mountainman

Is this weird???

hehe, i do that too! hears another tip.... stick your arm out the window and keep it bent towards the side view mirror. then move only your wrists and your hands. youll feel the relative wind. I did that this past week and realized why it only takes a flick of the wrist and some minor hand movement to move in freefall. It was fun :)

Yup, just a couple weeks ago, I decided to check out the dz in Cottonwood near Sedona and during the drive down I thought I would wear my new camera helmet to catch some video so here I am with my head out the window trying to capture the view and watch those sharp turns in the road.
Capture the view, freefall feel, and video all at once.
Not to mention the looks I got from people as they drove by me.

Adrenaln -
Oh you're def'ly insane....but don't worry, you're in good company here! We're all a bunch of freaks!
"They're coming to take me away, ha ha, they're coming to take me away, ho ho...." Anyone else know that old song? I remember listening to it on a 45 as a kid :)
Pammi
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
-Joan Borysenko

Haha! I'm so glad I'm not alone!
My stories: I used to have my spare set of googles hanging from my rearview mirror. I'd put them on and hang my head out the window for my "wind in your face" fix. It got even funnier when I was following a friend of mine, and he put on his goggles and stuck his head out his window, so of course I followed, so did my passenger (also a skydiver). So I guess we were working on a 3-way.
I also have a bike. It'll do 120 pretty easy, and get there in a hurry. Most people tuck in when they're doing that, I just sit up so I can feel the wind! Haven't worn my rig on it. I think if I ever do, it'll be in one of those hiking style backpacks.
Pammi - They're coming to take me away haha hoho hehe to the funny farm! where life is sweet! :)

"They're coming to take me away, ha ha, they're coming to take me away, ho ho...."

"....To the funny farm, where the grass is greener all the time...."
LOL you crack me up Pammi! (shhhhh....I had that 45 too!)
Tee

Hey now! Ssshhhh...I've decided that I'm 25 forever, and ever and ever...30 is coming up a little too fast! Ah well, at this point, who cares anymore? I already have accepted things have fallen and they ain't comin' back up thanks to the kiddos *lol* :D

Isn't 27 when you leave mid-twenties and enter late-20's??

So does this mean I have to be a grown-up now?? :(
(Glad to see someone else knows this song Tee! That was my mom's theme song! HEHE! Merrick thought I was losing it when I walked around singing that one day the kids were making me particularly nuts!)
Blues!
Pammi
-Joan Borysenko

one of us is turning 27 in just a couple weeks.... nah, nah, nah, nah

Hey Merrick, you mean you got yourself an older woman AND she skydives? How cool is that!
:D
/s
Before you fry me for calling you an *older* woman Pammi, you should know I am turning 29 this year, so I guess that makes me the dirty old man, hang on, I completely forgot, that role is already taken by FFF!;)

NA NA NA NA :P I won't grow up, I won't grow up, I won't grow up....
I know, I'll go get my tongue pierced, buy a rig and start skydiving...and ... um, oh wait....already did it :/ Boy that's gonna cause problems when I REALLY go thru a mid-life crises! hehe!
I still can't believe I married a younger man Skreamer...but ya know, after dating older men for so long, decided I wanted to get someone not already set in his ways that I could 'train'. LOL! Oh, I'm gonna be in so much trouble for that one! *G*
Pammi
-Joan Borysenko

(Glad to see someone else knows this song Tee! That was my mom's theme song! HEHE! Merrick thought I was losing it when I walked around singing that one day the kids were making me particularly nuts!)

that's funny.. my mom used to sing that all the time. wonder what that means......

wanted to get someone not already set in his ways that I could 'train'

So, Merrick, going to get an apron that matches your rig???
waaahahahahahhaaha, just wait until FFF and the rest of the boys read what your wife/almighty ruler posted!
/s
[grovel till Pammi says stop!]

You're 36 today Zen!? A whole bunch of DZ.com'er b-days! Happy one to ya! A whole 10 years older then me...for a couple weeks anyway :) hehe..sorry!
Pammi
-Joan Borysenko

Geez! I was having a good laugh here until you all started talking about your ages! Wait until you're 40! But about the driving thing... last summer when we went on vacation up in NH with our kids I got the idea of hanging out the window on the uncrowded highways up there. I tried it and had a blast and then had to let each of my kids try it. I only let them go part way and I was hanging onto them and they had a seatbelt still kind of on them though they were on their knees. I, too, was also experimenting with just turning my hand or arm slightly and feeling the difference and how the air flowed around it. It was really fun. I'm happy to know I'm not alone here!
Donna

Here is a list of important answers and points:

So does this mean I have to be a grown-up now??

Absolutely not! You are still a very good looking woman, so you don't have to yet.

Boy that's gonna cause problems when I REALLY go thru a mid-life crises!

Nah...you'll just have to have Merrick get you a Vette or something to drive to the DZ (and let me drive).:)

Hey Merrick, you mean you got yourself an older woman AND she skydives? How cool is that!

Same here!! My wife is 1.5 yrs older than me and we're both going to go AFF this summer. How lucky am I???:)That is all for my great wisdom this session. Hahah......j/k. I still like to hear FFF, speedracer, and other deep thinkers on here.
Blue ones
NEW AND IMPROVED!!!
http://home.woh.rr.com/brandonandlaura/

I turned 36 today.

Hey, happy birthday Zennie!!:D And your at work?:o
I guess Ill spill it, Im 32, but I feel like 16, and act like 2 (sometimes!!) At least I dont have to use dog years or something, I think I would be like 120 in dog years.
Blue ones!!
Greg A-37958

Hey, happy birthday Zennie!! And your at work?

Tanks all! I gotta pay for my jumps somehow! ;)
Liz took me out to dinner and I had a few margaritas so I'm feeling all warm & fuzzy right now. I normally don't drink much, but when margaritas are involved... well.. all bets are off. :D
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

We noted last night that the initials for "Poor Man's Skydiving" are PMS. It's a little easier for us to say "PMSing", but doesn't sound that great around people who don't know what we're talking about. "Hey, you go PMSing tonight?"
We should probably start logging our rides. ;)