tunaplanet

2004 Presidential Election Thread

Hey Tuna, have you seen your buddy Dan Rather tonight? He seems to be sweating a lot...

I'm more curious where PK is. Funny that he got quiet all of a sudden.

It's nearly 2am by him and he needs to get up for work in the morning??

Naaaah. It's a late bloomer is all.

Dallas county is largely unaccounted for in the current figures. Dallas county is highly republican.

I'll call Iowa for GWB as of now.

Did you check the latest on NV?
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

The Secretary State of Ohio was just on CNN. He said there could be 200-250k provisional votes and military votes left to be counted. Due to laws he will not have them counted until 11 days from Nov 3rd.

They said there will be roughly 600k votes outstanding that will not have been counted by the end of the night in Ohio. If the race is within 13k votes Ohio law requires an automatic recount.

Hey Mailin - now you should believe those votes get counted.

Hey Tuna, have you seen your buddy Dan Rather tonight? He seems to be sweating a lot...

Perhaps this has something to do with it:

Yeah, I know it's not even a good indicator. Just gives me a good feeling. I said in the other thread, just judging by what's going on outside my window I'm calling for Kerry decisively with Bush conceding tonight. Turn out is huge and that is hugely in his favor.

No need. Kerry will win, in a landslide, period. There's no doubt about it.

Not looking good for Bush, though. Kerry taking NJ, guesses are that he has OH, and I'm sure he'll get PA. Even with FL, Bush would need to steal some blue states to win.

I'm more curious where PK is. Funny that he got quiet all of a sudden.

Thats my point!
Do the dems want to take the high road and TRY to help re-unite the country? Or do they want to kick, scream, and sue?
The high road may set the stage for 2008.

I see - so since the race is close kerry should just give up. Remind me to play cards with you someday.

Iowa Secretary of State just announced due to technical problems with voting machines that broke down, they cannot make a final report until tomorrow.

Unless Bush takes four more states we cannot have a winner tonight.

So New Mexico's 5 EVs wouldn't push GWB over the top?

Nevada is still in play, as is Wisconsin.

I just did the math and it can go both ways still. New Mexico could have to wait as well due to provisional votes. It depends on how wide the current popular vote is at the end of the night. They were just talking that NM has the most liberal provisional vote policy. I'm about ready to head to bed because it's looking like nothing will be called tonight.

It would push him over the top according to FOX.

Because they have called Ohio for Bush. They are not taking into account the provisional ballots per the Secretary of State from Ohio's request.

CNN is one of the few networks playing it safe and not calling OH or IA. Wolf Blitzer is doing a great job!

No,
What I am saying is, do the right thing for the country. With the amount Kerry would have to make up it is HIGHLY unlikely he would, or even come close to the amount for that matter.
Expecting Kerry to do the right thing is wishful thinking.
This is not a mandate by historical standards, but compared to 2000, it is a mandate.
I expect kicking and screaming in the new Michael Moore tradition, more than Kerry manning up and doing what is best to help the country.
And, I'd love to play cards with you sometime, daddy needs a new pair of shoes!! Bring it on!!

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

Weren't you one of the people bitching about the electoral college last time? Are you going to say we should decide close elections on the popular vote again this year?

Ohio belongs to Bush.
New Mexico belongs to Bush.

As far as I can see, Bush has won with 274 electoral votes, with 22 still out.
(10 leaning Kerry, 7 leaning Bush, and 5 truly up in the air)

The only states that are still out are Wisconsin, Iowa, and Nevada.

I now declare it over. I'm going to finish my tea and relax in the
broken in/down recliner. B|
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Damn Tuna, you should have seen Rather last night, discussing about Ohio, just when there was about 98% tally on the votes, showed 140K votes over skerry, and Ed Bradley was telling him that the Republicans considered the state won, since, for logic conclusion, about 106K votes being pending to be voted, it should have been considered enough to close it....Danny boy was :so what are you saying? what do you mean? can you explain this?.....just funny as hell.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Weren't you one of the people bitching about the electoral college last time? Are you going to say we should decide close elections on the popular vote again this year?

At least it would be over by now and we'd all be in bed.
Hey, that's a thought! 1 man = 1 vote:o
Ah, nah! Too far fetched. No democratic enough:S

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Funny thing - I see forcing religious and pious rhetoric down the throat of the populace as a boot in the face. Matter of perspective huh?

What has that got to do with the many people for whom the issue of redefining marriage has nothing to do with religion?

As for ramming it down the throat of the populace, this started with you lamenting the decision of the populace in ten states. You know all those inconvenient "unpatriotic" voters you were bitching about earlier.

Back to the subject at hand, CBS is really holding out desperately now, you can see them willing a protracted legal battle into view. Looks like Kerry won't concede and Bush may make an acceptance speech before the Kerry concession. Edwards is vowing to 'fight for every vote', as if it's a noble calling, sigh.

New Mexico seems to be the only genuinely close state with a few thousand in it rather than tens or hundreds of thousands of votes at the current count and it could go anywhere.

Ohio has almost 100% of the precincts counted and there's about 145,000 votes in it, about a 3% spread. Don't see how you can interpret that into anything but a win for Bush even with intangibles like provisionals etc, but they still won't call it. Getting clear they're holding out in anticipation of shenanigans.

I have been watching CBS just for the kick of watching DR just sweat it. He sounded like an imbecile when Ed Bradley was basically explaining him how it very much seem skerry would loose Ohio.:D:D:D