quade

Oh well . . . boys will be boys . . . whacha gonna do?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/12/11/school.evacuation.ap/index.html

So, how does one know the difference between a 14-year-old just " . . . doing stupid things." and Harris & Klebold?

How stupid can you get? Expecting $35 for something any chemistry nerd can make for $5. No wonder he had no buyers. Jeesh! Hope HE doesn't go into marketing.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

How stupid can you get? Expecting $35 for something any chemistry nerd can make for $5. No wonder he had no buyers. Jeesh! Hope HE doesn't go into marketing.

On the contrary- attempting that shows the makings of a great marketer, it's only his technique that needs refining until it actually works.:P

Look at that Tuna and kallend are agreeing :P

In restrospect, I'm surprised I made it through my teen years with all my fingers and both eyes intact... Maybe I'm a natural.

So . . . two sets of school authorities that can't tell the difference between innocence and mayhem.

While ejecting a kid for scissors is silly, just dismissing a pipe bomb as a silly school boy prank is, I think, pretty freekin' irresponsible.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

In restrospect, I'm surprised I made it through my teen years with all my fingers and both eyes intact... Maybe I'm a natural.

Today, I'm not sure a lot of people would have been allowed into college because of things no one bothered too much about 20 years ago.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

hehe... me too. My brother and I were always blowing stuff up. Dad put a stop to it when my bro attempted to shoot a potato out of the exhaust of a 66 mustang.

This probably was a kid just being dumb. However, the school should take it seriously to discourage any copycats. The administration who dealt with the kid with the scissors, though...that's just plain moronic.

Today, I'm not sure a lot of people would have been allowed into college because of things no one bothered too much about 20 years ago.

My school (private) gives scholarships to kids who demonstrate initiative, ingenuity and creativity.:)

hehe, I damn near got suspended for something very similar to that while I was at school. :)

Damn idiot friends selling stuff on... they were only supposed to take it home with them! >:(

People were a lot less sensative to this sort of thing back then though... and hell, that's not even that long ago.

Wonder if "pipe bomb" might actually mean "fire cracker" too.

raises hand

I've had discussions with several of my long time friends about how much jail time (and who'd show up at our funeral after an overzealous public servant shot one of us :|) we'd be doing if we were in jr high/high school/college now....

and some people think we arent losing freedom everyday...[:/]