UntamedDOG

Let's raise the cost of jump tickets

Style jumpers deserve subsidized jump prices too.

There aren't many of them remaining any more, and we must preserve social diversity in skydiving! Save the Style jumpers!

I love you man....!;)

"Turning for Tickets & Loopin' for Loot!":P

Just cash please...no checks!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

>We should pay based on what we can afford.

That's what happens at a lot of DZ's. Local people/teams who can't afford jumping/tunnel time often get significantly better deals than the 'rich' jumpers. Unfair? I don't think so.

Why don't you think that is unfair?:S Did I miss the scarcasim?

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

>I better start carrying my 1040s into restaurants too.

I think you'll find you get better results if you just talk to the owner.

>(A business owner can do whatever they want with their business, but
> customers can do what they want when they find out they are being
> exploited, too.)

Ding ding! That's exactly right. If it offends you that poor people, or old people, or children, or AAA members, or USPA members get better deals than other people - then by all means go somewhere else.

>I bet that list will generate a great influx of poor jumpers to those
>DZs - looking for their entitlement. How long does that DZ stay in
>operation or keep that benefit?

The DZ's that do this are doing great. Compassion often pays off.

Continuing in the tongue-in-cheek spirit of this thread...

What about those poor free-flyers who always have to sit in the back of the plane? I thought Rosa Parks settled this issue once and for all back in the 1960's. It's discrimination to make a certain category of people sit in the back of the bus! What freeflyer will dare to be the skydiving version of Rosa Parks, and demand seating up front in the exit lineup? Stand up for yourself!

Holy crap now THAT is funny! :D:D

Gotta go... plaything needs to spank me
Feel the hate...
Photos here

The DZ's that do this are doing great. Compassion often pays off.

Then publish the list of DZ that do this and their criteria for benefits for all to see. Then it's a fair thing. If not, it's sneaky. I don't believe they support poor over rich, I believe they subsidize teams, help out employees, and show favoritism to friends (none of which I take issue with - some is good business policy even). That's a lot different than the generalized policy you want us to believe is happening.

If it offends you that poor people, or old people, or children, or AAA members, or USPA members get better deals than other people

Billvon = self-defined strawman argument. Cut it out already. Argue the merits instead of your emotive jabs. Again, where is Billvon? What did you do with him? It was about 3 months ago that he went from decent debator to this fiction writer. We miss him.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Then publish the list of DZ that do this and their criteria for benefits
>for all to see.

Based on your reactions alone, I would not do that and subject DZ's to the fallout. Any time anyone gets a deal, other people get mad that they're not getting the same deal.

>Then it's a fair thing. If not, it's sneaky. I don't believe
>they support poor over rich, I believe they subsidize teams, help out
> employees, and show favoritism to friends (none of which I take
> issue with - some is good business policy even).

They do all those things. There is no fixed policy that any DZ has in terms of helping friends, helping people with little money, even sponsoring teams (at least at the DZ's I've been at.) It's done on a case-by-case basis. Which means that you may not be able to get the great deal that Joe Poor Freeflyer, or Jim's Hot 4-way Team, or Jill been-packin-there-foreva can get. Again, it is your choice to not jump at these places.

>It's done on a case-by-case basis. Which means that you may not be able to get the great deal that Joe Poor Freeflyer, or Jim's Hot 4-way Team, or Jill been-packin-there-foreva can get. Again, it is your choice to not jump at these places.

I have no issue with those types of situations and have now stated that three separate times. I have issue with YOUR implication that people should be charged based on income. If I inferred that wrong, then we have no issue here. But since I've made that clarification so many times and you continue to try and make my position out in a bad and inccorrect light, I have to assume that the inference was correct or you are just being really belligerent.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>I have issue with YOUR implication that people should be charged
> based on income.

Never said that, nor do I believe it. I do believe that:

-some DZ's do just that and
-it's not unfair, any more than charging less for children, senior citizens, teams or employees is unfair.

>But since I've made that clarification so many times . . .

Oh. You kept saying things like "if that's true I have to carry my 1040 to restaraunts!' which sounded like you didn't believe that it happened. Sorry if I misunderstood.

In most states, vehicle tag cost is based on use (weight). The more a vehicle weighs (and wears the road), the more it costs for a tag.
Someone from California told me that it is based on the cost of the vehicle. That seems odd.

Are you saying that an airplane ride whould be based on weight instead of income? (that makes more sense really if you think about how an airplane operates - but it would also not be very popular except for very small liberals - just kidding - very small people):S:P

It appears that BV was only speaking about the DZ owner's right to make special individual exceptions to base cost (not necessarily income based) where the DZO sees a business or personal advantage (like buying in blocks, team discounts, etc). I have no issue with it. I had issue with the concept of a, conceptually, DZ manifest with a posted table where on the left, you see an income progression, and on the right, the progressive corresponding jump ticket cost (that applies to everybody). Clearly unfair and way too political for a successful business.

Are you saying that an airplane ride whould be based on weight instead of income?:S:P

I think that's a great idea. Why should fit people subsidize disgusting fatbodies' skydiving? If I'm 50lbs lighter than some fat fucking manatee-looking slob, I should rightfully pay less, as it burns less fuel to get me to altitude than it does Shamu the Skydiver.

Are you saying that an airplane ride whould be based on weight instead of income?:S:P

I think that's a great idea. Why should fit people subsidize disgusting fatbodies' skydiving? If I'm 50lbs lighter than some fat fucking manatee-looking slob, I should rightfully pay less, as it burns less fuel to get me to altitude than it does Shamu the Skydiver.

Wouldn't that be unfair to someone who is in great shape and just has a large bone structure in favor of a 100 lb. weakling?

Wouldn't that be unfair to someone who is in great shape and just has a large bone structure in favor of a 100 lb. weakling?

Why, shouldn't we pay only for the gas that we are responsible for?

It could be legislated as a social program, the natural economic forces will require people to lose weight in order to save on the cost of jumping. Further, in many cases, the overall health of jumpers will improve. We can get more people on the plane making jump operations more efficient. That fat newbie who downsized canopies too soon will now downsize themselves to a safer wingloading.

In the end, the amount of gas burned by jump (average) will go down, thus conserving natural resources.

What? Do you hate mother earth that much?

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?

Why, shouldn't we pay only for the gas that we are responsible for?

It could be legislated as a social program, the natural economic forces will require people to lose weight in order to save on the cost of jumping. Further, in many cases, the overall health of jumpers will improve. We can get more people on the plane making jump operations more efficient. That fat newbie who downsized canopies too soon will now downsize themselves to a safer wingloading.

In the end, the amount of gas burned by jump (average) will go down, thus conserving natural resources.

What? Do you hate mother earth that much?

Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?

Yeah, well all thats fine, but what are you going to do when some disgruntled fat guy straps a bomb to himself and detonates it while on jump run? Oppression can cause people to become desparate and do thing they might not ordinarily do. Look at Freeflyers.

Oppression can cause people to become desparate and do thing they might not ordinarily do. Look at Freeflyers.

That's it, I'm out of here. Can't take any more.

:D:D

I should rightfully pay less, as it burns less fuel to get me to altitude than it does Shamu the Skydiver.

It appears that skydivers don’t support each other very often on this website. This thread has demonstrated a valuable lesson. If you want to find people who support your viewpoint just start a thread insinuating the exact opposite of how you really feel. The contradictory replies you receive will actually support your perspective.

Humans. So predictable.

I should rightfully pay less, as it burns less fuel to get me to altitude than it does Shamu the Skydiver.

It appears that skydivers don’t support each other very often on this website. This thread has demonstrated a valuable lesson. If you want to find people who support your viewpoint just start a thread insinuating the exact opposite of how you really feel. The contradictory replies you receive will actually support your perspective.

Humans. So predictable.

Actually most of the replies in this thread were comical and shows how skydivers can laugh and poke fun at each other. To take them as anything more is, well.....laughable.

Humans. So predictable.

Fucking Troll.