mountainman

Ultimate DZ camper

OK...here is my thought for the "ultimate" DZ camper...
-a full bar with full-time bartender
-a big screen TV (for watching skydiving videos during the rain)
-a large covered porch for packing and/or dirtdiving
-plenty of closet space for suits (RW, Freefly, etc...not buisness)
-high-speed satellite internet with laptop for posting on dz.com
-kitchen with 5 microwaves (cuz I ain't cooking "real" food)
What am I missing?? Add in the stuff!!!
blue skys to all
NEW AND IMPROVED!!!
http://home.woh.rr.com/brandonandlaura/

haha......well......maybe I can get a custom RV and make a trip. My wife and I are already talking about taking a trip (in a couple years) by renting an RV and making as many states as we can to jump. Also, we are talking about coming to XKeys sometime next year. Hopefully that will work out!!
Oh....and one more thing on the RV:
-a room with bunks to house your drunken skydiving friends
NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

All right, I’ve already been tortured to death with all the jumping, partying, etc. stories, and now you’re going to bring up this? BASTARDS! The ultimate DZ camper. Give me a bed to sleep on, and a fridge to keep the beer cold, that’s all I want. Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! You’re all driving me nuts!! (but I love every second of it. I need to jump, don’t I? :P)
See yah! - Josh

Hey mountainman,
How about a "love palace"? A nice big bed in a bedroom with a mirrored ceiling!! After all, what could better top off a great day of skydiving with a hot romp in bed with your spouse/significant other/love slave???!!!
Head

You are all soft!!! I am going to take the $70,000 for the RV, buy the second rig, all the goodies and sleep on the damn ground like a real man. As for the love slave, any woman who wants to bunk at this house better be wild enough to due it under the stars at the DZ.
Fly Free, Fly fast, Fly together
Albatross

Screw the fantasy, yall need to get out there and MAKE IT HAPPEN! Here is what my wife and I have; some of you have seen it already:
-1976 Coachman 23' Leprechaun RV (aptly named "the mystery machine"
-78,000 original miles
-350 Chevy that doesn't use a bit of oil
-Sleeps six in comfort, plus several on the floor if need be
-stylish orange shag carpet!
-bathroom/shower
-fridge for the beer, chow, and crown royal
-Stove, oven and microwave for the Chunky Sirloin Burger soup and popcorn
-27" TV, high-end VCR(with about 100 movies), stereo (with loud techno), super nintendo (only super mario world; my wife is an addict), vintage 23 channel CB.
-Black lights, Lava Lamp, glow-in-the-dark constellation on the ceiling, Scooby Doo posters. VERY TRIPPY at night!
-Scooby sheets on the beds, plus Scooby throw pillow.
Total investment so far: $4,500
We live in North Carolina. We have taken the RV to The Ranch in New York, Cross-Keys in Jersey, Baltimore, Savannah, CSS Easter Boogie, and to Alabama several times. RV's kick ass! It is the smartest money I we ever spent in our lives. We normally keep it at Raeford, in "the ghetto." There, we keep a big picnic table and a gas grill.
Chuck

that RV sounds pretty good (for 4000 greenbacks). Where did you find it? I think it would be pretty sweet to find something like that. And how much do you pay for insurance? Just an idea.
We are looking for a car for me now since I just sold mine. I would think about getting something cheap and get one of those also. Let me know!
blues
NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

Cheap RV's are everywhere. Look in the paper and auto traders, but mostly just pay attention when you are driving around. You see them sitting in people's yard all over the place with for sale signs on them. We bought ours from my Grandfather last year for 3k. He is 84 now and was just tired of travelling, so we snatched it up before it rotted. We jump-started it (it hadn't been driven in two years), got it to a tire store and put seven new tires on it (#7 being the spare), and then drove it 500 miles back to North Carolina. Since then, all I have done is replace the brakes, tune up the motor, and clean up the interior. That, plus service all the LP gas fixtures, replace the blinds, and other "little stuff" that my wife wanted to do.
I see them all the time in decent shape for less than 8k. Newer and bigger would be nice, but for what? I have buddies that paid (and are still paying) for bigger rigs, but that is not what a couple needs. It is certainly much nicer than staying in the bunkhouse or in a tent. Also, there is nothing like the security it provides for all your gear, etc. Our RV is ALWAYS stocked for at least a one-week vacation. If we get to a place where we can't hook up to electrical power, we have an onboard 3kw generator that powers everything at the flip of a switch.

Sounds pretty sweet to me! I wouldn't mind finding something like that. I guess I'll have to keep my eye out and just beg my wife. I guess with a car, rigs next year and AFF for both of us this year and a Cancun trip next also, can't expect much more than that!:)Blue skys (and green shag carpet)
NEW AND IMPROVED!!!

OK... I'll bite...
I've become something of a Landrover Freak in recent times (believe it or not -for the Europeans- the U-R Quattro just stopped being fun) so... My ultimate "camper" would have to be a Landrover Defender 130", Devon Roof, sleep 6 (carries enough booze to party 300 - or 10 skydivers) Built in shower, bog & kitchen & GOES ANYWHERE!!!!!!! "300 Series" Turbo-Diesel with the big intercooler (80mph & 25mpg) with 38(Imp)Gal. tanks, plus stove/heat fuel.
OK... It's not the biggest (or maybe the most comfortable) RV in the world, & at $70K new it sure as hell ain't the cheapest, but by god it's got "character" & the local power company periodically sell off their Landrover 130" vehicles off - so "one day" i'm going to have one to convert....
Dreams, dreams...
Mike D10270.