kmcguffee

Fairenheit 9/11 review

Well, I wouldn't be surprised, I mean, this guy did write a book disparaging Mother Theresa, the most wicked evil does ever.

I just printed out the article, and have not seen the movie either, but I give mad props to Hitchens. He was on staff at The Nation, and was fired for having the courage of his convictions, is an avowed confrontationist yet has no agenda, was/is a rabid and fearless progressive commentator . But he had some sort of epiphany about 10 years ago, and completely challenged and changed his views on foreign policy,counterterrorism, humanity, etc. I have not read his Mother Theresa bit, but I have read a lot of his work, and I have learned a lot from the guy. He is one of the few journalists who has actually inspired me to try and be a better American. MM is not. He's a punk with an agenda.

What I meant about proof was this.
Here is one example.
I have heard people even on these forums that say BFC was full of crap. One person said the whole thing with getting a rifle if you open an account was bull shit. I did some research on line and it was not. He even made it very clear what type of account you had too open to get a rifle.

Basically he offers facts not just opinions, but most who argue agents him are lacking facts. I have in no way made up my mind as who is wrong and who is right. I am just stating an observation.

You apparently missed all the clarifying posts regarding that bank account / rifle deal.

It is not that the bank does not give away a rifle if you open a certain kind of account with at least X number of dollars deposited.

It is that Moore depicted himself as though a typical customer could walk in, plunk down money, fill out some paperwork (Moore glosses over the background checks and the fact that any customer doing this deal has to pass FBI/BATF checks), and walk out of the bank right then and there with a rifle. Moore also does not clarify exactly what would be so bad about that even if it were true! The bank does not give out ammunition, and I doubt someone would stand by if a customer brought his own ammunition, got the rifle, and proceeded to load it so that he could do mischief. (For one thing, why would someone who wanted to rob the place, who could obviously pass a gun-purchase background check, go to the bank and first have to acquire the gun through them, rather than pass the background check elsewhere and go there with his own gun?)

The reality is that Moore's acquisition of the gun was arranged in advance of the shooting of the scene for the movie. Typical customers would receive credit for the gun at another location and would have to select and obtain the rifle there -- they would NOT be handed a rifle at the bank, which does not keep them in inventory for dispensing to new account holders.

Glad I could clear this up for you. Michael Moore IS a deceitful, disingenuous shit who doesn't have any scruples about twisting the truth to advance his agenda.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

Okay, I gotta ask... Moore haters and lovers alike...

If you were a muslim extremist somewhere, would this film make you want to go out and kill some Americans? Would it make you feel more justified in doing so?

Be honest... do you think that this film will make it easier for the extremists to justify their actions?

Not that I'd give Moore THAT much credit, but with the publicity in the media, I'm sure there are many many angry arabs wanting to see it.
Oh, hello again!

Okay, I gotta ask... Moore haters and lovers alike...

If you were a muslim extremist somewhere, would this film make you want to go out and kill some Americans? Would it make you feel more justified in doing so?

Perhaps, it would. But then the next question is: How would you feel as an American if the terrorists could control what you do or say?

Wayne

Due the hot button political nature of this film, I get to work an off-duty detail tonight standing IN the theater. I get to sit (stand) through two wonderful screenings of this film. I guess I'll give my two cents after I see it.
I'm sure someone (from the left, most likely) will have a smart ass comment on me being there.
Due to the A-politcal nature of my job while working, I guess I'll just let my face get red while watching Mr. Moore spout and whine.
Just like when I work protests, I'll keep saying to myself "go to your happy place, go to your happy place"....................... :S

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

As an American, I'd avoid deliberately giving the terrorists additional fuel for the fire. I'd avoid letting them get the warm fuzzy feeling that they just might be justified in attacking the US. I'd avoid letting them know that through their actions, people in the US are becoming divided. THAT's what they want, and we're already giving it to them.
Oh, hello again!

I'd avoid letting them know that through their actions, people in the US are becoming divided. THAT's what they want, and we're already giving it to them.

