jumpjunkie2004

Guns for Hire?

Just a little glimpse into real life In Iraq.......

Now why would someone be standing on a hill in a remote area in Al-Anbar province near a USMC base using binoculars and a cell phone?:o

Under the rules of engagement,the Marines couldnt shoot at him.........:(:S

But the Azerbaijanis stationed with them could;)and did:)
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

So here were my original questions:

Are there no rules when we are at war?

Answer - There are rules, but they can be broken if it helps us.

Shooting an unarmed person as he/she runs away just seems wrong.

Answer - Without additional information, said unarmed person may be dangerous and therefore a legitimate target.

Maybe they were a group of really bad men, but they didn't have weapons. Why not take them alive?

Answer: ?

Is this what has to be done to "WIN" the war?

Answer: Yes, but looks are deceiving and possibly these guys were bad and their deaths were completely justified.

Does anyone police the subcontractors?

Answer: Not really.
Jump, Land, Pack, Repeat...

Is apprehending them an option?

Most cases I'd say no. Anytime you can capture a combatant it is a good idea to do it for the intel. But most times these folks would rather die and get 100 Virgins.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

But most times these folks would rather die and get 100 Virgins.

Wouldn't it be better to have 100 hot bisexual college sorority girls? That's what I've learned from the internet, so it must be true.:D:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

***This appears to be a way around the "rules".

Azerbaijan is an independent country and their military obviously has different "rules of engagement" then the USMC in this instance.......I would say the Azerbaijanis are following their rules.Why would you state it is a way around the rules of engagement when they are folowing their rules of engagement?They would not be bound by our rules of engagement:S;)
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Well, it would have been obvious if they were wearing black shirts that they were in a biker gang and up to no good.

Hey now......bikers are human also ya know....and have certain ina....inalia....inalianible.......WHATEVER!!! :P we gots rights too :)

:D:D

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Funny how some people without watching the video jump to the conclusion that the guys running were armed and posed a threat. I mean funny in a sick distorted way.

Just as funny as those who weren't there and automatically assume they weren't otherwise a legitimate threat.

What's your point?

-
Jim
"Like" - The modern day comma
Good bye, my friends. You are missed.

Just as funny as those who weren't there and automatically assume that because they were wearing white shirts and even running away that they weren't otherwise a legitimate threat.

What's your point?

-
Jim

My point is that the only person in this thread who has seen the video literally sais:

A man was shooting people running away from a building off in the distance. The people being shot did not have weapons and some of them were wearing white shirts.

So it is not me who is assuming things or making up excuses to defend an agenda. Without watching the video for ourselves we will have to trust who saw it, don´t you think?

My point is that the only person in this thread who has seen the video literally sais:

A man was shooting people running away from a building off in the distance. The people being shot did not have weapons and some of them were wearing white shirts.

So it is not me who is assuming things or making up excuses to defend an agenda. Without watching the video for ourselves we will have to trust who saw it, don´t you think?

So, being the great expert in the room, are you saying that anyone not currently holding a weapon is an innocent and shouldn't be touched?

ps - fyi - it is"says" in English, not "sais" and "massacring" not masacrating
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

And my point is that since you, and anyone else here on dz.com, wasn't there, what the heck do you know? Did the video catch the bad guys from all angles? How do you know that they were running away and not running towards something? Finally, what in the hell does the white shit have to do with anything?

It's easy for people to sit back and play armchair quarterback. It's even easier when they possibly don't have all of the facts.

-
Jim

So, being the great expert in the room, are you saying that anyone not currently holding a weapon is an innocent and shouldn't be touched?

All i am saying is that anyone not currently holding a weapon may not be a criminal and therefore shouldn´t be sniped at without further checking.

ps - fyi - it is"says" in English, not "sais" and "massacring" not masacrating

Gee, thanks dude, i was wondering who would be the first poster in this thread to bring up my spelling in the english language.
Note to self: do not forget to write the post in spanish as well so kennedy doesn´t get lost in the spelling and grammar. :S

And my point is that since you, and anyone else here on dz.com, wasn't there, what the heck do you know? Did the video catch the bad guys from all angles? How do you know that they were running away and not running towards something?

If we are going to play what-if, we can play what-ifs both ways. What about if they were a group of inocent civilians (women and kids) fleeing a combat zone and they were sniped at by those contractors?
Man, if you are going to look for excuses and make up the rest of teh story is not in video, anything is justified, from a pat in the back to a bullet in their head.

Finally, what in the hell does the white shit have to do with anything?

I have no clue.

It's easy for people to sit back and play armchair quarterback. It's even easier when they possibly don't have all of the facts.

Yeah, i agree, do you realize that you are doing precisely that. You are filling the gaps in the information with a story made up by yourself, just so those contractors do not look bad.

What if thos people were just walking down the road when some fuckwit forigener with no discipline or control starts shooting people for fun from a roof top.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

If we are going to play what-if, we can play what-ifs both ways.

Exactly my point.

Yeah, i agree, do you realize that you are doing precisely that. You are filling the gaps in the information with a story made up by yourself, just so those contractors do not look bad.

No, it's not what I'm doing. If you'll pay close attention you'll see that I never advocated one position or another, but rather I simply provided an alternate scenario to the original posters.

-
Jim

i thought it was 72? or maybe they've gone metric.

Your right, it is 72....I adjusted for inflation;)

I think Dave has a better idea, 100 Bi sexual College chicks...Who wants virgins? You have to teach them.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Funny how some people without watching the video jump to the conclusion that the guys running were armed and posed a threat. I mean funny in a sick distorted way.

Like the U.S troops are not masacrating innocent civilians...

I find it funny that without seeing the video you assume they were killing innocent people.

Cool thing about the US is you are innocent till proven guilty.