Amanduh

For All You Believers (Religious)

This is good. Ask yourself the question of "would you run" after you read this!!

Would you run?

Imagine this happening to you...

One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carying submachine guns.

One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are."

Immediately, the choir fled...

the deacons fled...

and most of the congregation fled...

Out of the 2,000 there only remained around 20.

The man who had spoken took off his hood...

He then looked at the preacher and said, "Okay Pastor, I got rid of all the hypocrites...Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!"

And the two men turned and walked out.

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God...and then wonder why the world is in the condition it is today...

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say...but question what the Bible says...

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven...proved they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.

Or is it scary?

Funny how someone can say "I believe in God"...but still follow Satan (who, by the way also "believes" in God).

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire...but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, you think twice about sharing.

Funny how the lewd,crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace...but the public discussion of Jesus is suppressed in the school and work place.

Funny, isn't it? Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday...but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

*This is something my friend send me through e-mail. Greenies..feel free to move it if you think it might provoke controversy. I just thought it made a good point.*

Now that it is here I'll repost. I will comment. I loved the e-mail. I have been a Christian for 15 years and just recently have really begun to turn my life around and have decided that being a "Christian" and living a life for God need to be the same thing. I'm excited to tell people about God, and in the next few months I will be changing my proffesion to go into full-time ministry.

Funny, isn't it? Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday...but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

Like I said be a Christian and living your life for God need need to be the same.

One Sunday morning during service, a 2,000 member congregation was surprised to see two men enter, both covered from head to toe in black and carying submachine guns.

One of the men proclaimed, "Anyone willing to take a bullet for Christ remain where you are."

Interesting, but somewhat flawed. If Jesus came in and asked me to take a bullet for him .... sure. If some insane terrorist asked me to offer up myself or my children just to prove to HIM that I am a believer ... hell yeah I'd run ... and I'd be using my body to shield my children in the process. I don't owe that terrorist anything, least of all my life.

I absolutely agree that there exists a large number of "Sunday believers", people that only stop and give thought or pause to their religious beliefs for 60 minutes on Sundays. But I think it's better that they are there only on Sundays, than not there at all. I mean most people aren't on the same timeline of religious enlightenment, and some take longer than others. I think if you asked your pastor their opinion on the 180 that left, they would say they are pleased to have them there in church on Sundays, regardless of how they spend the rest of their week. If they are in the church each week, then the pastor has the ability to get the Lord's message through.

Again, while I see where the message is in the gunman story, I can't say I blame the others for leaving. While I admit that I do not percieve to know or understand God's will, the idea of the Rapture coming in the form of 2 masked gunmen, it's not really plausible...........
Look at it in real world terms, did the Branch Davidians die for Christ becuase David Koresh asked them too? It's agreed he stated he was the second coming of The Christ, and he probably genuinley believed he was. His "followers" were asked to die for Christ, and they did. But did they really die for Christ or for their belief in David Koresh?

I don't have all the answers, but I would have attributed the 2 masked gunmen's demand to be ordinary people suffering from mental illness, and I would not have stayed. That makes no more or less Catholic than the "believers" that stayed.

Just my .02.

Tom

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

Yeah..this is why I posted it in the bonfire first..I just had to move it.

It is just a post to make you question yourself...not really to debate or get into an in depth discussion over the actual scenario they give.

All I was hoping for was for some to read it and go "Wowa, that does make me question my true morals" or whatever..not "Well, 2 masked gun men are not going to ..balbhablahbal" LOL

Just smile..it's life. Live for you..and be happy. Believe in yourself and stay true. Stray from being hypocritical and do not pretend to be something you are not.

:)

I have been a Christian for 15 years and just recently have really begun to turn my life around and have decided that being a "Christian" and living a life for God need to be the same thing. I'm excited to tell people about God, and in the next few months I will be changing my proffesion to go into full-time ministry.

Thank you. I'm glad there's people out there who want to convert everybody else. :S

Why can't you just be happy in your own beliefs and stop pushing them on others?
This ad space for sale.

Thank you. I'm glad there's people out there who want to convert everybody else. :S

Why can't you just be happy in your own beliefs and stop pushing them on others?

I do not see where he was pushing his beliefs on you.

How come every one in SC has got to try to start some kind of controversy over every single post???

Sheeeeshhhhh...*whipes forehead & nods head*

I don't think I pushing my beliefs on anyone. I stated what's going on in my life. Because I'm going into full-time ministry doesn't mean I'll be on a corner with a blow horn.

And anyone with an open heart, regardless if they are Christian or not...should respect your decision.

I think it's wonderful!!! Good luck and congratulations!!!! :)

I'm not talking about me. Read the part I quoted again.

I currently work with teens who come to where I'm at. I don't go to schools or the street telling people they gotta listen to me. I don't push anything on them. What I do the most of is listen. I give some advice, but for the most part i listen. If someone doesn't want to talk about God , so be it, I'm still gonna care for them and be there for them. My love is not conditioned on the person be a christian.

Thank you. I'm glad there's people out there who want to convert everybody else.

So who are you speaking of? Who is pushing their beliefs onto others????

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUMBLE.:ph34r::ph34r:

IN THE [RED]RED[/RED] CORNER we have Duh, pushing the borrow of the straight and narrow
AND
IN THE [BLUE]BLUE[/BLUE] Corner we have Uninformed, well what can we day, accept Amanduh and Co. are hoping to IN-form him
The the rumble begin:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm not talking about me. Read the part I quoted again.

I currently work with teens who come to where I'm at. I don't go to schools or the street telling people they gotta listen to me. I don't push anything on them. What I do the most of is listen. I give some advice, but for the most part i listen. If someone doesn't want to talk about God , so be it, I'm still gonna care for them and be there for them. My love is not conditioned on the person be a christian.

All right, that's cool then. I tend to think of ministry as those who go to different places telling people about God. I associated you with that since in your original post you stated "I'm excited to tell people about God" which comes off as different than what you just explained ...
This ad space for sale.

***IN THE RED CORNER wehave Duh, pusdhing the borrow of the straight and noarrow AND
IN THE BLUE Corner we have Uninformed, well what can we day, accept Amanduh and Co. are hoping to IN-form him

And all the peace-loving Buddhists will sit on the sidelines and watch:P:D

Oh.... and chant for harmony and understanding;)
Marc SCR 6046 SCS 3004

Thank you. I'm glad there's people out there who want to convert everybody else.

So who are you speaking of? Who is pushing their beliefs onto others????

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUMBLE.:ph34r::ph34r:

IN THE [RED]RED[/RED] CORNER wehave Duh, pusdhing the borrow of the straight and noarrow AND
IN THE [BLUE]BLUE[/BLUE] Corner we have Uninformed, well what can we day, accept Amanduh and Co. are hoping to IN-form him
The the runble begin:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

That's quite alright; I'm not going to rumble over religion; it'll just get both sides really aggravated and I actually plan on enjoying my day rather than being aggravated because of the internet. :ph34r:
This ad space for sale.

I don't think I pushing my beliefs on anyone. I stated what's going on in my life. Because I'm going into full-time ministry doesn't mean I'll be on a corner with a blow horn.

And anyone with an open heart, regardless if they are Christian or not...should respect your decision.

I think it's wonderful!!! Good luck and congratulations!!!! :)

So do I
"Africa is not for sissies"

I do not see where he was pushing his beliefs on you.

How come every one in SC has got to try to start some kind of controversy over every single post???

Sheeeeshhhhh...*whipes forehead & nods head*

Uhhhhhhh, that is pretty much the POINT of SC. And if you post something religious, political, or about guns, you are DEFINITELY going to get some opposing views filled with vitriol. :P
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

Uhhhhhhh, that is pretty much the POINT of SC. And if you post something religious, political, or about guns, you are DEFINITELY going to get some opposing views filled with vitriol. :P

Uhh...that's why I posted it in Bonfire first..DURRRRRRR. I was told to move it here...MY intentions were not to provoke controversy.

Now..let it die.

sheesh

LOL

He then looked at the preacher and said, "Okay Pastor, I got rid of all the hypocrites...Now you may begin your service. Have a nice day!"

And the two men turned and walked out.

Damn. I thought the punchline would have been that they shot the stupid ones who stayed as an object lesson in Darwinism, although the lesson that I seem to get from the story is that churchgoing christians fall into two categories, the hypocritical and the stupid.

Probably not the point that it really wanted to make I expect.