ying

suicidal parachutists?

Oh pleazzzze, leave him out of here, good old Roddy! I love him and his rusty old voice :$... Maggie...

Much more I do believe that Ying is collecting details of every poster replying to her, preparing next steps.. Within next days, Ying will come back with full power again to "discuss" with every poster personally :ph34r::ph34r:

Be prepared :P :D:D:D

Christel

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I can't belive this thread is still going! Its been reserected more times than Rod Stewart!!!

It's not. it's just one person's retarded rambling trying to make a long thread. Someon should hijack this thread and turn it into another Dublin thread.
This ad space for sale.

Woohoo! I'm going to be in Ireland all next week and will be there for Paddy's day! The Craic will be mighty for sure! Having said that I was over there a couple of weeks ago and alot of the Irish were not looking forward to it at all.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Within next days, Ying will come back with full power again to "discuss" with every poster personally

Yup, another novel filled with words nobody ever uses. I'm so sick of the word 'polemecize'.... I wonder is she's figured out what I meant when I asked if she could throw a spiral. I don't think noogie and swirlie are in the dictionary either. I wonder how far she'll go to try and figure out what I'm saying! :D

This thread reminds me of the time in college my room mate and I were shocking ourselves with a stun gun. It was pointless, painful, and in the end, we felt stupid for continuing to do something that totally sucked! Just like this thread! :S At least the stun gun left us with a funny story to tell later in life....

Oh well... intellect (or lack thereof) is getting me nowhere on this thread, so it's time to have some fun!

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

AAAA! Where are the moderators and Always Vigilant Justinb138 when i need them?! Unformed has suggested that i'm retarded! It's a personal attack! BAN HIM! BAN HIM! Nah, just kidding ;)

Mr2mk1g; you really surprised me. I didn't expect that anybody would ever admit what you have actually admitted. Your honesty is really someting. You have my respect. But i want to hear it from Unformed ;)

Christelsabine; ;)

DZJ; so you still read my OFFENSIVE posts? :) Well, i see you’ve checked out your dictionary and rewritten what you have found in it. Nice going. But in my dictionary of the Borrowed Words it is written that etymologically polemicist comes from the Greek polemistes. Perhaps it only applies to the Polish language. I’m not sure. But even if the root of polemics is the Greek polemikos, coming from polemos, and even if polemicist morphologically derives from polemics, you can’t deny that the word polemicist is analogical to the Greek polemistes, right? So what exactly you wanted to prove? That there’s no link between the English word polemicist and the Greek word warrior?

As far warriors and duels are concerned. Both warrior and duel come from the word WAR. Check out your dictionary if you like. A warrior is someone skilled in battle. A duel is a “struggle for domination between two contending persons, groups or ideas”. What’s more, warriors can take part in formal duels if they like. Or can’t they? You wouldn’t forbid them, would you? ;) So, everything seems fine here :)

Jeiber: i thought i made myself clear last week. I just encourage you not to be thoughtless and too confident - it is the (so called) Reality that verifies human made definitions :) The imperfect language attemping to decribe the (so called) Reality is one thing. But the (so called) Reality is something else. We should therefore be very careful not walk into all the ambushes the imperfections of the language set.

I don’t think of myself as of a legend. Actually i’m just a modest non native-speaker who struggles to express her modest thoughts in a foreign language :) But it is true i’m recognized in some circles ;)

And as far as all those noogies, swirlies and throwing spirals you constantly mention is concerned; i see you’re sophisticated as always :) You can’t beat me in discussion so you’ve started using idiomatic expressions i don’t understand. It’s so funny. You must be desperate. If i understood you i’d write an answer and this is something you probably want to avoid :) Do you want me to believe that the fact English is your native tongue really is the only advantage you have in this intellectual sparring with me? How sad :(

Shotgun; there are two main types of victory in polemics. The victory of the 1st degree is when the opponent accepts your point of view. This i haven’t managed to achieve here. The victory of the 2nd degree is when you’ve presented your argument(s) and your opponent does not answer them. This is our case. Usually the one who’ve won can enjoy the winner’s satisfaction, however sometimes he also gets beaten by the defeated one ;) Since our duel took place on a virtual battleground i do not have to worry about the physical aspect of the victory :) So i’m left with the satisfaction orginating from the fact that i’ve managed to out-talk you all ;) Unless of course there is someone who wants to continue the sparring with me :) It’d be a peasure.... ;)

MC208B; you mentioned cookies; well, if you insist on awarding me with something then, to be honest, i’d prefer sushi. Let’s make a deal – one piece of sushi [ and i mean the fish – not you penises ;) ] from each of you, OK? ;)

Regards,

ying.

