CanuckInUSA

GWB and Roe versus Wade

Once again, I agree completely. I've never knocked anyone up and don't plan to. I've had long term gf's on the pill and used a condom every time anyway for just that reason. And if somehow I did screw up, I'd want to go the adoption route.

This is what we call being against abortion but being for choice. When Kerry said that he was labeled a flip-flopper. Maybe you understand what it really means a little better?

>>How many unwanted children have you adopted? <<

Ditto, I believe all the protesters should spend their time and money better by adopting these unwanted childeren. however they probably do not want the burden either, they just want a reason to protest I feel the same way about green peace and all those other activists, they don't really care about the cause they just want to see their names in lights! MY $.02
so go on..... here it is, my opinon..... rip this up!

sure...adoption is an alternative in SOME cases, but not in all. there are times when the pregnancy will cost the mother her life.

Ahhh.. the life of the mother arguement. Can you tell me what % of abortions are carried out because to carry a child to term would kill the mother? Do you know many mother who wouldn't risk their own lives for the life of the child once it's born?

pregnancy can be the result of brutal rape. carrying that child to term can have SEVERE psychological effects on the mother. what would you say if you had a 12 or 13 year old daughter who was raped and became pregnant (this can and does happen unfortunately)

If you are asking me personally, I'd encourage my daughter to carry the baby to term and then decide whether she feel she can emotionally handle raising him or if she feels after giving birth that she would rather have someone else raise him. I don't understand this way of thinking that killing an unborn baby somehow does less psychcological damage to the mother. If anything, I'd think it would add to the trauma.

not all abortions are just because a child is "inconvenient" or a "mistake".

True, but most are.

If you are asking me personally, I'd encourage my daughter to carry the baby to term and then decide whether she feel she can emotionally handle raising him or if she feels after giving birth that she would rather have someone else raise him. I don't understand this way of thinking that killing an unborn baby somehow does less pschcological damage to the mother. If anything, I'd think it would add to the trauma.

ah, exactly...personally you would encourage your daughter to carry the baby to term...but by outlawing abortion, the government would make that choice for you and your daugher...no matter what...even if your daughter of one of those that the "life of the mother" argument could be used for

Black babies cost less:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/1027/p11s01-lifp.html

Adoption fees for healthy Caucasian babies can be as high as $40,000, according to the US Department of Health and Human Services. For biracial babies, the cost is about $18,000. For African-American newborns, it ranges from $10,000 to $12,000, agencies say.

>>How many unwanted children have you adopted? <<

Ditto, I believe all the protesters should spend their time and money better by adopting these unwanted childeren. however thay probably do not want the burden either, they just want a reason to protest I feel the same way about green peace and all those other activests, they don't realy care about the cause they just want to see their names in lights! MY $.02
so go on..... here it is, my opion..... rip this up!

Bring me the little 'burdens' I'll raise them.
Rape and incest is always the mantra of the pro-choice er I mean pro-abortion lobby. Less than .001% are in that category. Life of the mother: self defense is a basic right. Nearly all abortions are for the convenience of the mother. The best way to stop this; is to instill high morals in our children, the ones we haven't aborted already. It is the government's job to promote morals, notice I didn't say religion. A moral society is a just society.

Abortion Statistics - Decisions to Have an Abortion (U.S.)
25.5% of women deciding to have an abortion want to postpone childbearing.
21.3% of women cannot afford a baby.
14.1% of women have a relationship issue or their partner does not want a child.
12.2% of women are too young (their parents or others object to the pregnancy.)
10.8% of women feel a child will disrupt their education or career.
7.9% of women want no (more) children.
3.3% of women have an abortion due to a risk to fetal health.
2.8% of women have an abortion due to a risk to maternal health.
womensissues.about.com/cs/abortionstats/a/aaabortionstats.htm

-----------

It is the government's job to promote morals, notice I didn't say religion. A moral society is a just society.

Problem is, who decides on the universal moral that will be promoted by the government?

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Another US debate where the lines are drawn between the two extremes. How about some intelligent public discourse of where when what circumstances.

Why is this debate framed between morons who want to rights for zygotes and idiots who want to be able to deliver a kid no matter how late & slit it's throat on the way out?

Rape, deformities, child molestation and any number of additional factors play a role in my judgement here as it probably would for most Americans if they weren't constantly assaulted by meaningless buzzwords like pro-life and pro-choice. You can barely tell what you're advocating choosing either position here because each camp has it's share of nut jobs. Only a fool would jump into either bed considering the company.

Accusations and scaremongering around this issue are also misplaced. Bush has done one thing, ban partial birth abortion, and that's been overturned by the judiciary. Maybe it wouldn't be in future but that doesn't mean it would be open season on the law. This gets to the heart of the problem.

Here's a concept, how about we elect a bunch of people who get to make the decision instead of this ridiculous system where we try to filter judicial nominees (who time their retirements) based of how we think they'd interpret a 400 year old document that wasn't even written with a vague incling of the rights (or lack) of the unborn. I can think of few less democratic systems. Judicial checks is a useful thing, making it up as you go along is quite another.

Next time you think you're having an intelligent discussion just remember the context of your looney positions and the contrived constitutional/judicial setup in a supposedly democratic republic.

If you are asking me personally, I'd encourage my daughter to carry the baby to term and then decide whether she feel she can emotionally handle raising him or if she feels after giving birth that she would rather have someone else raise him. I don't understand this way of thinking that killing an unborn baby somehow does less pschcological damage to the mother. If anything, I'd think it would add to the trauma.

ah, exactly...personally you would encourage your daughter to carry the baby to term...but by outlawing abortion, the government would make that choice for you and your daugher...no matter what...even if your daughter of one of those that the "life of the mother" argument could be used for

I never advocated outlawing abortion. My advice to you is to read what people say instead of painting them with a broad brush. You will embarrass yourself less that way.