rhys

terrorism

look up the definition of terrorist/terrorism in the dictionary.

does this not make the u.s.a. complete hypocrites?

the war on terror is an oxymoron. and just a cover to achieve the selfish goals of a selfish few.

wake up and smell the coffee.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Hmm...From Dictionary.com:

terrorism

n : the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear

Ok, you're right, we're pushing religious goals by killing civilians.

Riiiiight.

Give it time and some group will not like New Zealand either, then they'll start trying to excersize full terrorism in your land. I think your opinion might shift a bit after that.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

look up the definition of terrorist/terrorism in the dictionary.

the war on terror is an oxymoron. and just a cover to achieve the selfish goals of a selfish few.

wake up and smell the coffee.

absolutely - i agree completely.

Why dance around the bush? How is it hypocritical?

The fact is that the label 'terrorist' is nearly always applied to a lesser foe who uses unconventional tactics in a war. The American Revolutionaries were terrrorists.

But take the labels away and the US still has an opposition force at war with it, and who started it. It's silly to expect the world's leading power to not respond.

Tell me again what the white settlers in New Zealand did to the natives there?

The American Revolutionaries were terrrorists.

they were? It seems to me that nearly all of their fighting was against the British soldiers.

terrorist is not a completely relativist idea. The idea is that a terrorist specifically targets civilians.

So how were the American revolutionaries terrorists?
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

First off, many civilians (Loyalists) were targetted. But I reject the definition that requires the civilian component.

The Boston Tea Party was another act, same with the bombings of anchored boats. Then there was the shooting while hiding in the trees, against the regimented Redcoats. How different is that, really, from suicide bombers in the Middle East?

Terrorism is entirely a matter of point of view. If you lived in Bagdad the past 15 years, cruise missiles are a very powerful suicide bomber, nothing more.

Hmm...From Dictionary.com:

terrorism

n : the calculated use of violence (or threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimindation or coercion or instilling fear

Ok, you're right, we're pushing religious goals by killing civilians.

Riiiiight.

Give it time and some group will not like New Zealand either, then they'll start trying to excersize full terrorism in your land. I think your opinion might shift a bit after that.

yeah you got it.

your religon is $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and new zealand doesn't attack anyone so new zealand doesn't get attacked. and if we started killing people, people would want to kill us too.

simple isn't it?

now search;
foreign civillians killed by U.S. military.

and then;
foreign civillians killed by new zealand miltary

and you will understand further.;)

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

Why dance around the bush? How is it hypocritical?

is that a pun about your foolish presedent or did you fail to understand that your govonment are actually terrorists themselves?

Jeez - did you actually read anything I (or others) wrote?

You're trying to make a point without actually making it. But what it is, I can only guess. I hope it's more than stating the obvious - people on the other side see American forces as terrorists too.

Jeez - did you actually read anything I (or others) wrote?

You're trying to make a point without actually making it. But what it is, I can only guess. I hope it's more than stating the obvious - people on the other side see American forces as terrorists too.

of course i read what you and other wrote. you just don't get the point.
the point is that yes the american forces are terrorists and they created the terrorists that have attacked and will potentially attack the u.s. by terrorising them in the first place. trying to combat these terrorists by terrorising them and others even more makes no sense at all. it is as if they want a retaliation.

is that making it safer for you and me or is it like proding an angry dog with a stick.

it is a catch 22 situation that has been deliberatly put in place to ensure conflict which means $$$$$$$ for a small greedy, selfish, cruel minority.

there should be no pride in supporting such a cruel organisation. but there is.[:/]

now search;
foreign civillians killed by U.S. military.

and then;
foreign civillians killed by new zealand miltary

and you will understand further.

Huh. Civillian casualties happen in war, especially when the opposing force hides their military in civilian areas such as schools and places of religious worship.

Lets see, I'm sure the New Zealand military didn't happen to kill civilians during the Vietnam war, since you say that your military is the perfect example.

