TheAnvil

Check out Pic #2 - SARIN GAS

Everyone KNOWS there are no WMD's in Iraq.:P

I mean if there were WMD's then Bush would be right!

That looks like imported "throw down" sarin to me!:Splanted by fallujah freedom fighters to cause further divisiveness in our political system!:P

Right. There can't be evidence to support the existence of WMD now. They've already declared that there was none. So...it's not there. It's a set up. Anyone can see that. Come on! :S

It's my understanding that the items pictured are either test or antidote kits, not the actual stuff. :(

mh

It's my understanding that the items pictured are either test or antidote kits, not the actual stuff. :(

mh

I heard the same thing last week. Not the real deal - just test kits.

Makes you wonder why they need the test kits though.....
Scars remind us that the past is real

Most of the decon kits I've seen from other countries look a lot like ours (pic attached). Treated wipes to remove the agent from the skin.

I'm not going to say that it's NOT a decon kit...but I'm VERY interested in how this turns out....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

[replyMaybe because we and others have a history of selling that stuff to other countries in the region.

"Maybe" space aliens put it there...
Sure Kevin. If it's there, it has to be b/c we either sold it to them or planted it there ourselves. They already said that it wasn't there so it can't be. We've moved on from that, haven't we?

I wouldn't say it was decon kit.

I could see it being a training kit as the packet label state Sarin/soman and v gases i.e nerve agents.

Did the Iraqis train with live agents during the Iran/ Iraq war? Aside from whe they actually used them obviously. The UK (and I'm assuming the rest of NATO) has three colour detector paper that has a different reaction to nerve, blister and blood agents but I've not read the pamphlet in a while so the details escape me. It's conceivable that the vials are training stock that are left over from years ago.

There's a full NBC kit in my parents closet that's a left over from when I was in the reserves. No combopens or naps tablets but the rest of it is there.

David

[replyMaybe because we and others have a history of selling that stuff to other countries in the region.

"Maybe" space aliens put it there...
Sure Kevin. If it's there, it has to be b/c we either sold it to them or planted it there ourselves. They already said that it wasn't there so it can't be. We've moved on from that, haven't we?

Assuming for a moment that this isn't a hoax... Bush claims that the "insurgents" are coming in from elsewhere. Do you suppose they leave all their goodies at home? Wanna buy a bridge?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

They already said that it wasn't there so it can't be. We've moved on from that, haven't we?

I was addressing why there may be antidote in Iraq. I remember a store of antidote was found beginning of the war and everyone was screaming "SEE...THEY HAVE ANTIDOTE, SO THEY MUST HAVE CHEMICAL WEAPONS". It never occured to them that maybe they have the antidote for the same reason our soldiers do. In case someone else uses it against them.

Assuming for a moment that this isn't a hoax... Bush claims that the "insurgents" are coming in from elsewhere. Do you suppose they leave all their goodies at home?

Would seem pretty counterproductive to me. Why bring in exactly what we're looking for. That would completely legitimize our cause. I think the insurgent leadership is more intelligent than you give them credit for. If I was SH, I would have moved out everything to to with WMD to another country or buried it. I wouldn't want it there to be found after I'd declared that there were none.

Wanna buy a bridge?

Do you need to add insults to your post in order to strengthen the case you're trying to make?

you know how it will turn out.... It won't even make the evening news....

Sad but true.

If what is said above is correct - ie that these are simply training materials - this ISN'T news.

Or maybe we could have this on the 9 o'clock:

"News just in - troops in Iraq have found something that looked interesting but actually isn't at all. We cross over now to our correspondent in Iraq with more news on this shocking report. Jed."

"Thankyou Marcey. Troops today revealed they had found something, which at first looked interesting but in the end turned out to be nothing at all. Military experts confirmed earlier this afternoon that the soldiers had found nothing of any interest whatsoever. A Whitehouse official was contacted but was unavailable for any comment. An Pentagon official, who has asked not to be named, stated that this find was one of the most insignificant events of the conflict in Iraq and was bound to cause international apathy. Back to you Marcey.”