:S They're not dividing us. We Are. If anything bin lodin united us. We were more united as a nation after 9/11 than we've been in a very long time. Deceit and lies are dividing us, not the "enemy."
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Well, we probably wouldn't have too much to be divided about in this regard without the terrorist actions in the first place. So yeah, it is dividing us. Just as the beheadings are designed to divide the US from other nations. Just like the terrorists getting their voices on the news telling us how they'll kill us all is designed to make some of us want to leave and some want to kick their asses.

Anyway, I want people to really think about the question: If you were an extremist, would seeing this movie make you more likely to do something against the US? Would it encourage you? Be honest.
Oh, hello again!

None of his films have been documentaries..... They
are not factually based.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Academy seems to think they are documentaries. BFC was the 2002 winner of best DOCUMENTARY according to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

and how much of that award was politically driven?

I'm not so sure 'documentraries' should be 'staging' scenes...there is a difference between a recreation on an event to clarify discrepancies and a fictional scene created to bring across a particular point.

Which one does MM make more use of in his films?

As an American, I'd avoid deliberately giving the terrorists additional fuel for the fire. I'd avoid letting them get the warm fuzzy feeling that they just might be justified in attacking the US. I'd avoid letting them know that through their actions, people in the US are becoming divided. THAT's what they want, and we're already giving it to them.

Interesting argument, and one of the key arguments against starting the Iraq war in the first place.

The terrorists don't like a lot of things about us. They don't like our support for Israel, they don't like our support for democracies in the Middle East, they just don't like our own internal freedoms as the President rightly says.

To waver in any of these things, just because it would avoid "giving them what they want" would be to allow them to control or at least influence our actions.

Disclaimer: I have not yet seen this film (have you?).

Wayne

Here's the reviews the good old UNBIASED Beeb collected:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/talking_point/3839041.stm

The following comments reflect the balance of opinion we have received so far:

America is more interested in the Michael Jackson abuse or some other current scandal than real news about our country. If anything, this movie will hopefully get people to do some research themselves and find out what is true and not true. The Bush team has put out so much dis-information and the old technique of bait and switch that it all becomes confusing to know what is real and not real. If the rest of the world can see Bush's record and his lies to the world community then hopefully America will be able to as well come election day, or God help us all.
Zach, Seattle, USA

Just saw Fahrenheit 9/11.It was a very good movie! I recommend everyone go seeing! I think it was very truthful! The only lies are lies that the Bush Admin spread. Before 9/11 Bush Admin said: Iraq doesn't have WMD and after 9/11 they said Iraq does have WMD!
Donnie Bright, Kent, WA

I saw the movie this morning. I read most of the information in the news but by putting it all in one place, connecting all the dots and by all of the controversy being created I am hoping more people will get hold of the facts, check them out for themselves and come to their own conclusions. The more people that have the most factual information the better we as a country will be come November.
Charles E, New Jersey, USA

Have to admit that the movie is actually well made. Question still persists - does it speak to the facts or is it entirely biased? That will continue to be a topic of debate.
Vikrant K, Houston, Texas

At the end, although inspired, I felt so sad for the people whose lives have been destroyed

Chris Edmonds, Walnut Creek

My partner and I went to see the film at the Metreon, in San Francisco, last night. We'd bought tickets for the 12.01am showing, as we wanted to see the very first showing in the Bay Area. We arrived at the theatre at about 11.15pm, and the atmosphere was utterly festive! This was more party than late-night-movie-showing. As it turned out, the 12.01am showing sold out (1000+ seats?), so two more theatres were opened for showings at 12.05am and 12.20am. Personally, I thought the film very sad, and hardly propagandistic. Moore is presenting his side of the debate through a series of images, building from the election of 2000 through the current butchery in Iraq; and, as the movie goes forward, the tension and sadness sort of mount, in parallel. At the end, although inspired, I felt so sad for the people whose lives have been destroyed by this criminal regime; but, perhaps more important, I felt almost hopeless, really, because it really seems as if the corruption is so deep that it can never be uprooted. We've lost our country.
Chris Edmonds, Walnut Creek, California

I saw the first showing of the film available to me and was blown away by the power of it. I was already aware of most all of the facts the movie presented, and I found that the most moving parts of the film where the times when Moore let the words of American soldiers and their loved ones speak for themselves. Even though Moore expresses his opinion a great deal in the film, it is truly a documentary with a strong focus on what has happened to average people in both the US and in Iraq. I advise everyone to see this film. And one more slightly unconnected point: I hope everyone sees the irony of this film being distributed by Lion's Gate Films - a Canadian company. Thank you Canada for doing what so many Americans were afraid to do.
Anna Phillips, Lafayette, CA, USA

