cloudseeker2001

Iraq....what a freak'n mess!

Here's one example. Feel free to do your own checking for more.

Iraq is a marshmellow in the area, there is no POWER in the middle east unless WE make them! Would you show everyone your hand in Poker and still bet? The PREZ (as you call him), has a much longer agenda than many of you think. The losses that we may take, if any, are well calculated. The Iraqi's will sit down in a heartbeat knowing this IS FREEDOM! They only stand by this ASSHOLE because of the consiquences of NOT doing so!

Emphasis mine.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=359039#359039

----

Well, here's another.

Make no mistake about it.. Iraqi soldiers will be running to our troops with white flags again yelling WE HATE SADDHAM!!!! GET HIM OUT!! lol

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=358864#358864

Where in the hell do you get "they'll greet us with flowers and it will be over in a month" out of, "Iraqi's will sit down in a heartbeat knowing this IS FREEDOM!"??????????????????????

Like I said. Nice try. Keep them coming. It's like a skeet shoot in here. You keep throwing them up, I'll keep shooting them down.

Have any more?

Forty-two

For the most part its not the Irqi citizenry doing all the blowing things up. Terrorists from all over have come to Iraq in an attempt to surpress the formation of a free society. They understand more of what's at risk than we do.

Were you aware that over 75% of the people in the military support W? Why do you suppose that is? If it really was all that bad I'd imagine they be pushing for a regime change right here at home.

Problem is the media...good news doesn't sell well for them.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Whatever, you're being obtuse. That exact phrase might not have been stated but the sentiment was. There were many posts from people talking about how it was going to be easy and that the Iraqi population would rise up to join our side. Hell, the administration had as much in their pre-war plans.

Search Bonfire

Checked it twice. Looks like your comment in the earlier post was false. Nowhere has anyone on here said that.

Nice try though.

It was your favorite female:

“When we go to Iraq, they’re going to be throwing flowers at us and waving American flags.”, Ann Coulter, Feb. 2003

And

"We will be greeted as liberators," Dick Cheney

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

For the most part its not the Irqi citizenry doing all the blowing things up. Terrorists from all over have come to Iraq in an attempt to surpress the formation of a free society. They understand more of what's at risk than we do.

Really? Are you using a crystal ball or tarot cards? Either way, it's false.

"The enemy is becoming more sophisticated," Myers said. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has blamed "a combination of terrorists, former regime elements and criminals" for the continuing violence.

The defense official described a country where a fearful citizenry doesn't fully accept the concepts of Western law and order and remains unwilling to take their future into their own hands, where police are often corrupt and the security forces are "heavily infiltrated" by insurgents.

In some cases, members of the Iraqi security services have developed sympathies and contacts with the guerrillas; in other cases, infiltrators were sent to join the groups, the official said.

The official pointed to a mortar attack Tuesday on an Iraqi National Guard compound near Baghdad as a probable inside job. The attackers apparently knew precisely when and where the unit's members were gathering and dropped mortar rounds in the middle of their formation. At least four Iraqis were killed and 80 wounded.

U.S. military analysts foresee little chance of the insurgency evaporating during the next few years, the official said. Attacks have increased by about 25% since the beginning of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month that began last weekend, with most of the attacks car bombs and strikes on civilians, rather than direct assaults on U.S. forces.

Yet a great deal of the country's violence is criminal in nature, the official said, estimating that 80% of violent acts are committed by criminals, not insurgents.

The official blamed much of the criminal violence on 90,000 people Saddam freed from his jails in the last days of his regime. Many of those criminals are available as contract guerillas — performing bombings and kidnappings for insurgents for money.

Of the rest of the violence, 80% is thought to be committed by Iraqis — not foreigners — acting out of nationalistic or Islamic extremist motivations, the official said.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-10-21-insurgents-cash_x.htm

That exact phrase might not have been stated but the sentiment was.

Not what you said. Here, I'll quote you again. You said that a dz.com poster said, "they'll greet us with flowers and it will be over in a month".

Skeet shooting is indeed a blast.

Any more?

Forty-two

>You said that a dz.com poster said, "they'll greet us with flowers and it
>will be over in a month".

I believe everyone but you understood that sentiment to mean that they would welcome us as liberators and hence the war would end quickly.

I believe everyone but you understood that sentiment to mean that they would welcome us as liberators and hence the war would end quickly.

Yeah, so that's why when I asked PK to post a link to where someone on these forums said that exact quote he responded, "Search Bonfire, it was before you arrived on the forums."

It's no big deal. My entire point was to point and call out those who make false quotes and claims which seem to be a regular thing here as of late.

Forty-two

First of all, I never claimed it was an exact quote.

Sure you did. Go back and read.

I'm pretty sure your point was to try and embarass me

My point was to call out all these people who quote things incorrect and make false claims, which I did once again in this case.

was to try and embarass me, which you try to do quite often and only succeed in embarassing yourself.

Really? Are you using a crystal ball or tarot cards? Either way, it's false.

Ok, this is starting to turn into one of those ridiculous, "Am too/Am not" conversations. I'm going to bail and let you argue with yourself. Have fun. Peace.

Forty-two

It was your favorite female:

PhillyMan said it was a dz.com poster.

"We will be greeted as liberators," Dick Cheney

There were many that did greet them as liberators.

PK wrote:
"All the people now saying "what did you expect, war is tough" are the same ones who were saying "they'll greet us with flowers and it will be over in a month".

Where does he say they have to be dz.commers?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Doesn't anyone remember the use of shoes to hit SH's picture? And this was at a time when reprisals by SH loyalists was quite a real possibility.

The Iraqi population became more discontent when the infrastructure could not be fixed so quickly after decades of neglect.

What Arab country has a history of experience with freedom?

Neville Chamberlain - the new poster boy for liberal peace activists.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

buried in some of the United Nation's own confidential documents, clues can be seen that underscore the possibility of just such a Saddam-Al Qaeda link — clues leading to a locked door in this Swiss lakeside resort. Next to that door, a festive sign spells out in gold letters under a green flag that this is the office of MIGA, the Malaysian Swiss Gulf and African Chamber (search). Registered here 20 years ago as a society to promote business between the Gulf States and Asia, Europe and Africa, MIGA is a company that the United Nations and the U.S. government says has served as a hub of Al Qaeda finance: A terrorist chamber of commerce.

Saddam Hussein's Support for International Terrorism

Iraq is one of seven countries that have been designated by the Secretary of State as state sponsors of international terrorism. UNSCR 687 prohibits Saddam Hussein from committing or supporting terrorism, or allowing terrorist organizations to operate in Iraq. Saddam continues to violate these UNSCR provisions.

In 1993, the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS) directed and pursued an attempt to assassinate, through the use of a powerful car bomb, former U.S. President George Bush and the Emir of Kuwait. Kuwaiti authorities thwarted the terrorist plot and arrested 16 suspects, led by two Iraqi nationals.

Iraq shelters terrorist groups including the Mujahedin-e-Khalq Organization (MKO), which has used terrorist violence against Iran and in the 1970s was responsible for killing several U.S. military personnel and U.S. civilians.

Iraq shelters several prominent Palestinian terrorist organizations in Baghdad, including the Palestine Liberation Front (PLF), which is known for aerial attacks against Israel and is headed by Abu Abbas, who carried out the 1985 hijacking of the cruise ship Achille Lauro and murdered U.S. citizen Leon Klinghoffer.

Iraq shelters the Abu Nidal Organization, an international terrorist organization that has carried out terrorist attacks in twenty countries, killing or injuring almost 900 people. Targets have included the United States and several other Western nations. Each of these groups have offices in Baghdad and receive training, logistical assistance, and financial aid from the government of Iraq.

In April 2002, Saddam Hussein increased from $10,000 to $25,000 the money offered to families of Palestinian suicide/homicide bombers. The rules for rewarding suicide/homicide bombers are strict and insist that only someone who blows himself up with a belt of explosives gets the full payment. Payments are made on a strict scale, with different amounts for wounds, disablement, death as a "martyr" and $25,000 for a suicide bomber. Mahmoud Besharat, a representative on the West Bank who is handing out to families the money from Saddam, said, "You would have to ask President Saddam why he is being so generous. But he is a revolutionary and he wants this distinguished struggle, the intifada, to continue."

Former Iraqi military officers have described a highly secret terrorist training facility in Iraq known as Salman Pak, where both Iraqis and non-Iraqi Arabs receive training on hijacking planes and trains, planting explosives in cities, sabotage, and assassinations.

What I find most distrubing is how many good americans don't seem to have the cojones to see this war through. To me its all about your attitude. I see this as the beginning of great change for the entire world. Will it be difficult? Good things usually are.

Thank you, what is your reference?

And all this I thought SH was content with just terrorizing his own countrymen. :o
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

What I find most distrubing is how many good americans don't seem to have the cojones to see this war through. To me its all about your attitude. I see this as the beginning of great change for the entire world. Will it be difficult? Good things usually are.

What is really disturbing is how the decision process to prosecute the war was wrested from the Army general staff who have the experience and training to produce results with minimal losses. Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz can be blamed for this as well as other neo-conservative hawks within the current administration. They ignored crucial evidence and warnings of a humanitarian disaster. The Bush, Clinton, and Bush administration's economic sanctions did little to thwart Saddam's policies of terror against Israel, the Kurds, and Iran, but they did serve to cripple the middle class and whip the poor into an extremist fury. It was folly to think that they would welcome us in Iraq, and the Army general staff expected exactly what our soldiers encountered. I would imagine that morale among the Army general staff is poor these days. I wanted to vomit when I heard Bush in the news say that Rumsfeld is doing a superb job.