JohnRich

Ban Lazer Tag!

The US gov't likes to have alot of control over the private lives of its citizens.

The US also seems to have a lot of citizens who have both the desire and the resources to take limits past their logical boundaries, so that new laws end up being made; either through lawsuits (leading to stuff like kids getting expelled for saying "bang") or through violating social contracts (which leads to things like the NPS banning jumps from El Cap because they couldn't respect the property).

Unfortunately for the rest of us.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Jeffery, you know fuck all about Europe except what your parents have told you or you have read in the press.
For 99% of the people life is tranquilo an they don't have to worry about walking down the street at night time
I imagine you are a second or third gen, Polac from embitterd parents
Jeez I just hope this gets through to your thick skull
WE ARE HUMAN WE MAKE MISTAKES .WE DON'T NEED YOU TO REMIND US

Insulting my:
-knowledge
-Polish heritage
-background
-parents
-intelligence

all in one post!

When a moderator bans you for this post, are you going to be blaming me? :S

I think you've earned a ban. I haven't been the subject of such insult in any three posts by any three people who can't stand me here. You are WAY over the line.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I don't understand why our government went from being civil servants to civil evil dictators

Why? Because we permit it.

-
Jim

I think that's bullshit.

I don't "permit it."

But there is only so much resisting it that any given individual can do short of actually rising up in rebellion against his government.

Really; apart from voting against people who are abusive of power, and apart from sending letters and phone calls to elected representatives, what can the average person do to fight against oppressive laws and oppressive government actions?

Once a politician is in office, he can decide to either respond to the expressed desires of his constituents or not. You could theoretically vote for, and elect, a guy who says he's pro-choice and anti-gun, and he might decide to change his mind after election and go against everything he ever promised you. He goes and makes some laws that are opposite of why you voted for him. Did you bring that on yourself? Does that happen because you "tolerate" it?

This is why I feel that we are actually rather powerless to control things politically.

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

"Insulting my:
-knowledge
-Polish heritage
-background
-parents
-intelligence "

Yeah, its really not fair to insult your Polish heritage, background, or parents, everything else should be fair game though.;)
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

Hi guy's and Lady

I was going to try and say something funny or silly to lighten the tone but some of you guy's are doing such a good job of it why bother.

Please continue, I find this whole thread very entertaining in a sick way.:S:o:)
R.I.P.

Jeffery, you know fuck all about Europe except what your parents have told you or you have read in the press.
For 99% of the people life is tranquilo an they don't have to worry about walking down the street at night time
I imagine you are a second or third gen, Polac from embitterd parents
Jeez I just hope this gets through to your thick skull
WE ARE HUMAN WE MAKE MISTAKES .WE DON'T NEED YOU TO REMIND US

Insulting my:
-knowledge
-Polish heritage
-background
-parents
-intelligence

all in one post!

When a moderator bans you for this post, are you going to be blaming me? :S

I think you've earned a ban. I haven't been the subject of such insult in any three posts by any three people who can't stand me here. You are WAY over the line.

-Jeffrey

Excuse me I did not insult your parents or your polish heritage (background)

From your name and age it would be fair to conclude that you are second or third generation American
Your bitterness came from somewhere and in my experience a lot of people escaping Europe in the late 30's
early 40's left with a lot of bitterness, This bitterness can and is sometimes passed down the generations.

Your constant attacks on the Europeans (British, French and Germans) leave you open to be attacked
by the aforesaid people.

I was and shall remain to be in the future very careful not to insult you directly as this is not allowed.
Any person that reads a newspaper or other source of articles and takes it to be gospel, In my opinion
is not a knowledgeable person or a intelligent person A Troll maybe depending on the circumstances

So If you feel insulted over my wording of your parentage or your cultural back ground for that I apologize
and for that alone.

Gone fishing