JohnRich

The NRA's New President: A Jewish Woman

In the news:

Guns were not a big deal in Sandy Froman's life — until an intruder tried to break into her Los Angeles apartment one night about 25 years ago. Now she is the first Jewish person and only the second woman to serve as president of the National Rifle Association.

"I think the traditional belief on the part of most people is that Jews tend to be extremely liberal and liberals tend to be anti-gun," Froman told the Forward.

Bucking such stereotypes, Froman, a 56-year-old lawyer from Tucson, Ariz., assumed the top NRA post earlier this year...

Peter Hamm, spokesman for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, suggested that Jews "should immediately get to work giving [Froman] the wisdom she needs because she ain't got it at the moment."

"I think his comment is ridiculous," Froman said. "They're desperate, they're losing ground with the American people, the NRA is gaining ground and they're trying to pick a fight. Those kind of statements are not made by people who have confidence in their position."

Full story: Forward
(Web site requires registration. Sign in with username "dropzone" and password "dropzone".)

Check this out.

I got a couple of their t-shirts--the ones that say "All in Favor of Gun Control Raise Your Right Hand" and show Hitler doing the Sieg Heil salute.

Walt

I'd like to get one that says "All in Favor of the Patriot Act Raise Your Right Hand"

jen
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

***I'd like to get one that says "All in Favor of the Patriot Act Raise Your Right Hand"

I think one that said "All in favor of giving the Wahabbis and Jihaddists free reign in America please raise your right hand":Swould be more appropriate for some here:S

I suppose you have an alternative to the patriot act that would be an improvement?

Somehow I dont think so;)
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

>I suppose you have an alternative to the patriot act that would be
>an improvement?

I've got one. Let me see if I can find it.

Here it is:

-------------------------------------------
1. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2. A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

3. No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

4. The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

5. No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

6. In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

7. In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

8. Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

9. The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

10. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
------------------------------------------------

1, 4, 5, 6, and 8 might give us some trouble at first, but I think if we adpoted the above, our children might someday thank us.

man, nobody in the politica; system today would vote that into law.....wait a minute, it sounds familiar.......nope, sounds familiar, but it sure ain't observed around this country

:DThat's pretty funny bill.

I like a lot of the things the NRA supports. I really don't care what religion the new head honcho of the NRA is, but I do hope that she is effective.

:)
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

it shouldn't matter what race or gender any leader is as lon as they do thier job effectivly.

having said that though the national rifle association are just a bunch of rednecks from what i have seen. are guns really that important?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

how is this getting hijacked to a discussion about the Patriot Act?

This one is about the 2nd, not the other amendments under attack by Congress and the White House.

and the judiciary and PC thugs

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

the national rifle association are just a bunch of rednecks

That's one good reason why this woman will be effective. People could make idiotic statements like that about Charleton Heston, and the media was happy to believe it and repeat it. But they won't dare do that against a little Jewish woman. It would violate their own rules about political-correctness. If they call a Jewish woman a "redneck", they'll be seen as evil themselves.

It's a good choice. It'll force the media to actually address the issues, instead of using stereotyping.

The NRA, using sex and religion to make political points? Say it isn't so!

It's a dirty game, but the media forced them to do it.

Likewise, Heston was chosen because it would give the NRA access to the media - they love movie stars. When a gun topic came up before, the media didn't give a crap about interviewing some unknown NRA guy named "LaPierre". Thus, the NRA couldn't get their side of the story heard. Heston changed all that, and gained the NRA the opening in the press to tell their view of things. It is unfortunate that you have to use a movie star or a Jewish woman to get your story heard, but that's they way the media is...

This is just the figurehead position anyway - the public face of the NRA. The real movers and shakers are the VP's and Board of Directors.

Photo of Sandy Froman

Having seen that photo, how could anyone possible think of her as evil just because she believes in gun ownership by law-abiding citizens?

my wife will be on 911 with the boy in the bedroom, while i'm out hunting in the house with a 9mm and a shotgun....bring it on, i haven't locked my door in 3 years.....the dog'll let me know when to get up......