Gawain

Yasser Arafat in Coma

The fact that this terrorist has been treated as a diplomat by so many is just amazing. The families of the US charge d'affairs and ambassador that Arafat ordered beaten to death in Sudan along with all the families of the Israeli athletes murdered in Munich - among countless others - have a legitimate gripe with the French for keeping that sonofabitch alive. And with Bill Clinton as well for giving him legitimacy.

A special place in Hell is waiting for Mr. Arafat...right alongside Herr Hitler.

May his passing speed the peace process along.

B|
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

The fact that this terrorist has been treated as a diplomat by so many is just amazing

He's not treated as a diplomat. Like it or not, he is the only Middle East leader, at the exception of Sharon, who was democratically elected.

The families of the US charge d'affairs and ambassador that Arafat ordered beaten to death in Sudan along with all the families of the Israeli athletes murdered in Munich - among countless others - have a legitimate gripe with the French for keeping that sonofabitch alive.

I am sure that their pain is not being eased by this.
However, I would think that not too many doctors would (or should) refuse assistance on basis of what a person has done in the passed.
He is being kept alive (although he is brain dead, it seems), so as to finalize his burial place. Sharon is refusing to allow him to be burried in Jerusalem. According to religious customs, he has to be buried within 24 hours after the announcement of his death. Hence everyone is keeping the ripper at the door steps.
I'm sure the US would have obliged if it would have been someone like, hum.. let's say Ferdinand Marcos for exemple.

A special place in Hell is waiting for Mr. Arafat...right alongside Herr Hitler.

Based on a release by the WHite House, this is not the location President Bush wishes him to take.

May his passing speed the peace process along

I couldn't agree more.

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Last report I saw Arafat was brain dead but on life support. Reminds me of the Kerry campaign on election night.

Funniest thing I read was that the old crook may have taken the numbers to the Swiss bank accounts to his grave. That's another donation to the Swiss banker retirement fund. Apparently he wouldn't divulge the numbers even as he was getting on the helo to Jordan saying "I'm still alive, thank God, so don't worry".

Farewell and rest in hell Arafat.

You should read up on how this leader of terrorists was 'elected'.

Palistinian Elections
Doesn't look too bad. Certainly better than most countries. And definitely better than every middle eastern countries (at the exception of Israel)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

The story is here (AP article) -- http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,137554,00.html.

I think his death is at hand, and am curious about this sudden deterioration in health.

I, for one, will not shed one tear for this man - a horrific figure at best. The implications for the PLO are obviously huge. I believe that more "extreme" members will take control and hope it will become less effective as a result. Hopefully, other Palestinians will observe the same thing and the peace efforts can be renewed with a new face.

NA-NA-NA-NA
NA-NA-NA-NA
HEY-HEY-HEY
GOOD-BYE

Jah, you're undoubtedly correct. The attitude of the Israelis wrt the Fat has been "better the devil you know"....wonder where it will go with the fearless leader out of the picture.

mh

My opinion, is that he did die. Muslim law says that he has to be buried within 24 hours. The French realized this and retracted the statement because of the contraversay of where to bury him. They are just trying to avoid a riot of the radicals.
Just my $.02

How do ya like it Johnny?

My opinion, is that he did die. Muslim law says that he has to be buried within 24 hours. The French realized this and retracted the statement because of the contraversay of where to bury him. They are just trying to avoid a riot of the radicals.
Just my $.02

He is still in a coma. His family would probably have unplugged him if it wasn't for the burial issue. The French never reported his death; the Prime Minister of Luxemburg (!) did, then retracted. It seems to be a foregone conclusion that he is as good as dead. But he is indeed kept alive until the burial matter is solved. And although the burial site will not affect France at all, it will certainly have short terms repercussion in Israel and Palestine. Quite a smart move to wait, I think.

According to sources in the Middle East, Arafat was known for his wild sex escapades when he was young. The medical doctors treating him have ruled out a lot of things, but according to some websites knowledgeable about the subject Arafat possibly has AIDS based on some deductive reasoning but this will never be admitted by the PLO and will be covered up to the utmost if it's true according to the same sources.

Chris

According to sources in the Middle East, Arafat was know for his wild sex escapades when he was young. The medical doctors treating him have ruled out a lot of things, but according to some websites knowledgeable about the subject Arafat possibly has AIDS based on some deductive reasoning but this will never be admitted by the PLO and will be covered up to the utmost if it's true according to the same sources.

Chris

It's fairly well known Arafat is a bi-sexual. My guess is he has contracted AIDs.