storm1977

SH - Ties to terror/Oil for food

SH ties to terrorist organizations...

More and more is coming out about the Oil for Food program. This is just the tip of the Iceberge.... Funny how the UN is not cooperating.

"Rather than giving allocations to traditional oil purchasers, Hussein gave oil allocations to foreign officials, journalists, and even terrorist entities, who then sold their allocations to the traditional oil companies in return for a sizable commission."

The reference to terrorist groups referred to evidence that the regime had allocated oil to such organizations as the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, and the Mujahadeen Khalq, a group seeking to overturn the government of Iran, Greenblatt said.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/11/15/food.for.oil.ap/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------
Sometimes it is more important to protect LIFE than Liberty

Clearly this is a bigger deal than many here made out of it originally. At the lowest level, it will uncover that the UN is shady and incompetent. At the highest level, it will explain, in part, why a select few governments did not want SH out of Iraq.

It will be interesting to see what the people who believe in the "infallible" UN have to say about it.
Oh, hello again!

That's not possible, the UN is a viable, vibrant, important organization which is held to the highest standards of conduct, makes good on enforcing its resolutions, assigning nations in good standing to important committees (human rights, child welfare). The UN worldwide is respected and feared by even the likes of DPRK, Iran and Sudan.

****PUKE!!!****

I couldn't even handle my own tongue-in-cheek assessment. Saddam filtered some $11B+ (the number will grow say some in Congress) through oil-for-food and the total dollar amount exceeds $50B (conservative estimate).
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Somehow they'll find a way to hang some non-descript person out to dry for this one. Either way, it suggests that the UN is a sham organization and the Security Council is corrupt beyond all imagination.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Personally I can't wait!!!

I want to see Kofi Annan(sp?) and his sone go down for this... I want to France and Germany and Russia take a hit for this. Heads should role....EVEN IF there proves to be some US involvement. I really don't expect there to be, but it isn't looking good for France right now!!!;)

so, how does this fit in with US money funneled to terrorist organizations? Or about the Bush family wealth ties to nazi germany? Or the US war on Iraq's aid your economy and businesses loyal to your president and his staff? Should heads roll for that too?

Let's see the source of this information.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

It's has all been discussed here before.

That provides credibility... :S
Make light!

It's has all been discussed here before.

Your funny...nice cop out..... where is the data?
Oh, so you are saying Bush is Like Hitler,
and as bad as or worse than SH..

Glad to see you are already up north.... I was about to
help fund your relocation. Oh well, I guess I can send the money to Michael Moore instead.

so, how does this fit in with US money funneled to terrorist organizations? Or about the Bush family wealth ties to nazi germany? Or the US war on Iraq's aid your economy and businesses loyal to your president and his staff? Should heads roll for that too?

But the world has already decided that the US is corrupt. True or not, it's irrelevent to the question of how corrupt and/or useless is the United Nations.

By trying to redirect, are you tacitly agreeing that the UN is a bozo outfit?

Ummmm ... I would think that what the investigation has uncovered so far has more credibility than the the opinions of DZ.commers in other threads.... yes.

I see a link, to what you guys dub "The Clinton News Network" whose credibility you have blasted numerous times talking about a probe into allegations.

Yeah, it's credible supposition. I just find it funny you guys post something that agrees with your opinion with nothing to back it up, and then when someone posts another situation you demand evidence.

I see a link, to what you guys dub "The Clinton News Network" whose credibility you have blasted numerous times talking about a probe into allegations.

Yeah, it's credible supposition. I just find it funny you guys post something that agrees with your opinion with nothing to back it up, and then when someone posts another situation you demand evidence.

Yes, but I quoted a Quote.... WOrds from the horses mouth, not altered by the Cover-up News Network.

Point being, that this is an issue being discussed a broad spectrum, opinions about which are discussed herein. All of which have as much credibility as we're willing to give. Many users on these boards (including me, and I suspect even you ;)) cite third party sources to bolster our own credibility.

Naturally, one's opinion about the UN is going to shape their opinion about oil-for-food. My opinion of the UN is no secret on these boards and I hope this scandal forces the world to reconsider the role the UN plays, if any, in the future.
Make light!

I want to France and Germany and Russia take a hit for this.

Heads are already rolling, my friend. Catch up...

it isn't looking good for France right now!!!

Maybe not, but it sure still looks brighter than the US. At least we're not stuck in Iraq, still trying to come up with laim ass excuses as to why we went there in the first place.
If we could get rid of the Ivory Coast thniggy though...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I want to France and Germany and Russia take a hit for this.

Heads are already rolling, my friend. Catch up...

it isn't looking good for France right now!!!

Maybe not, but it sure still looks brighter than the US. At least we're not stuck in Iraq, still trying to come up with laim ass excuses as to why we went there in the first place.
If we could get rid of the Ivory Coast thniggy though...

I happen to disagree with you in regards to Iraq... I don't think we are "Stuck" there. I think are reasons for going were more than enough, and the "Excuses" are all valid... Include a breach of the cease fire agreement.
I don't expect you to understand from an american perspective on why we needed to go there. I know many americans would disagree with me too, however, the European world view and the american world view are vastly different.

I don't expect you to understand from an american perspective on why we needed to go there.

I actually do see it from an American perspective. I happen to carry one of these cute little blue passports...;)

I know many americans would disagree with me too, however, the European world view and the american world view are vastly different.

I don't agree with this statement. I believe that SOME in Europe disagree with SOME Americans' view of the world. I wouldn't generalize that much.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

I actually do see it from an American perspective. I happen to carry one of these cute little blue passports...

Well, I still don't expect you to understand it from an american perspective anymore than I would a French if I visited there for a couple years..

You can take the boy out of France, but you can't take France out of the boy;)

You can take the boy out of France, but you can't take France out of the boy

That's very true. However, as a US citizen (and as a tax payer for over 15 years), I would like to think that my opinion on the matter is as valid as any other US citizen's opinion...