Mr Moore should be able to express himself in any way he likes

Tonya, Toronto

I am looking forward to seeing this movie. I realize the Michael Moore takes facts and bends them to portray his point of view. But it is after all, his film. While I did not agree with everything in the films Roger and Me and Bowling for Columbine, I did find many of the facts portrayed to ring true. The Bush Administration has been trying to eliminate all negative press concerning his party and himself since taking office. Mr Moore should be able to express himself in any way he likes. That's the wonderful thing about living in democratic countries that allow free speech. Isn't that why Mr Bush and his administration claim to have chosen to invade Iraq in the first place?
Tonya, Toronto, Canada

It never ceases to amaze me how people can comment and criticize what they have not seen. Many of the respondents filed their remarks before the film even opened. I guess no one has ever accused them of having an open mind. I intend to watch the film and then establish my viewpoint.
Jeffrey, Indiana, USA

In reading through these comments I was startled at the number of people who state with 100% certainty that this film contains falsehoods. Of those, not even one gave an example or any analysis beyond calling Michael Moore a liar. I wish it had been that easy exposing the lies that led to the Iraq war.
Mike, Boulder, USA

The movie was biased and mostly one-sided. However, Mr Moore has the right to air his views and speak his mind, which most of my fellow Americans seem to forget.
Louis, Miami, FL, USA

He will only be preaching to the choir that oppose Bush. I will not be seeing this movie simply because it is packed with outright lies. I would like to see Moore get sued but Bush will probably just ignore him. He will not sway anyone's thinking.
Todd, Virginia, USA

Slanted? Yes, it expresses his opinion and he's entitled. I'm also seeing more and more Kerry bumper stickers.
Gale, San Diego, USA

Even if his film was any good I would not see it

Chris Benge, Vancouver

Michael Moore is such an pretentious self seeking bore that even if his film was any good I would not see it because of my revulsion of him.
Chris Benge, Vancouver, Canada

Truth always hurts. All those people who detest Mr Moore are completely unaware of America's foreign policies and are the slaves of media. This movie uncovers the truth. America always had strong ties with Saudi Arabia because of its wealth and 9/11 was premeditated and Mr Bush was well aware of it. It was a perfect excuse for him to attack Afghanistan and then later Iraq.
Talha, Toronto

I don't get you guys. The Bush family relationship with the Saudi Royal family is well established and public record. Everyone who pays attention to such things has always known this. What, because Michael Moore says it, it's all of a sudden not true? How bizarre. Bush could say the sky was green and you guys would back him.
Bob, America

This movie was made to make people more aware of the behind the scenes activities. I appreciate Moore's perspective, and information. Biased or not, the facts are still facts, no matter how they are presented.
Teresa, Houston, Texas

It appears that this movie is doing exactly what Mr Moore wanted: creating dialogue. This is the richest debate our country has seen regarding the decisions of this administration. Believing Mr Moore isn't the issue - American policy, the system of government, and election processes are. Thanks to Mr Moore for giving us the space and the impetus to have a discussion in a critical election year.
Robyn, Bethlehem, USA

What's truly sad is how many people in the general public and media give Moore a free pass for demagoguery. While he acknowledges it to be entertainment, he presents material as irrefutable facts. Just because Moore is polemical from the opposite direction (vs Fox News) doesn't make his film noble, informative, or accurate. He is a disservice to those with legitimate objections and criticism of this flawed administration.
Guy, USA

While I found Roger and Me to be a provocative piece of work, it was the distorted Bowling for Columbine that showed Mr Moore's true colours. I haven't seen F 9/11 and don't know if I will, but if the trailers are any indication, Mr Moore's erratic slide to the left has continued.
Angelo Morata, Chicago, USA

Although perhaps not 100% factually accurate, Mr Moore's documentary is a must see for every American as well as the international viewer. The bottom line is not whether Mr Moore is right or wrong, but the fact it will kick start the needed debate on change in American leadership.
Axel, Washington DC

He carefully chooses the facts that best serve the story he wishes to tell

Jon, San Francisco

I'm going to see the movie tonight with an open mind. Anyone who knows Michael Moore's work knows that he carefully chooses the facts that best serve the story he wishes to tell. That doesn't mean that there are not other facts that would tell a different story. I do not believe that he lies or tells deliberate falsehoods. He's just economical with the truth. But, can the same be said of President Bush? Ultimately, what does more harm? A film directory who distorts the truth, or a President who distorts the truth? I think that the world is currently seeing the results of the latter.
Jon, San Francisco, US (ex-UK)

It's a must see for all Americans, and the world too

Pugsley, Cleveland, Ohio
I saw it last night at a midnight screening. All I can say is this is a powerful film. People who claim Moore is a liar and a bad filmmaker obviously haven't seen the film. Bush is his own worst enemy in this one. 85% of the film is video footage of the President making false claims, telling lies to the public, showing his love for the wealthy Saudis, and generally being a complete pompous ass. The film is touching, funny at times and heart wrenching. It's a must see for all Americans, and the world too.
Pugsley, Cleveland, Ohio

The movie is slanted, but in the opposite direction of much of the "news" programming available in the US. At least it is humorous, to some extent. It also brings up some scary stuff, such as the fact that many bills which are passed are not even read completely by the lawmakers passing them. It does make one stop and think.
Zay Hartigan, Patagonia, USA

I will see it tonight, in a sold-out cinema. I can hardly wait to feel even more disenchantment and outrage than I already do.
John MacGinnis, Berkeley, CA, USA

While I remain undecided whether I'll see Mr Moore's film, I defend his right to have it shown in theatres. What are Republicans so afraid of in this movie that they would resort to such vehement tactics to discredit it?
John, Crestwood, Kentucky

The movie is really distorted and biased

John, Detroit, Michigan
I saw the film and I am staunch Kerry supporter. However, I have to be honest; the movie is really distorted and biased. Moore could have made the same film about John Kerry, Tony Blair, or Jacques Chirac and made them all look like corrupt idiots. I don't like Bush, but he is not the person Moore made him out to be. People who want to hate the US or Bush will believe whatever is presented to them true or untrue to justify their hatred.
John, Detroit, Michigan

I've been a fan of Mr Moore's films and books for some time. I'm looking forward to seeing his latest work. You either love him or hate him. Pro-Bush Americans are always going to say he spreads lies. What Mr Moore is trying to do is open the eyes of these American's to the fact that the Bush administration has brainwashed them into thinking everything is "A Okay", when Bush has ruined this once great country.
Josh, Brit living in Tacoma, USA

I have booked my ticket for next week in advance. A common criticism of Moore is that his work falls short of journalistic standards and for that reason should be discounted. The problem with this argument is that Moore is not a journalist and by his own admission doesn't make 'news'. He is a film-maker and opinion-peddler who uses established fact in such a way as to articulate his viewpoint. The significance of this film lies in the connection of its message with the majority of ordinary Americans, not in the infallibility of what's being presented, or lack thereof. Moore's film will encourage reflection and debate and is worthy of seeing if only because it acts as a counter to the rose-tinted war presented to us by the American mainstream media, which is too often patriotic at the expense of cold, raw reality.
Matthew, Santa Monica, California

I can't wait until tonight when I see this movie! My hope is that people here in the USA will see what fools the Bush group is making of them.
Dee, Seattle, USA

It has no deeper meaning than just being entertainment, Moore's works lack journalistic integrity. Unfortunately the delivery of news through most media has become entertainment, the entertainment of the bias of the recipient.
Lisa, San Francisco, Republic of California

When will we stop trying to establish sympathetic governments only to have to remove them years later?

Demian, NY, USA
Mr Moore's movie serves to "straighten out" the "crooked barrel of snakes" that the Iraq war has become. This administration has played on our post 9/11 fears to accomplish an as yet undetermined foreign policy objective. I say undetermined because it changes depending on the day of the week. When will we ever learn to take responsibility? More importantly, when will we stop trying to establish sympathetic governments only to have to remove them years later?
Demian, NY, USA

This movie is another nail in the coffin of liberalism in America. The number of distortions of facts and pure collages is mind boggling. I would not waste money watching it.
Sam, New York

Moore lies, Moore propaganda. That is all I can say after having watched this so-called documentary.
George, New York City, USA

If Moore's intentions are truly patriotic, in that he has true concerns for the direction the USA if headed, and he is doing his best to be honest with this film then I admire, respect and applaud him. If he is slanting or withholding facts to suit a bias or political agenda, or worse simply for financial gain, then I hate and despise his film and his intentions. What is it Michael? I plan to see the film tomorrow. I'll finalise my judgement then.
Jason, Detroit, USA

Regardless of political perspective, this is an entertaining movie. It should not, however, be viewed as an accurate documentary but rather as pure propaganda. Most Americans have already made up their mind about Michael Moore and I don't see this as impacting the election. If you hate Bush you'll think it's all true. If not, you'll think its just more hot air from a discredited demagogue. Worth the price of admission and a bucket of popcorn if you ask me.
Duncan, New Jersey, USA

It won't make or break the upcoming elections in any way

Ryan Crockett, Chicago, USA
This is just a movie, it won't make or break the upcoming elections in any way. Mr Moore has a well-known history of making leftist propaganda pieces, so I don't think that the film will have the "shock value" for Americans that many Europeans have noted. We're already familiar with Mr Moore's character assassination squad from his previous films. My advice: Go see "Shrek 2" instead...
Ryan Crockett, Chicago, USA

Mr Moore is a gifted filmmaker, though his "documentaries" are more shill for the left, than anything. Nothing he's done has been unbiased, or varied in its view. Anti-gun, anti-Republican, and anti corporation. If it walks, talks, and smells like a Democrat, it usually is.
Brian, NYC, USA

I'm going to wait for the DVD. Even though I think Moore is vile and dishonest, I enjoy the antics of his films.
John, USA

Fahrenheit 9/11 is nothing more than the personal view of Michael Moore. He is entitled to his personal views, but the film is nothing more than a piece of political propaganda and should be treated as such! I thought a documentary presented an "objective" opinion.
J.S. Dixon, Granby, CT, USA

Awesome film! It's time to bring the real criminals to justice. Instead of doing the real job of identifying and helping to reign in the Al-Qaeda threat, Mr Bush has put the world in more danger than before through this illegal and poorly executed war in Iraq.
Dave, Irvine, CA, USA

Nice try and good luck next time Michael Moore

Brian Quinn, Pittsburgh, USA
I had the opportunity to watch this film and it had the direct opposite effect on me than Michael Moore's intention. Any semi-intelligent human being can see that his movie is 100 percent biased. If he could have provided a more even-handed approach then it could have had made the impression that he wanted. However, he misses the mark with his obvious hatred. Nice try and good luck next time Michael Moore.
Brian Quinn, Pittsburgh, USA

I have only seen the trailers at the moment. It does appear to show political corruption in high places and ineptitude at the highest place. Despite being given an "M" rating it is a film all must see. Why? Because it will make one think. It will really do the job of what the press should be doing; asking questions, something that is sadly lacking. We have a tabloid type mentality i.e. the Clinton-Lewinsky affair. That happened years ago. What is happening now, is depicted in Michael Moore's film. See it and decide!
Mike, Brisbane, Australia

The movie is what I expected: lies and liberal propaganda. Michael Moore represents the radical left and is widely unpopular here in USA, that is why Disney would not show his movie, out of fear of backlash from American consumers.
Will, Palm Beach, Florida

Of course this movie is propaganda, but that doesn't mean that it is false

Nicole, Hillsborough, California
The movie is funny, sad and moving. Don't miss it. Any American who thinks George W Bush is a great leader needs to explain why he just sat there in the Florida classroom biting his lip after hearing about the attack on the US. I hope that young Americans are smarter than Britney Spears when she states in the movie "we should just trust him"(GWB). Why? Give me just one good reason.

GW Bush is happy to be part of the elite "my base" sending off young poor people to die. For what? Do not say freedom because you are fooling yourself if you do. I think that the Republicans have controlled our media long enough. Of course this movie is propaganda, but that doesn't mean that it is false. Time to fight back and to get back our country!
Nicole, Hillsborough, California

I saw the film tonight (9:40 p.m., June 25). Only 2 theatres in Boston are showing it - hardly appropriate for the number of people wanting to see it. It was sold out 3 days in advance. The hardest hitting elements of this film to me are the compilation of file-footage video clips of Bush. I don't think Moore has to be untruthful to make the case that Bush is unpresidential - when Bush does that very well himself. Clearly this technique is effective because the republicans are using strong-arm tactics to discredit the film-maker and prevent it from being seen. This film will prevent Bush's re-election - walking out of the theatre I noticed how much debate it sparked. I wish that Moore will release the rest of the material that he has compiled.
Paul, Boston, MA

It is high time that a bit of reality was seen by the American public. We can not rely on our television news sources, our daily newspapers, and certainly not the Bush administration for the whole truth. Thank you, Michael Moore. See this movie and bring a friend with you!
Ransom Baldasare, Austin, TX USA

There are important historical images and stories in this film that I can't believe I've never seen in the news

Gray, Dallas, Texas
Just saw the film and can't believe how slanted the American media has become. There are important historical images and stories in this film that I can't believe I've never seen in the news. Not to give anything away, but the first twenty minutes really opened my eyes. The facts are there. It's hard to deny. Thank you Michael Moore for stirring political debate in this country in hope that our future leaders aren't as inept and incompetent as both the Republican and Democratic leaders clearly are today.
Gray, Dallas, Texas

Those complaining of "bias", "lies" and "propaganda" are holding Moore to a higher standard then the Bush Administration. Why are you holding a filmmaker (who has never claimed to be neutral) to a higher standard than the president?
Carolyn, Menlo Park, California

I saw it in Cannes. Nothing new and nothing original. Everybody knows that Bush has less intelligence than a brick.
Pedro Sere, Brussels, Belgium

I saw Fahrenheit 9-11 today. Don't believe the claim that one person made here, that Michael Moore is 'widely unpopular in America'. That couldn't be further from the truth. The movie is sold out all across America. People are thirsty for the truth. We can't get it from our government. Thankfully we have Mr. Moore to help us wade our way through the mess that Bush has made. The movie is brilliant, powerful and mind-numbing with the facts. Every person who says they truly care about America should see this film. It's not full of lies. It's full of the truth. I can see why it would be hard for a Bush supporter to see this film. If they see it, they will have to admit they were wrong about him.
Renee Humphrey, San Diego, CA. USA

I watched this film and it has confirmed my belief that as a society, Americans are clueless at times. If people spent as much time reading and comparing information as they do watching reality T.V., our political sector wouldn't be in the current state we find it in. America needs to stop putting these public service officials on pedestals and start holding them accountable for their actions. I am not just talking of Bush either. Washington needs new blood injected into both parties, but we need to start with the thieves in the current administration.
Darrel Gilliard, Hoboken, NJ

I can't believe that critics are still debating if the movie is good or not. The fact is that if the information in the movie is correct, there is nothing more to talk about. Do the relationships between the Bin Laden and the Bush exist? Are all the corporate corrupted links a true story? There were times when I wanted to throw up. The human cost of the lies told for the benefit of an elite group is disgusting. This is a call for everyone with a conscience to stand and demand that we are heard.
Steven, Brooklyn, USA

I haven't seen the movie and probably won't get a chance to see it. You see in South Dakota (Republican stronghold) the movie conglomerates have decided not to show the film. The reason they gave was that it is a documentary film and documentary films do not do as well as films like "Spiderman". They claim that there was no politics behind the decision. I find it interesting that the film was given an "R" rating and that conservative groups are trying to stop advertisements for it claiming that showing Bush in the ads makes it a political campaign advertisement!!!
Pete, South Dakota, USA

Michael Moore is a true national treasure! We need more muck-rakers like him! I only hope this film will open some eyes here in the USA in time for the election on November 2nd. Anyone seeing the film can't help but wonder what Bush was thinking on Sept. 11 as he sat in that elementary school classroom for 7 minutes before the Secret Service insisted he leave!
Daniel Nero, Los Angeles USA

Comments around me were a mixed bag of surprise, anger, incredulousness and grief

Kathy, USA
Just got back from seeing it. Sad is the first word that comes to mind. Angry is the second. Comments around me were a mixed bag of surprise, anger, incredulousness and grief. I think the movie expresses a lot of what people are feeling. Worth seeing.
Kathy, USA

In terms of whether or not Mr. Moore distorts the facts, people will see what they want to see. I thought it is an extremely well made film. The matinee showing that I attended was packed, and people applauded after the film was complete, which I rarely see.
J, VA, USA

Enjoy,

Mike.

