headoverheels

How many gaffs?

I want to hear Bush say something about Kerry debating himself or about Kerry not saying anything to rebut.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

This is the first one, with pretty deep restrictions. Odds are decent they'll make no errors in this one given all the prep time.

Let a body of citizens in to ask questions at random and it would be a different story.

Bingo.

On the other hand, any gaffs that DO come up will be worth double because it means that whatever candidate screwed up isn't smart enough to read the Teleprompter.

Elvisio "making other plans for the evening" Rodriguez

On the other hand, any gaffs that DO come up will be worth double because it means that whatever candidate screwed up isn't smart enough to read the Teleprompter.

I think for tonight each guy has ten 90 second speeches that he rehearsed all week. To get to where they are today, each can handle that with ease.

The rebuttals, otoh, offer more potential for fun. Those are reheased too, but if they veer off to taylor the answer to what was actually being said (unlikely), might stumble.

I'm going to Tivo the thing and whip through it later.

I'm no Bush fan but that was just a normal everyday screw up. If I had to hear about wrong war and wrong time one more time I thought I would scream.

I thought Bush closed better than Kerry did but I thought overall Kerry did better. It was interesting how when the white light came on Bush seemed to focus and get on message after wandering aroung for a minute or so.

"Truth is tough. It will not break, like a bubble, at a touch; nay, you may kick it about all day like a football, and it will be round and full at evening."
-- Oliver Wendell Holmes