wmw999

My brush with tawdry fame

Celebrities I've met by the dozen - after all, Ron Howard married my babysitter...

But bad-guy celebs? Not unless you count people like Winona Ryder, Morton Downey jr., and that ilk. There were a few people I went to HS with that sorta went sour, but more along the lines of white collar stuff - David Davidson, for one, who bilked many homeowners out of their mortgages and served a lot of time for that, and stuff like that.

But no murdering scum. That I know of, anyway. A couple of folk I've always had questions about, though they've not been convicted of anything (or accused, either, as far as I know.)

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Met Pres. Kennedy,> Nixon and V.P. Agnew ( rode ten miles on my bike as a cub scout) as a kid. Dad was way up in the USAF. Went to Hollywood HS. Don't remember. Was tripping on that good acid back in the 70's. LOL Went to HS later in Orl. w/ Daryll Dawkins. (Anyone remember him?). Met Dustin Hoffman at a Hollywood premiere. Other than that I met myself in the mirror the other day and I'm the most famous person I know. LOL;)
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

I went to church with George Foreman! (the boxer)

I went to church with George W. for a while, back when his dad was Vice President. I don't think I ever met him, but I would see him and his wife there on Sunday mornings sometimes. I did meet George Sr. once though, at a small airplane hangar in Pecos, TX.

Saw Bobby Kennedy once on the subway platform underneath the U.S. Capitol. Met a lot of interesting people who came to our college for lectures; Daniel Ellsberg, Alan Ginsburg, Gary Snyder, Rod Serling, and Gene McCarthy.

Met Jerry Bird and Carl Boenish too !

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

One of my cousins is Alby Mangle. Ol' Alby had a tv show here in Australia while I was growing up (not so long ago :P) which was all about surviving in the bush. He was sort of like the original crocodile hunter. Scary huh?

His show sort went bust after a while. Last I saw of him was at a relative's wedding. He was throwing up in the potplant out the front of the reception hall.

Ohhh, and I served Bill Clinton dinner one night. He was a guest at a dinner which was being catered for by a company that I worked for while I was at university. Security in black suit everywhere.

Success is never final and failure never fatal. It's courage that counts.
George F. Tiltonood