Taking the piss out of the FrenchAmericans since before it was fashionable.

Prenait la pisse hors du FrançaisCanadiens méridionaux puisqu'avant lui à la mode.

So now that the movie is in wide distribution, and it seems like "everyone" is seeing it...

...what of Moore's self-promoting bullshit story that Disney "yanked" support for distributing it?

Remember that? How indignant he was about allegedly being blindsided by Disney's withdrawal? Remember how it came out that Disney had made clear a year prior that it would not distribute the film?

This is the Michael Moore that people should be aware of: the lying, self-promoting, truth-shirking one, who doesn't care how disingenuous and dishonest he has to be in order to get people to align against the people and politicians he doesn't like.

-
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

So now that the movie is in wide distribution, and it seems like "everyone" is seeing it...

...what of Moore's self-promoting bullshit story that Disney "yanked" support for distributing it?

Remember that? How indignant he was about allegedly being blindsided by Disney's withdrawal? Remember how it came out that Disney had made clear a year prior that it would not distribute the film?

This is the Michael Moore that people should be aware of: the lying, self-promoting, truth-shirking one, who doesn't care how disingenuous and dishonest he has to be in order to get people to align against the people and politicians he doesn't like.

-

Why do you expect him to be much different than the people the movie is about? Bush and Cheney have no hesitation in lying when it suits their purpose.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I saw the movie while working a detail inside the theater.
People are going to see what they want to see.
Mr. Moore asked alot of questions and implied many things, but provided few hard facts.
This was in no way a documentary, it was one sided political commentary.
It was funny in some spots, like the infiltration of the peace group in Fresno, that part was cleverly done.

One person came up to me and said, "what are you here for, to intimidate us liberals"? I wasn't going anywhere near that comment while working. I just laughed and told him due to the emotionally charged nature of the film the theatre hired us to prevent any problems.

"Just 'cause I'm simple, don't mean I'm stewpid!"

"what are you here for, to intimidate us liberals"

lol, there was a girl from UT who swore that her college professor was an FBI agent just monitoring the liberal college students. She believed if any stepped out of line he would start investigating them. What are you libs teaching kids these days!?

As far as F9/11, I'm sure that it will be seen at many a terrorist training camp (maybe a field trip to the movies:)
Whether they want to believe it or not, the libs provide support and increase the will to fight of the terrorists. They are in a perpetual state of denial.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." Ben Franklin

Well, we probably wouldn't have too much to be divided about in this regard without the terrorist actions in the first place. So yeah, it is dividing us. Just as the beheadings are designed to divide the US from other nations. Just like the terrorists getting their voices on the news telling us how they'll kill us all is designed to make some of us want to leave and some want to kick their asses.

Anyway, I want people to really think about the question: If you were an extremist, would seeing this movie make you more likely to do something against the US? Would it encourage you? Be honest.

Hey Trent, go see the movie first. I suspect you will be surprised.:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Mr. Moore asked alot of questions and implied many things, but provided few hard facts.
It was funny in some spots, like the infiltration of the peace group in Fresno, that part was cleverly done.

One person came up to me and said, "what are you here for, to intimidate us liberals"? I wasn't going anywhere near that comment while working. I just laughed and told him due to the emotionally charged nature of the film the theatre hired us to prevent any problems.

You saw the movie twice and this is what you have to say? Maybe you should stick to traffic......You seemed to have missed a lot of information. And too, try to read a few very good books that have been published in the last six months on these topics-Moores facts add up.

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

You saw the movie twice and this is what you have to say? Maybe you should stick to traffic......You seemed to have missed a lot of information. And too, try to read a few very good books that have been published in the last six months on these topics-Moores facts add up.

So first you tell Trent to go see the movie and he will be surprised. Then Skycop says he saw it twice and you tell him to go read a few books and that he must have missed all the good information.

Liberals, :S Go figure :S