lawrocket

What do PETA members feed their pets?

I've been thinking about this stuff. I'mpretty sure that there are PETA members out there with cats, dogs, etc. Don't most dog and cat foods have chicken meal, fish meal, beef products, etc.?

So, considering that many PETA members believe that farming animals is unethical, do they feed their pets with animal products? Or, do they force Rover to eat vegetable products?

If they do feed their pets animal products, do they object to that? Does PETA protest Purina or Alpo for their slaughter?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think you're trying to make this thread controversial!!! lol. I'm with ya' though. Just did a google search, and that's what I found.

I'm finding it very difficult to motivate myself to clean the house...lol.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

I have a friend who is a veterinarian and a vegan and she feeds her pets foods with meat in them. Doesn't feed her pets purina or anything, but does get dogfood (and presumably catfood) with meat in it.

I got a strong urge to fly, but I got no where to fly to. -PF

My dogs get carrots for a treat after their walk every day, they love them.

I feed my dogs meals that I make for them, but they include meat.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I think in every galaxy their exists some form of stupidity like PETA

I'm 99% shure European law requires that all pet food is fit for human consumption
which would make common sense as little baby Joe can crawl along an help himself to Fido's lunch

Go to France an you'll even get it served up in a resturant along with a good helping of garlic

Gone fishing

the hard core members believe pet ownership to be immoral, so the problem doesn't exist. Hell, in San Francisco people officially are pet guardians, not owners.

I don't think there is a more reasonable equilivent to PETA out there, so those who would just like to see some moderation in the way we use animals may have to suck it up and endure the jokes.

as long as you have a proper balance of nutrients, it shouldn't matter much whether the nutrients are from plant or animal. I have a friend who gives her cat vegan food, and the cat seems fine. Healthy, frisky, and active. Acts like a normal cat. I think it's a little weird to spend that much money on cat food (that vegan stuff is pricey!), but the cat seems happy enough.

>Sure pay .10/oz for Science Diet's smallest size or .55 (5 times
> more) for the vegan crap's largest.

Dude, people in the US spent $31 billion on their pets in 2003. That's about $500 a year per pet. People buy little doggy boots and sweaters for their dogs. Cost isn't the issue.

>Sure pay .10/oz for Science Diet's smallest size or .55 (5 times
> more) for the vegan crap's largest.

Dude, people in the US spent $31 billion on their pets in 2003. That's about $500 a year per pet. People buy little doggy boots and sweaters for their dogs. Cost isn't the issue.

You're right. The issue/question was whether PETA followers offer they're pets non meat meals. It was answered yes and an example given.

I simply disagree with the practice of being "politically correct" and denying a carnivore with the appropriate diet - while paying more to do it - 5 times more.

Free country - but silly in my eyes.

....my Bull Mastif would have shit that expensive tofu/daisy mix right on my pillow if he saw that instead of his bag of rendored animal parts:)

Carpe Diem

>I simply disagree with the practice of being "politically correct" and
> denying a carnivore with the appropriate diet . . .

Most pet owners do that. Few dog or cat owners fed their pets raw meat. Generally it's a dried, artificially flavored cereal/processed meat mix. About as far as you can get from raw meat, but it's a lot cheaper that way - even if it's not what a carnivore is 'supposed' to eat. Sounds like PETA pet owners use a different dried cereal mix.

>my Bull Mastif would have shit that expensive tofu/daisy mix right
>on my pillow if he saw that instead of his bag of rendored animal parts . . .

So far we've had a great dane, a collie mix, a gordon setter, and a boxer, and they've all eaten whatever we gave them. In our house the humans were always in charge of the food.

most pet owners do that. Few dog or cat owners fed their pets raw meat

I had my dog on a BARF (bones and raw food) for some time. It was just to time consuming preparing meals. I need to get a quality food processer if I ever go back to that route. He still gets raw meat bone and all as a supplement

About as far as you can get from raw meat, but it's a lot cheaper that way

Going to a quality dry food was not so much a cost issue.
That spot isn't bad at all, the winds were strong and that was the issue! It was just on the downwind side.

>I simply disagree with the practice of being "politically correct" and
> denying a carnivore with the appropriate diet . . .

>Most pet owners do that. Few dog or cat owners fed their pets raw meat. Generally it's a dried, artificially flavored cereal/processed meat mix. About as far as you can get from raw meat, but it's a lot cheaper that way - even if it's not what a carnivore is 'supposed' to eat. Sounds like PETA pet owners use a different dried cereal mix..

Still meat though - and that's the debate, not the form it comes in.

>my Bull Mastif would have shit that expensive tofu/daisy mix right
>on my pillow if he saw that instead of his bag of rendored animal parts . . .

Trust me, D.B. would have shit on the pillow - who ever was in charge of the food would not matter

Carpe Diem

My rottie would love an all-veggie diet; as much as she loves her dogfood diet, the carrot sticks and broccoli stems I feed her in the kitchen, the little bits of whatever I drop on the floor by accident when I'm cooking, the yogurt container she likes to lick, the occasional raw chicken necks, backs, and wings, the Chinese tallow tree seeds she picks up off the ground, the occasional dogshit she finds on her walk -- you get the picture.

It's all quantity with her. I don't think an all-veggie diet would piss her off as long as it kept coming :P

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)