orignas

This is fucked......

thought this was quite funny,

"I agree with Howard Stern. Debbie deserves that award because she made every young boy's dream come true. I'd much rather Benjamin lose his virginity to Debbie than to some priest."

;)

true enough though. i'm sure the boys loved every second of it, rather than what those filthy so called holier than thou selibate priests that are only getting un covered now. put thier victims through.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

If the genders in this and similar cases had been reversed the teacher would be 'radioactive' and ruined for life.

But here the perp will likely become a celebrity and millionairess eventually.

Please somebody, explain concisely how this double standard can be deemed acceptable by western civilization.

A claim 'because the economy depends on pitching sex' is too simplistic as it tends to devalue the economic impact of organized morality and religion.

Do healthy fathers wish to fulfill their fantasies at the expense of their sons, is that it?!

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

>But here the perp will likely become a celebrity and millionairess eventually.

?? She's being charged with four felony counts of lewd and lascivious battery and one count of lewd and lascivious exhibition. IIRC correctly each count is something like 15 years in prison. That's 75 years altogether if she is convicted on all of them. Hardly enviable.

>explain concisely how this double standard can be deemed acceptable by western civilization.

Simple. It's not. A male teacher who did something similar to a female student (even if she was willing) would be looking at decades in prison as well.

Bill - Entertainment Tonight crowed about securing the rights to the LEtourneau wedding for a few hundred grand. This after she served 7 or 8 years in the can.

Can you imagine the Hollywood tele-rags paying a couple hundred grand for the rights to air interviews with a male teacher and his ex-victim united in love?

LeFave stands to make a pretty penny off of this one in the next ten years.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think this case is extremely stoopid!
When I was 15 and something like this would have happened to me (or to 99% of all 15 year old males I know) with a good looking teacher like her, I would have been happy until the end of my days.
I think it's a big difference if this happens to males or females. In case of females, I agree, put the teacher away! But when happens to a male, be proud and tell it everyone (except your parents or authorities...).
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

When I was 15 and something like this would have happened to me (or to 99% of all 15 year old males I know) with a good looking teacher like her, I would have been happy until the end of my days.
I think it's a big difference if this happens to males or females. In case of females, I agree, put the teacher away! But when happens to a male, be proud and tell it everyone (except your parents or authorities...).

Statuatory rape is still rape - it's not the violent definition, it's a different one - but they still define it as rape, not 'underage consentual sex' - but "rape".

It's about the actions of the offender (the adult) not the child. So taking the view of the child is a false way of looking at the issue. Why don't you think about it from the position of the teacher or the parent of the child and then empathize with those positions. The kid's point of view is the easy one - stretch your thinking a bit and look at the other points. And yeah, when I was 15, there were a couple gorgeous 20-something female teachers at our school that would have made my decade. They still would have been wrong and breaking the law - no matter how big my grin would have been.

I'm sure many of the girls are happy too to have an all grown up boyfriend and fun new physical games to play, the actions of the teacher are still wrong regardless of the kid's position. It's not a gender topic at this time.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>LeFave stands to make a pretty penny off of this one in the next ten years.

Can convicts make (or even spend) money like that?

Sure they can. I cited LeTourneau from just a couple of months ago. Anyway, the SCOTUS held New York's "Son of Sam" law Unconstitutional back in, I think, 1990 by a consensus, which probably took with it every other Son of Sam law.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Statuatory rape is still rape - it's not the violent definition, it's a different one - but they still define it as rape, not 'underage consentual sex' - but "rape".

At 15 I would have told her..."So rape me...I'll help you.":D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Please somebody, explain concisely how this double standard can be deemed acceptable by western civilization

Impact. It has been said that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how it affects you.

It is generally regarded that there is less emotional impact on boys than girls because of socialization. Sex is not something that would degrade our self-image if it occurred at 15.

I had sex with at that age with a girl my own age. Even though I was not mature enough to deal with the event (or possible consequences), I certainly wasn't emotionally traumatized by it.

Maybe the solution is to quit getting so excited about everybodys virginity and start discussing it in a mature fashion.

At 15 I would have told her..."So rape me...I'll help you.":D

Agreed, but she would be doing wrong. You'd have been pretty happy about the deal.

That's why you don't go to jail. She does.

Happythoughts - it's not about 'virginity', if a couple 15 year olds do it, then that's not illegal, it's just something the parents have to deal with. it's about an adult raping a child - that does require a very mature discussion. Something lacking with the 'witty' and 'off the cuff' responses we see here

I have to assume that since the responses are all empathizing with the 15 year old boy's viewpoint that I must actually be debating with a bunch of 15 year old boys goofing off on a skydiving web site.

Who here is willing to put themselves in the mind of the school teacher and talk about how messed up that person is...?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants