TypicalFish

Concealed Carry Scenario...

Aw Dave, I didn't mean to rile anyone personally, I just wanted to make the point that people should think carefully in such a situation.

Yep, I am very much aware of the extra training you have done, and I did read your reply. I even added the caveat to the effect that my statements didn't apply to those who have actually saught formal training to support their concealed carry practices.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Dave, nope you didn't rile me, you just stated something that is pertinant to this thread and discussion and I wanted to reply to it. As well as take it a little further to prove another point. :)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I fear that a six pack would only arouse the beast within, without satisfying its desires. Now thats a dangerous scenario.....

Trust me, I'm looking into a transatlantic pipeline, or chartering a supertanker, there must be plenty empty tankers on the return leg from the states these days.B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

In Australia you are only legally allowed to defend yourself, or your spouse

You mean it's a crime to defend your children, your friends, or complete strangers in desperate trouble?

Thats right, protecting yourself and your spouse is self defence.
Protecting anyone else is not as clear-cut and decided in a court.

Why are your own children considered less important than your spouse?

(Reply to cristalsabine): But, as you are Ghandi, it might be easy for you to say: I didn't want to take a chance for the greater good, I allowed him to walk away, their blood isn't on my hands, that was someone elses job to do.

Heck, even Ghandi was in favor of violence, when necessary:
"I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence... Hence also do I advocate training in arms for those who believe in the method of violence. I would rather have India resort to arms in order to defend her honor than that she should in a cowardly manner become or remain a helpless witness to her own dishonor."
- Mohandas Gandhi

At so many "completely unknown", imponderable circumstances, no one knows what might be next step, what might be within the critical "range/area", I would never ever pull out a hand/gun and shoot.

So, if you were standing on the end of a dock, and a little girl was drowning just 10 feet away, would you jump in and save her? Or would you stand there and contemplate all the imponderables of the situation, while the little girl goes under for the last time?

It's not a question of cowardice. No one should ever dare to attack anyone of my family. I'll be a killer within seconds.

So it's okay for you to become a killer to save your own family, disregarding the possibility of harming others in the process. But it's not okay for anyone else to do that?

At so many "completely unknown", imponderable circumstances, no one knows what might be next step, what might be within the critical "range/area", I would never ever pull out a hand/gun and shoot.

So, if you were standing on the end of a dock, and a little girl was drowning just 10 feet away, would you jump in and save her? Or would you stand there and contemplate all the imponderables of the situation, while the little girl goes under for the last time?

JohnRich, I am surprised to read such a crap.
Of course, I would. With my attempt to save that little girl's live, I do not kill anyone else. What do you think, guy. :o

I know where to draw the line.
:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Thousands of people have survived hijackings, this is the only recorded instance that I can think of where people 'had a go', everyone died.

Hijackers in the past did not turn the aircraft into weapons to be used to kill everyone on board and thousands more on the ground. In the old days, they were just transportation.

All that changed on 9/11/01. The two planes that were hijacked where the passengers sat meekly and did nothing, were used as weapons to kill over 3,000 more people on the ground. The third plane where the passengers revolted against their hijackers, had a bad outcome for the passengers themselves, however, they prevented the plane from being used as a weapon to kill more on the ground. They may have in fact, saved the White House, and hundreds more lives that would otherwise have perished. Given a choice between several evils, I would say this was a better outcome than letting the hijackers just have their way.

And it sends a signal to future hijackers, that may deter them from repeating such acts.

Of course, I would. With my attempt to save that little girl's live, I do not kill anyone else. I know where to draw the line.

Then why are you so certain that some "gun" scenario will never be as clear cut as this "drowning girl" scenario, such that you would "never" carry a gun or shoot for self defense?

Of course, I would. With my attempt to save that little girl's live, I do not kill anyone else. I know where to draw the line.

Then why are you so certain that some "gun" scenario will never be as clear cut as this "drowning girl" scenario, such that you would "never" carry a gun or shoot for self defense?

Simply: I am a normal thinking human beeing. Good night, JohnRich. It's past midnight for me.

Cya

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Simply: I am a normal thinking human beeing. Good night, JohnRich. It's past midnight for me.

I see. For daring to think that in the entire history of the world there might possibly have been at least a single instance where shooting in self defense could be done without endangering any innocent passers-by, that makes me "abnormal".

Well, once again in my conversation with you, the rules here prohibit me from responding to you with what I would really like to say.

Read my mind...

it would be much more effective to just be allowed to carry assault rifles...that way you can kill any lousy waste of skin criminal before he actually succeeds in killing or harming any innocent people animals or property...what does the criminals right to inlict pain and suffering on others supercede our right to defend ourselves and others?

carry assault rifles

Explain what an assault rifle actually is.

Is it a certain caliber? Does it have a certain kind of sites or maybe a scope? What about something that has a bayonnet mount? Does that make a Springfield 1903 a full on assault rifle or a collectors item? What if it doesn't have a bayonnet mount?

Explain to me exactly what an assault rifle so to show me you're not simply regurgitating worthless dribble from the media.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

>it would be much more effective to just be allowed to carry assault
> rifles...that way you can kill any lousy waste of skin criminal before
>he actually succeeds in killing or harming any innocent people
>animals or property...

Exactly! And all those waste of flesh people on the street who are so dumb they don't even know how to get out of the way of an assault rifle. Might as well end their oxygen-wasting days as well. Of course, if one of them is carrying an assault rifle as well, he might just open up on you . . . best carry Sarin just in case.

Exactly! And all those waste of flesh people on the street who are so dumb they don't even know how to get out of the way of an assault rifle. Might as well end their oxygen-wasting days as well. Of course, if one of them is carrying an assault rifle as well, he might just open up on you . . . best carry Sarin just in case.

I'm glad to see you're starting to come around Bill.:)

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin