rehmwa

Kerry the great white hunter

hunting deer with a shotgun, thats bordering on the illegal.

Not in many states in America. In fact, many states specify that *only* a shotgun may be used for deer hunting, because they want to limit the range of the projectiles which miss their target. Rifle bullets travel "too far".

I killed my first deer with a Remington model 1100, semi-auto, shotgun, with a 30 inch barrell and firing 3 inch magnum 000-buckshot. He made the fatal mistake of trying to cross the road I was watching. :)

Like John said, there is a big difference between hunting deer her ein the states and hunting red deer (a smaller, different species of animal) in the UK. There's a reason you guys came up with the ghille suits while the Germans perfected optics and we wildcatted cartridges.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Maybe you'd like the entire quote:

After his successful round of trapshooting Saturday (Kerry hit 17 of 25 targets), Kerry told a reporter he would rather have been hunting.

He was asked in the interview Sunday what kind of hunting he preferred.

“Probably I’d have to say deer. It’s tough, depending on where you are,” said Kerry.

“I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them. You know, you kind of play the wind. That’s hunting,” said Kerry, whose manner was relaxed as he spoke on the final day of an excursion along the scenic upper Mississippi that he seemed to take some relish in.

“I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach. I track and move and decoy and play games and try to outsmart them.

Try to outsmart them?
& people say GWB's lacking intelligence. :D:P

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

Maybe you'd like the entire quote:

After his successful round of trapshooting Saturday (Kerry hit 17 of 25 targets), ....

He dropped 7 targets and that's considered SUCCESSFUL? Maybe if he was shooting a Skeet gun at International Trap, or was stuck using a .410 I could see it, but with the Citori he was packing, using even the cheapest WalMart 7 1/2s, that's a pretty poor showing.

My ex-girlfriend was doing that well on her second or third outing with an ill-fitting 870TB.

It figures that he's a Democrat. Whenever you have a politician that turns a plane into a hole in the ground (or fish bait) because he can't keep the wings level, dollars to donuts it's a Democrat. It makes sense that one can barely figure out which way to point his trusty stackbarrel.

Blue skies,

Winsor

They call it a successful round because he put on a show for the gun vote. It sure wasn't successful in terms of busted clays.

(it wasn't successful with gun voters, either, but hey, since when does reality affect what a 'journalist' writes?)
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

Dropped could mean shattered, and 17 becomes 7 very easily on a keyboard. Justa thought. :P

Either way, you'd think a man who can afford that shotgun could afford trap and skeet lessons.
witty subliminal message
1*

After his successful round of trapshooting Saturday (Kerry hit 17 of 25 targets), ....

He dropped 7 targets and that's considered SUCCESSFUL?

25-17=8
Just a thought ...

Yeah, I'm good at math but not arithmetic.

When scattergunning you're expected to hit them, and one only notes the ones that got away.

I don't usually have to consider what corresponds to more than one or two missed, and dropping EIGHT is new ground.

Anyway, he's a Democrat so he doesn't really matter.

Blue skies,

Winsor

I've tried to outsmart the squirrels that used to steal seed from the birdfeeder. Never was able to do it 100%. Good thing I'm not president.

You've limited your own options, bill.

For a long time, I was in your shoes. I couldn't stop squirrels from stealing my mom's birdseed. Then Sandy (my dog) finally caught one, and we realized they were a threat to her (diseases and whatnot), so I expanded my options.

"I've got opposable thumbs damnit, I can beat them!!"

Three weeks of target practice, and suddenly there were no more mind games between me and the squirrels. B|

If a hunter can't outsmart a deer using all his options, well, then I'm afraid Darwin's theories no longer apply.
witty subliminal message
1*