Mr2mk1g; you really surprised me. I didn't expect that anybody would ever admit what you have actually admitted. Your honesty is really someting. You have my respect. But i want to hear it from Unformed ;)

Sorry man - you misunderstand me.

You challenged Unformed to prove that skydivers are not suicidal.

I said "I'm not" [suicidal].

So there you have it: direct, written testimony from a reliable and credible source. You want proof, courts deal with proof - my testimony ought to carry some pretty good weight.

You could do well to look into parsing and relationship between the subject and object of a sentence. Breaking a sentence down into its syntactical components in such a way can be a powerful aid to proper comprehension. :P

"Oh pleazzzze, leave him out of here, good old Roddy! I love him and his rusty old voice ... Maggie... "

Och, he's great isn't he, Maggie May, an all time classic. And guess what, Old 'Rod the Prod' is getting married again! I digress though, sorry for the hijack, back to Maggie May...It almost never made it, it was a B-side to "Reason To Believe", it was just circumstance that allowed 'Maggie' to fulfill its own destiny. Did you know it was inspired by the woman who popped Rod's cherry? She has a lot to answer for, eh?

Maggie May isn't the best from that original album though, I reckon Maggie stands in the shade of Mandolin Wind, which is a far superior track IMHO. Mandolin Wind has a nice bluesy western blend, almost country, but not quite, very reminiscent of the era. If you need to compare the two tracks, I'd suggest you get hold of Rod's 'Unplugged and Seated' album, there are some great tunes, well rendered on that one. My favourites are Tom Traubert's Blues, Handbags and Gladrags, First Cut is the Deepest, and People Get Ready, plus of course the aforementioned Maggie, and Mandolin Wind, it makes a nice skipping stone across the pond that is Rod's career.

Ah but I digress, suicidal parachutists...well, I'm still alive so somebody is wrong....or I'm not very good at killing myself.

Rhubarb crumble with vanilla ice cream, but is a crumble really comparable to a pie, over to you MrM2?
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

ahhhhhh, not the crumble vs. pie debate again. You'll have the crumble rights brigade up in arms again and the pie control nuts all over us.

And once more, the Crimson Permanent Assurance sailed out of the mists and bore down on the hapless posters.

Shotgun; there are two main types of victory in polemics. The victory of the 1st degree is when the opponent accepts your point of view. This i haven’t managed to achieve here. The victory of the 2nd degree is when you’ve presented your argument(s) and your opponent does not answer them. This is our case. Usually the one who’ve won can enjoy the winner’s satisfaction, however sometimes he also gets beaten by the defeated one ;) Since our duel took place on a virtual battleground i do not have to worry about the physical aspect of the victory :) So i’m left with the satisfaction orginating from the fact that i’ve managed to out-talk you all ;) Unless of course there is someone who wants to continue the sparring with me :) It’d be a peasure.... ;)

Actually, this is more like the Monty Python skit (in the Holy Grail, I believe) where the two soldiers have a battle, and one of them gets his arms and legs chopped off, but doesn't quit fighting. Eventually, the other guy just gets tired of the bullshit and walks off.

You want to hear it from me? Alright, Mr2mk1g is not suicidal. There you go.

Speaking of reading comprehension, "one person's retarded rambling" does not imply that the person is retarded, it states that the rambling is retarded. Big difference. Of course, I'm sure we don't want to be bounded by grammatical rules either; you probably know better what I meant to say.
This ad space for sale.

And as far as all those noogies, swirlies and throwing spirals you constantly mention is concerned; i see you’re sophisticated as always :)

Noogies and swirlies are sophisticated in their own right! ;) I only brought them up once, BTW. :)
Why am I still here? Probably for a similar reason as you. I like pushing buttons - simple as that. I could break out a dictionary and thesaurus and weave masterpieces of phylosophical or literary art, but why should I? I have plenty of other ways of stimulating my mind - like trying to figure out women... sheesh! :S

I don’t think of myself as of a legend. Actually i’m just a modest non native-speaker who struggles to express her modest thoughts in a foreign language :) But it is true i’m recognized in some circles ;)

Modest? Hmmm. Look up 'patronizing' and see if that may be a little more applicable. [:/] That's cool that you have your own fan club though. I'm not really recognized in any circles, just the occassional line up.

