Viking

Names all the Skydiving movies you know of.

Gypsy Moths is a nice movie to watch.
A bit 'dated', but great fun to watch (a lot of skydiving scenes) and starring Gene Hackman and Burt Lancaster....(not second rate actors like most Dropzone/Cutaway stars:)
http://posters.imdb.com/posters/g/gypsymothsb23111.jpg
Three skydivers and their travelling thrill show barnstorm through a small midwestern town one Fourth of July weekend.
Rent it if possible....the movie also has some incredible shots of low-pulls (although this could be dummy's, it looks like real skydivers when you see the footedge)
Seeing this movie also makes you realize just how incredibly small the gear is we have today...even a huge student-rig is small and easy compared to the amount of stuff those guys carried...
Doing a search for 'skydive' at http://www.imdb.com also gave me the name for 'The Skydivers' from 1963
A couple own an airfield which makes its money on skydiving in the middle of New Mexico. They are having marital problems because the man is cheating on his wife, but remains true to his wife. The woman he is cheating with is jealous of the man's wife, so she seduces another guy to conspire with her to kill him. Meanwhile, the wife is cheating on the cheating husband with the husband's old Army buddy...
According to the reviews on IMDB it's supposed to dwarf movies like Dropzone/Cutaway in terms of bad acting...:)
Would love to see it...:)
And now someone please make that darn Mouth/Claw thing stop..I want to skydive :(
Cya
Jarno
http://ww.3dluvr.com/mccordia/

FANDANGO!!! Its not about skydiving, but there is a 20-30 minute scene that rocks. The movie has Judd Nelson & that guy that was in waterworld/the postman/dances with wolves. Hands down, one the BEST skydiving scenes ever!!! If you havent seen it...check it out! You wont regret it. Lately, it has been showing in Starz or Encore.
-Slut
"I'll jump anything!"

While there are not many movies exclusively about skydiving, there is one that contain a classic skydiving scene that has not been mentioned yet:
Fandango (Archarcharch!)
Next safety day at your DZ, use the chalk board scene as a joke emergency procedures review. It's a hoot!
BTW, while Cutaway was a bit of a dog (B movie quality), I thought it was the most accurate representation of skydiving yet. Correct terminology, etc. The most notable exception to that was the movie's portrayal of the Golden Knight Free Fall Formation Team. Those guys are highly competitive and keenly focused, but they are not abrasive and arrogant like they were portrayed. Check out the interview with Chris Talbert here in the Dropzone.com interviews.
Respectfully,
SP

I don't know about the Golden Knights but i got a chance to talk to a Nazy Leap Frog last weekend :)NAVY on his main and he is a really cool guy he was doing AFF stuff in addition to fun jumping. Oh ya he was SEAL to :o
Remember when Sex was safe and skydiving was Dangerous?

Hey, let's not forget the numerous James Bond sequences (like where he jumped into his friend's wedding after repelling from one aircraft to the bad guy's aircraft, or more recent with the HALO), which reminds me of NAVY SEALS with charlie shean when the group exited and landed at night in the water.

I recall seeing some movie with Howie Long (I think) about Smoke Jumping. It was a horrible movie, at one point, ole Howie gets the girl and is speeding along on his motor cycle and jumps it off of a cliff, and then, presto, somehow he has a rig on and deploys, and holds on to the girl!! What a load!!lol
I do however have much much respect for real smoke jumpers, thats some cool stuff!!

Fandango (Archarcharch!)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! What a classic scene. :D
"UM....Dude.... We've, um, got a major malfunction here. See that little silver handle? You're going to have to pull it dude.... Um... dude.... pull the silver handle...."
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

In reply to:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fandango (Archarcharch!)

And a little later....
"Hey, you wanna hit? You might need it."
And how come my FJC took five hours when that guy covered everything in about 45 seconds?
-Patkat