Kennedy

Political Reading List

Just some books I've read or had highly recommended.
Who else has got some good books, new and old?
(all ideologies welcome, even America-haters)

"Men In Black" by Mark Levin

"A Republic, Not An Empire" and
"The Sorrows of Empire" by Pat Buchanan

"Meltdown" by Patrick J. Michaels

"We Were Soldiers Once, And Young" by LtCol Harold Moore

"The Shadow University" by (I can't remember)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

"Constitutional Chaos" by Andrew Napalitano

While not entirely political, still good reads and parts are relevant to current policy discussions... "Battle Ready" by Zinni/Clancy and "Shadow Warriors" by Steiner/Clancy

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

May I suggest you at least read the Amazon summary/description of the books before condemning them to the bonfire? You might be surprised at how much you agree with the ideas.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

I agree the guy has some serious issues upstairs. That doesn't mean he hasn't got something worthwhile to say on topics other than domestic issues.

You can inform yourself or not, but I suggest you at least check them out.
witty subliminal message
1*

I just read "Unholy Allience: Radical Islam and the American Left" by David Horowitz

I thought it was an excellent Book describing the history of the Communist movement in america and how that has been reshaped over the years.

It points out the Irony in the Neo-Communist movement and how it has allied itself with Radical Islam... A group quite opposite of the Communist/Utopian view of the american Left.

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

> I just read "Unholy Allience: Radical Islam and the American Left"
> by David Horowitz

I read part of that as well. It ranks up there with Ann Coulter's and Al Franken's books - all books telling people exactly what they want to hear.

>Depends on the audience.

Exactly. I suspect not too many conservatives buy "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right." Nor do liberals buy "Treason: Liberal Treachery from the Cold War to the War on Terrorism."

I may not buy either of them, but I'll read them for free at Barnes & Noble. :)

Editorial Reviews (of Republic not an Empire)
Amazon.com
Anyone who has caught Pat Buchanan's television appearances, or heard his campaign rhetoric, will be surprised at his relatively evenhanded and thoughtful tone as he writes--often quite persuasively--in favor of the restoration of the political, military, and economic independence that largely drove U.S. foreign policy in the 19th century. At the heart of A Republic, Not an Empire is a well-written history of U.S. foreign policy beginning with the end of the American Revolution, going through the First and Second World Wars, Vietnam, and the end of the cold war, up to the superpower's involvement in the Persian Gulf and the former Yugoslavia. This section is bookended by, essentially, two very long op-ed pieces that lay out Buchanan's view of U.S. foreign policy: American interests should determine all foreign-policy decisions.

The twin foreign-policy goals of interventionism and free trade that seem to drive the Clinton administration's foreign policy are, Buchanan argues, the same pursuits "that brought the British Empire to ruin." Empires fall, he reminds us, through war and too many foreign commitments. With the end of the cold war, he suggests, U.S. foreign policy has become chaotic, driven by special interests; the sum of U.S. global commitments has become greater than the country's ability to defend them. In the end, A Republic, Not an Empire proposes, the only country the United States can completely rely on and trust is itself.
See all reviews

Also, Sorrows of Empire is not by Buchanan, but by Chalmers Johnson.
witty subliminal message
1*

I read part of idiot-boy Franken's book in a B & N one time. The man lives in constant pain, because it has to hurt being that stupid. One wonders if his parents had any kids that lived.
:S
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

> I read part of idiot-boy Franken's book in a B & N one time.

Yeah, I read most of Coulter's book in a Borders. She has enough hatred in her for ten suicide bombers, but this being america, she's found a profitable outlet for all that hate. You can make money on anything here!

"Men In Black" by Mark Levin

Have you read this one yet? If so, what did you think? I've almost picked it up a few times, but have a few other books I need to finish before I start another.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke