your life!

all i'm saying is let's be a little more logical and fair in our criticism instead of this stupid banter... bill, I've seen you do a fair bit about stopping that.... it's admirable.

well that's not at all what I was saying... I just find it irresponsible for the esteemed professor to blame rising poverty on bushie when there are multiple factors. is he contributing? likely. did clinton? likely. did kallend condemn clinton? dunno, but probably not.

i'm not a republican or a democrat. i tend to vote more conservatively than not, when means I tend to vote more republican. but i'm not at ALL above criticizing the president if he's fucking up. 5 week vacation? gimme a damn break! in a few more years, you can vacation all the rest of your life!

all i'm saying is let's be a little more logical and fair in our criticism instead of this stupid banter... bill, I've seen you do a fair bit about stopping that.... it's admirable.

"The Buck Stops Here" - Harry S. Truman

"W" has had over 4 years in office with a friendly Congress and Supreme Court that anointed him. He has to be held responsible for his economic policies. I suppose you think that borrowing $(hundreds of billions) to finance his Iraq misadventure would have no consequences.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

"The Buck Stops Here" - Harry S. Truman

"W" has had over 4 years in office with a friendly Congress and Supreme Court that anointed him. He has to be held responsible for his economic policies. I suppose you think that borrowing $(hundreds of billions) to finance his Iraq misadventure would have no consequences.

did you hear me say that? no. I said that it's stupid to think that he is the sole reason poverty has risen. it's not b/c he's funding a war. that may be contributing but it isn't the sole factor. and if he's fucking up the economy he SHOULD be held accountable. i've never said he shouldn't be so quick trying to back me into a corner that I don't belong in, namely that I'm a blind follow of our stuttering president. I just happen to think he was LESS of a fuck up that that Kerry chap.