You must be desperate. If i understood you i’d write an answer and this is something you probably want to avoid :) Do you want me to believe that the fact English is your native tongue really is the only advantage you have in this intellectual sparring with me? How sad :(

Only desperate for sex at the moment... it's been over a month now, and I think things are getting backed up. :( I digress on personal issues, sorry... You writing a response to my swirlie, noogie, and spiral comments may actually stir up some intellectual conversation in this rapidly deteriorating thread. Contrary to your belief, I would love nothing more than to get a response. Alas, you need to do your own research; after all, you don't want to be 'intellectually lazy' do you? :)
No offense, but I hardly consider this 'intellectual sparring', sorry.. A war of words is more like it... hence people quickly losing interest. [:/]

Jeff

ps- maybe you can try some U.S. based chat rooms on the Internet for your research. It's slang, so older generations may not 'get it'. Target college, or possibly high school oriented chat rooms for the best definition.

ying.

But arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. You may be a winner, but you'd still be a retard.

It has absolutely no relevance to anyone's daily life, but it may be entertaining. Still, to claim victory seems pretty bizarre to me.

But arguing on the internet is like winning the Special Olympics. You may be a winner, but you'd still be a retard.

Nice. Since when did the special Olympics have anything to do with mental development? I know it's a joke but MAN is it a bad one (for all sorts of reasons)

"Skydiving is a door"
Happythoughts

:D:D:D

Oh man... you're going to hell for that one! I'm probably right behind you for laughing though! :D:D:D

If there's something I lack it's taste. Ain't my quote to begin with and it illustrates quite well the futility of internet based 'polemic epic battles of massive intellects'.

And, technically, it ain't that wrong.

Special Olympics is an international organization dedicated to empowering individuals with intellectual disabilities...

From their official website. Maybe I'm crass for using a non PC term but life ain't Disney Land.

The comment isn't about the SO but rather a reflection of my views og yings self proclaimed victory.

The victory of the 2nd degree is when you’ve presented your argument(s) and your opponent does not answer them.

Funny you should mention that as you haven't replied to some pretty constructive posts in the Body Works thread. ;)

------------------------------------------------------
May Contain Nut traces......

"you haven't replied to some pretty constructive posts in the Body Works thread."

Some you win, some you lose?B|
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

If we were suicidal, we wouldn't wear parachutes.:|

I thought so as well until I saw the poll (http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1531355;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;guest=11369703) on the Bonfire...
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

If there's something I lack it's taste. Ain't my quote to begin with and it illustrates quite well the futility of internet based 'polemic epic battles of massive intellects'.

Ok, since Ying is taking so long to post, I'll respond to this message again.

Have you heard of Larry The Cable Guy? If he can get away with saying, 'That's funnier than a retard eatin' hot wings', then I think you're ok. Larry's done pretty well for himself, so the Big Guy upstairs must have some semblance of a sense of humor.... (I hope! :o)

Jeff

ps- what are we all doing in this handbasket, and why's it getting so hot in here?!

Mr2mk1g; i wrote: Unformed, be a man, admit that you are NOT able to prove, and so on. Your “No. I’m not.” seemed to be the answer to that.

Excuse me if this upsets you, but you are not a reliable source as far as your being suicidal or not is concerned – vide the Subconcious Factor i’ve written about in this thread.

Nacmacfeegle; Rod Stewart? Yeah, his contribution to the development of the (dead for years) Rock music and popularising the mullet hairuct are undeniable ;) But i guess i still prefer Leonard Cohen.

Jeiber; Noogies? Swirlies? Throwing spirals? Dear Jeiber, my answer to you might be that PENIS IS WALKING AROUND ME :) Now it’s your turn – try to find out what it means. Good luck :)

And the intellectual laziness, well, how many times do i have to explain it to you? Three times still haven’t been enough? Can’t you really grasp this simple-simple concept? Or can’t you? But perhaps you’ve made up your own definition of intellectual laziness. It’s your right to do so but if this is the case then the intellectual laziness you talk about won’t be the intellectual laziness i mentioned. And i guess that it was throwing my own argument back at me that you intended to do. If so, sorry, you’ve missed me again ;)

You say that i treat you all in codescended manner; i disagree – it’s your subjective opinion. Pehaps you’re not used to, as you put it, wars of words. Do you feel patronised everytime it turns out that someone sees things differently than yourself? Do you feel the superiority emanating from your interlocutor everytime he or she keeps politely arguing with you? I don’t consider myself anything better than my opponents. It’s a real pleasure to be here and exchange opinions with you. Internet is an incerdible tool – i am in Poland, you’re in America, and we can have a conversation. It’s great.