You're trying to make a point by assuming we're idiots. That' doesn't work too well.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

of course i read what you and other wrote. you just don't get the point.
the point is that yes the american forces are terrorists and they created the terrorists that have attacked and will potentially attack the u.s. by terrorising them in the first place. trying to combat these terrorists by terrorising them and others even more makes no sense at all. it is as if they want a retaliation.

is that making it safer for you and me or is it like proding an angry dog with a stick.

it is a catch 22 situation that has been deliberatly put in place to ensure conflict which means $$$$$$$ for a small greedy, selfish, cruel minority.

there should be no pride in supporting such a cruel organisation. but there is.

I think that your opinion is skewed a little bit. Maybe a little hatred of the good ol' USA in your blood? You are trying to tell me that the soldiers/airmen/sailors/marines are equivalent to terrorists?

Do terrorists rebuild the country that has been destroyed after the fighting is over? Do they build schools? What about hospitals? Do terrorists spend truckloads of money to rebuild a 3rd world nation that has been repressed for years by its own dictator?

Tell me again how we, as Americans, are terrorists?
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

I think that your opinion is skewed a little bit. Maybe a little hatred of the good ol' USA in your blood? You are trying to tell me that the soldiers/airmen/sailors/marines are equivalent to terrorists?

Do terrorists rebuild the country that has been destroyed after the fighting is over? Do they build schools? What about hospitals? Do terrorists spend truckloads of money to rebuild a 3rd world nation that has been repressed for years by its own dictator?

Tell me again how we, as Americans, are terrorists?

God bless the troops!

yes terrorists do rebuild countries to thier own liking, for selfish gain not for the sake of the civillians. i don't know what your news networks/govornment will allow you to see? but all i am seeing is more violence killing and mahem. and that is like today, right now. i don't see new hospitals or schools all i see is death, sadness, opression.

you are living in the same lie those poor soldiers are/were living. if they didn't believe what they were doing was/is right they wouldn't be there. you have been brainwashed into believing such bullshit.

prove me wrong please?

yes terrorists do rebuild countries to thier own liking, for selfish gain not for the sake of the civillians. i don't know what your news networks/govornment will allow you to see? but all i am seeing is more violence killing and mahem. and that is like today, right now. i don't see new hospitals or schools all i see is death, sadness, opression.

you are living in the same lie those poor soldiers are/were living. if they didn't believe what they were doing was/is right they wouldn't be there. you have been brainwashed into believing such bullshit.

prove me wrong please?

You sound like an armchair quarterback that really "knows" what he is talking about, but in the end is just full of hot air.

I know what good has happened there. I was there. I was part of the rebuilding. I took part in it. I watched as the children were able to go school. I was there when the people were able to do things that they werent under Saddam. You tell me you want proof, you need to take your head out of the sand and look, you will find proof.

OK, pop quiz hotshot.....what do you think should be done? Since you know everything, and you've been there and all. I want to know what you think should happen.
The primary purpose of the Armed Forces is to prepare for and to prevail in combat should the need arise.

K, pop quiz hotshot.....what do you think should be done? Since you know everything, and you've been there and all. I want to know what you think should happen.

um get rid of saddam without destroying so many lives while doing it. they can go to the moon and back, they can go the speed of sound, they can find anonymus murderers and they can watch your every move from sattelites in space. but they can't kill one man without destroying everything around him his army would have been rendered useless if he was dead from the beginning? instead they said "watch out i'm coming to get you"

they are not really that stupid, they could have killed/got rid of him with a very small elite army. there was no need for the actions taken to remove him from power.

war means money for the U.S.A. you cannot deny that?

they are not really that stupid, they could have killed/got rid of him with a very small elite army. there was no need for the actions taken to remove him from power.

how do you know what a small elite army could've done, if you didn't know there were countless assasination attempts against SH during his time as dictator. and obviously he survived all of them. so the guy boviously knows a little something about surviving. and you are saying that by killing him al Iraqi troops would have thrown down their arms and welcomed us. the army would've continued to fight. most likely that news would not have even gotten to the Iraqi soldiers, and if you remember we did try and take him out before we crossed the border, but he wasn't in the bunkers he was reported to be in.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower