quade

Surprize. Surprize. Surprize. Golly. Shezam!

Like they were ambivalent and undecided this far in the election?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/14/bush.nra.ap/index.html

Has anyone other than the "usual suspects" visited the NRA web site in the last month or two or listened to NRA radio? Egads! I thought they already had endorced him months ago.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I believe they were waiting for the "assault" weapons ban to sunset before they made it official.

Really? Wasn't that weeks ago?

Maybe they had been waiting until the last debate was over to see what GWB had to say about the AWB.

Personally I thought his answers on that question were a bit smarmy. He could -say- he was for it and would sign it, but all the while he had this smirk saying he had cut a backroom deal that it was never going to have get to his desk anyway -- kind of a cake and eat it too smirk. Which, btw, was kinda of interesting since that's exactly what some of the pro-gun folks on this web site had also said months ago.
quade -

Like they were ambivalent and undecided this far in the election?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/10/14/bush.nra.ap/index.html

Has anyone other than the "usual suspects" visited the NRA web site in the last month or two or listened to NRA radio? Egads! I thought they already had endorced him months ago.

Bush may be a problem, but a pair of lawyers is anything but a solution.

We had not endorsed Bush previously. We were, of course, appalled by the choice of Kerry as his opponent (though not surprised that it should be someone of his ilk).

but all the while he had this smirk saying he had cut a backroom deal that it was never going to have get to his desk anyway -- kind of a cake and eat it too smirk. Which, btw, was kinda of interesting since that's exactly what some of the pro-gun folks on this web site had also said months ago.

Since when you have become a smirk reader?:P Or yet this is just one more conspiracy theory from the Left:S:S:S
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Body language and facial expressions are valuable tools in deciphering whether or not somebody is being totally honest.

If you watched that section of the debate and can honestly say he -didn't- have a smirk on his face, then, well, I just don't know what to say.

I have it on DVD if needed.
quade -

Body language and facial expressions are valuable tools in deciphering whether or not somebody is being totally honest.

Where does that leave Kerry then? The biggest thing I noticed he was missing on his day at the debates was a facial expression. :P
Take me, I am the drug; take me, I am hallucinogenic.
-Salvador Dali

Ha! I'll give him that one. I don't even have to be a poker player to know that I can't read what's behind those droopy eyes of his. ;)

So is he bluffing or playing a good hand?
-Salvador Dali

So is he bluffing or playing a good hand?

I think he's playing the hand he's been dealt -- just like GWB, only GWB has far more "tells".

I certainly know which I'd rather have on my side in negotiations.
quade -

Perhaps Kerry is the better poker player

He's not looking like that. He is what he showed. Selfsecure. His expression is excellent. Such a man will be accepted everywhere. He will put "all of the others in his pocket".

BTW: His 'long' face is remarkable. Just watch our formular I champ M. Schumacher and his face: It's well known that faces with a remarkable chin mostly belong to very successfull people. They succeed.
Kerry will, too.

Hope so. :)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I have it on DVD if needed.

Dog, get help.

I couldn't sit through a single one of those silly things. You recorded it so you could watch it over and over?

The only part of the debate I liked was when Kerry started talking about Cheney's gay daughter. That was cool. It would have been cooler if they had asked about race relations and he had responded by referring to Bush's "Negro" cabinet members.

Anyhow, I almost never click links, is the NRA doing anything new?

You recorded it so you could watch it over and over?

I recorded it so that I'd have it for future reference. I'll probably never watch it unless; there is some issue that comes to light at some future point, like one of the candidates breaks a promise or goes back on his word OR if I ever get hired again as a news and entertainment consultant and that sort of thing comes up . . . so, it IS kinda work related in a wierd way. And, please remember, I'm a geek. ;)
quade -

BTW: His 'long' face is remarkable. Just watch our formular I champ M. Schumacher and his face: It's well known that faces with a remarkable chin mostly belong to very successfull people. They succeed.
Kerry will, too.

:S:S:SAnd you would have thought that the "race science" was all but death.:|It seems that you have kept quite a past in your present:|

A person more sucessfull, just because they have a remarkable chin. Don't really know if to laugh about it or just watch out.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

>A person more sucessfull, just because they have a remarkable chin.
>Don't really know if to laugh about it or just watch out.

Yep. I find it funny when conservatives go on and on about his tan or his hair or whatever; seems like there are more important issues in this election.

Yep. I find it funny when conservatives go on and on about his tan or his hair or whatever

Or the fact that he could win a Herman Munster look-a-like contest

As crazy as it seems that people would find appearances so distracting or enthralling, there was some discussion in the post-debate wrapup about the power appearance has on voters. You've seen that in the upcoming election with discussion over Kerry's tan and long face, the way Bush smirked through the first debate and leaned on the podium. It is said that Nixon's appearance during his 1960 debate with John Kennedy played a key role in his loss. He looked sickly and run down due to weight loss, was seen wiping perspiration from his forehead often, and the freshly painted backdrop had dried to a color matching his suit. Radio listeners overwhelming thought Nixon won the election, while TV viewers felt Kennedy took it.

Though it seems to be a small factor, I think both candidates recognized the importance of their appearance as a factor which may help sway votes.
-Salvador Dali

And you would have thought that the "race science" was all but death.:|It seems that you have kept quite a past in your present

"...you would have thought..."
What do you know about my thoughts, little brother?

What am I supposed to understand with "race science"?

Hey, and when when did we meet in my past?
I do not remember you [:/]

Somewhat weird :(

A person more sucessfull, just because they have a remarkable chin. Don't really know if to laugh about it or just watch out.

Remarkable chins. Do a search somewhere or ask your medicine man. It's not my invention, that faces "do tell a lot about their owners". That's general scholarship.

To know that, it only needs to read a little bit?
Or to talk?

In your regards, I do not see any further need to comment anything. But feel free to post whatever you like.

My above questions in fact do not require any reply. Not from you.

B|

dudeist skydiver # 3105