If i weren’t me, i could have lost my patience long time ago, call you all imaginationless primitives and leave this forum. But i like it here and i don’t think there’s anything wrong with your intelligence. You just haven’t overcome the thinking habits the society you live in had instilled in you. There isn’t anything wrong with that. I guess the right/ wrong cathegories don’t seem apropriate here at all. We’re just different. But such diversity is characteristic for the world we live in and it makes our converstation more interesting. Are those two paragraphs enough to make you doubt the adequacy of your judgment? ;)

You say that i dissect words until they lose their meaning; well, not exactly. I only dissect arguments but that’s what discussion is about. If your arguments aren’t dissection proof it means there’s something wrong with them. If they were OK they’d easily resist the hair-splitting test. But don’t forget you can always have your revenge and start to dissect what i say :)

And as far as being desperate about sex is concerned; one can rarely hear a man publicly admitting that. I didn’t suspect you of being so relaxed. First thought that came to my mind when i read your confession was that you must be good in bed. It’s probably a friend of mine’s fault. He’s used to suggesting his own ignorance in sex but he happens to be truly AMAZING in bed which means that a woman comes minimum once each time he makes love her. So Jeiber :)))))))))

About my fanclub; well, i didn’t say i have one. I just stated that i’m recognized in some circles. What i meant was for instance that some people seem to enjoy my retarded ramblings about suicides, the paradoxical quintessence of humanity, parachutes that actually don’t exist and the freefly’s Satanic aspect. By the way, the English version of this last subject is available in English on:

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1489414;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

And one last thing; would you deny that a war of words recquires the usage of one’s intellect? To be honest i can’t imagine an intelectless word-based confronation. Even exchanging swear-words and offensive phrases involves the intellect. So there’s no way for this sparring not to be intellectual, i’m affraid ;)

Unformed; i didn’t say you CALLED me retarded. I said you SUGGESTED i am. Will you deny that stating my posts are “retarded rambling” includes a strong suggestion that i’m retarded as well? Let’s analyse it to make sure :) Is it possible to do something retarded in a non-retarded state of mind? I seriously doubt it. This means that a person doing something retarded must be at least temporarily retarded, right? So in fact you say that i’m being retarded when i write my posts and this falls under a personal attack. If the above analysis still doesn’t convince you, let me ask – would it be OK if i said that you ACT like a brainless, testosterone posoned whimp who.... ah, never mind? Kindly note that it is NOT the same as saying that you actually ARE brainless, testosterone poisoned and so on, therefore according to your own logic you shouldn’t feel offended. And you DON’T, i presume? :)

Antidote; interesting approach :) Too bad you didn’t explain WHY arguing on the net is like winning the Special Olympics according to you. Do you realize that there are quite serious implications of assuming this type of logic? The border between arguing and exchanging opinions is blurred. Therefore we can say that if arguing on the net is like winning the Special Olympics then all Internet conversations also are. Your attitude is abstract for me. Afterall the Internet is just a tool and communicating through it is not very different from communicating with the use of telephones, cellphones or (rather unpopular recently) letters. What do you mean – that only retards use the Internet? Or perhaps you think that written dicussions are fake and that only face-to-face confrontations are serious? If so i disagree. Spoken discussions are of course very interesting and challenging but usually they’re also shallower since they make it difficult to deal with all, or even most, aspects of a problem in hand. Another negative factor is the fact that one has no time for thinking over the answer. What’s more, discussing face-to-face is effective only with a small number of participants while the Internet allows to confront many opponents at the same time. So what that there are delays. Don’t you think that in the end it is the quality and not the quickness of the reply that really matters in the Search For Truth? ;) It is quite possible that my understanding of your words is an overinterpretation so if you read this please develop those few lines you wrote last time and tell us what you meant.

To be honest, what we do here reminds me more of Dragonball fights than the Special Olympics. But then it’s just my personal association ;)

And claiming victory was a provocation on my part ;) For me, it’s all more about discussing itself than winning. But if you share Unformed’s view that thanks to what you wrote i’m like that limbless knight from the Monthy Python movie then perhaps we’ll ask some independent observers to establish who’s defeated whom here? ;)

Regards,

ying.