Deuce

Which family would you rather marry in to?

I'da started this in bonfire, but it should only take one or two posts before it turns into a bash, so I'll save a greenie the trouble of moving it.

I was looking at some photos of the Kerry girls and the Bush twins, and it ocurred to me that I think I would be happier marrying in to one family much more than the other.

I think this is one of the intangibles that will break more for one candidate than the other. Getting elected has nothing to do with conservative voters like me, or liberal voters like the BillVon, but the "undecided" folks in the middle.

I think most folks in the middle would rather have the Bush family in their living rooms than the Kerrys.

Yeah, I guess that kind of does it for me.

What is funny in the Kerry house?

Anybody who has been around me for any length of time at all knows that I love to laugh, and make folks laugh. I don't think I could make the Kerry family laugh.

My wife works for our County library, so I know enough about librarians that I could at least get a smile out of the Mrs.

Yeah, it's easy to say that the Bush's would laugh at the misfortune caused by Halliburtinisms, but I think that is disingenuous.

I just don't think the Kerry's would belly-laugh at my stories about OCS. I think the Bushittos would.

No question, Q.

But I wonder what the reaction would be of either family of a pump in the bathtub to water roses with greywater.

I think the Bushes would think it was neat, and I think the Kerry's would think it was third world.

I, for one, think it's astoundingly neat.

But don't you think Kerry's daughters are hotte***
Boy, we really have to spell it out, don't we? The key word is TWINS;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

But don't you think Kerry's daughters are hotter?

Hmmm, I think the Bush twins are hotter.

So, lemme see . . . which family . . .

Get into either and you get to fool around at Yale in Skull and Bones (which I think would be cool), so that's a wash.

The Bush family has a -much- longer and wider sphere of geo-political influence though. Kerry is neuvo-politic. Bush is -old school-.

Ok, this is gonna surprise some folks, but I think I'd go with the Bush family just because I think I'd have a shot at being king of the world someday. Of course, I'd be the black sheep of the family.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Kerry's daughter has a fine pair of TWINS.

S O L D !!!!!!!!:)

. . . "Anybody but Bush"***

Your signature would explain your preference for Kerry's "Twins"...;)

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

With the way Bush treated me (and his own staff!) when I met him (he was speaking at my school when he was seeking the republican nomination the first time around), I would never allow the man in my living room. He was demanding and rude. Wasn't so much what he said as how he said it. Orders rather than requests, even for a glass of water. >:(

>But I wonder what the reaction would be of either family of a pump in
>the bathtub to water roses with greywater.

>I, for one, think it's astoundingly neat.

Thanks, but I think you run smack into the basic definitons of liberal vs conservative on that one:

lib·er·al ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lbr-l, lbrl)
adj.

1. Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
2.Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.
3. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

con·ser·va·tive ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-sûrv-tv)
adj.

1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.

A greywater system is far from traditional; in fact, it's a relatively new (and somewhat bizarre) idea. Wastewater on the lemon trees? Isn't that unsanitary? And George, what the HELL is that thing doing in our new tub?? We're having company tonight! What will Mrs. Cheney say?

Hey, Bill, I started to PM you about my intentions in this thread, but stopped.

You have the only residential greywater system I have ever seen, and I have more respect for you for being a "put up or shut up" kind of guy than I can express. Your "do as I do" lifestyle is just the apogee of personal consistency.

That said, I think the Kerry's would be far more likely to turn their nose up at putting their bathwater in their yard than the Bush's. I think the old definitions of "conservative" and "liberal" are not that relevant to politics.

I think all ecologists are pretty conservative. By definition.

But don't you think Kerry's daughters are hotter?

Uh, no.

(Oh and quit stalking me, you weirdo. )

I was in front of you. Can you stalk someone from ahead of them?

:P
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

The Bush twins are definitely partiers. It would be like hanging out with Ted Kennedy and see what chicks you could pick up.

The Kerry girls seem like the prototype political kids who love dad and would provide a proper, wholesome relationship. Who needs that? :ph34r:

I'd rather spend a week in Cancun with the Bush girls partying and playing.

>I think the old definitions of "conservative" and "liberal" are not that relevant to politics.

That may be - but do you really think that by the dictionary definitions, Bush is liberal and Kerry is conservative? Bush impresses me as being for traditional values far more than Kerry.