Pammi

Fun with your Parachute

So, out of curiousity, how many of you have thought of jumping off the roof of your house with your parachute? Hmmm..wondering if you open it up, let a light breeze get it up a little in the air and jump how that might turn out....

Pammi

LOL, perfect timing. I actually took my rig outside earlier and tried to kite kite my canopy. I guess since it is new and there was about 10MPH winds outside I would air it out a little and have a better look at it. Call me crazy.....not sure what the neighbors thought. The roof scares me though.:)Craig

I wonder if you could do something like that off of a nice high rolling hill somewhere? Although, if you had the time to go experiment around with something like that, you've probably got the time to make a skydive...
"pull high! It's lower than you think..."

Here is an idea, people cliff dive into water right? You know from 45-65 feet. I think this would be pretty cool to but a 5' military round and rig it up to a harness and do a modified s/l jump! Its something me and a buddy are thinking about, its fairyl safe because you are jumping into water! Just an idea, you could even rig a cutaway handle to for when you are 5' above the water!
Pete

Since I got my rig I have thought of jumping off of just about everything!! I actually wore my rig around the house when I first got it, not just the rig mind you, goggles, gloves, helmet, alti, the total package, and proceeded to jump off the couch, kitchen counter, bathroom sink (had a mirror in there!), off the small step between the sliding glass door and the back porch (the opening is almost the same as the door on the otter!), and finally the kitchen table (which broke...oh well). It was fun fun fun!! Ran around all geared up untill my goggles fogged up!

Heh, you know your a skydiver when......

Since I got my rig I have thought of jumping off of just about everything!! I actually wore my rig around the house when I first got it, not just the rig mind you, goggles, gloves, helmet, alti, the total package, and proceeded to jump off the couch, kitchen counter, bathroom sink (had a mirror in there!), off the small step between the sliding glass door and the back porch (the opening is almost the same as the door on the otter!), and finally the kitchen table (which broke...oh well). It was fun fun fun!! Ran around all geared up untill my goggles fogged up!

Craig

he he eh i own a conversion van...
even though my rig wont be here til april 16th, i practiced exits from my van. i take alot of tandems and a few students(grads now) and i took my seats outta the van(for travel purposes) and i got the little lightbulb above my head.
so i showed a few ppeople how to exit the porter!!
boredom is the mother of creativity.
(if that were actaully true i should hold a few patents by now)
JT

Good post,
I have some experience in this. Some of us got together at Katzeye's place last weekend and got the bright idea to jump off her 2nd floor balcony into the living room (this was not in any way alcohol induced of course...). Didn't even get the pin to pull out of the rig. I guess 10 ft is just not enough altitude. Be careful out there.
Blue skies
-T1

I actually took my rig outside earlier and tried to kite kite my canopy.

LOL! Did the same thing as soon as I left work (a bit early...had to get out in the warmth and sunshine!). Merrick and I took her outside and let it fly a little, but the winds were pretty slow for once so she didn't stay up too long. It was fun tho, and the neighbors were standing in their front yard watching...was pretty funny :)
Pammi
(didn't try the roof thing tho...I forgot...I'm scared of heights...lol!)

So, out of curiousity, how many of you have thought of jumping off the roof of your house with your parachute? Hmmm..wondering if you open it up, let a light breeze get it up a little in the air and jump how that might turn out....

Haven't tried that.. A buddy and I did try something fun, though.. It was inspired by a thing we saw on Senseless Acts of Video.. The one where Troy exits the plane with skis, deploys after a short freefall, then lands on the slope and skis down.. Well, we didn't go quite that far.. We just put on the skis and rig, and started skiing.. Got the canopy inflated pretty well, but had to hold half brakes or so to keep it inflated well.. We each tried it about 5 or 6 times - had a great time doing it.. Luckily snow is soft so we didn't end up with injuries.. :)Mike