froggie

I cant sleep :) and i love it!

okay. okay. The time has finally come. A beatiful, magnificant, magical, amazing, lovely piece of equipment has been dangled in front of my eyes and im in a daze. Picture this:
J1, with a sabre 150 main, PD 143 reserve, brought in '98, one owner, 400 jumps on the entire thing. NO cutaways, no reserve rides. And im 99% sure the cypres is included..oh yeah, did i mention that its a black and purple container and a purple/white main? Its absolutely amazing, and an absolute steal!
wish me luck guys.. hoping to make a deal this weekend! ahhh! I found all this out yesterday and was joking around about no being able to sleep cause id be thinking of the rig. Well, i wasnt able to sleep. 4 am and my 'friend' kept telling me to go to sleep. But i couldnt. I couldnt stop thinking about it. Its absolutely perfect for me. Weighs 21 pounds. That would put me (with gear) @ 136 LBS. A conservative wing loading..
I need sleep but everytime i close my eyes i see that masterpiece. I want it bad!
froggie

hope everything works out for ya froogie.........wish i weighed as little as you do, i could jump a 78sq canopy and still load it the way i'm gona load my sabre this weekend!......now get some sleep!!!

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

Congrats, Froggie!
And I DISAGREE with Wingnut...I am glad I don't weigh what you do!! Damn girl, if you walk around without gear a strong wind might blow you away! How tall are you?
Sis
"What we're all really seeking is something where we can feel the rapture of being alive."J.Campbell

Sounds cool, just make sure you get it checked out by a rigger. If you do get it, be real careful packing that Sabre unless you want to see any unhappy (and in pain) frog leaping back up in the air.
Oh, and I don't wish I weighed as much (little) as you. :)BTW, do you have a hard time with floating? I know someone who is quite petite and her brother's trying to discourage her from jumping (he's a JM). Says she couldn't jump with anyone, so why bother.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

hey guys! thanks for the replies. im soo happy. found out that even the best are wrong sometimes :) no cypres but ah well. its still a damn good deal. And not something i cant slap on a credit card anyway, ya know? now i just gotta get me one of them there credit cards. lol
Its not mine~yet. hopefully it will be, but it isnt yet. not mine yet. sorry, have to keep telling myself that cause i dont want to get tooo excited if i cant have it. but its still something pretty damned sweet to dream about ya know?
Damned whuffos. im walking around with the picture of the rig under canopy (used in the ads), and naturally, these people dont understand why im sooo happy. THey just dont get it. ah well. stick to the skydiver friends. they understand :)
didnt tell mom yet either.....
froggie

froggie said sometime ago she is 5-1 or 5-2 ... small potatoes!

Potatoes? Dontcha mean shrimp? :P
Now I know why she picked up skydiving - they prolly wouldn't let her on the rollercoasters at Great Adventure!
D4mn, I'm obnoxious when I've had a bit to drink. Mebbie I'd better go sleep it off...
Blues, squares,
PTiger

BTW, do you have a hard time with floating? I know someone who is quite petite and her brother's trying to discourage her from jumping (he's a JM). Says she couldn't jump with anyone, so why bother.

Congrats on the great find Froggie....I've got my fingers crossed for you!!! :)And Dutchboy, tell your friend that his sister won't have a problem at all. I weigh 115lbs and am 5'4" and with the proper arch, a tight suit and a few pounds of weights I can jump with the big boys and still keep up. :)Tee

albatross.
No thankyou to the whole spandex idea! i have no desire to have my ass on display like that. The whole floating issue has only arrisen once. on my release dive. But my JM was able to stay relative to me. but then again, ellen isnt a big her either. she prolly weighs the same as me but shes taller.
A weight vest might work best. Im really interested in Freeflying (how couldnt i be with Monkey Claw at my home dz? :) so ill need something to keep up with the 'big boys'. ah well. no worries. a jump is still a jump, even if my freefall is longer. :) hehe.
oh! a thought! me, with this gear, jumping a birdman suit. can you imagine? hehe. ill be falling asleep in freefall, up there for so long. lol
kel

Hey froglet --
Tell Frank about the old adage of "good things coming in small packages".....you've always sounded like a "good thing" to me !
The PLF Proud Owner (of a used Vector II, PD 230, Raven 218 -- I haven't slept with her yet, but then, I've only had her for 5 days !)

Hey Palmetto Kitten --
Great minds COULD think alike, but I wasn't aware any of those existed in S.C. ! (couldn't resist.....sorry).
My exit weight is around 250 lbs, and I've only got 33 jumps, so this PD 230 might be a little fast for me. I've only jumped it 3 times so far, and the landings are a little "speedier" than I care for, but I really like the way it handles, and opens, and I will get better at putting it on the ground eventually. I would definitely reccommend it !
And even though I haven't slept with it yet, it is leaning against the bedroom wall, so I can wake up 2-3 times a night and gaze lovingly at my "new lady".....
The "love-sick" PLF King

Great minds COULD think alike, but I wasn't aware any of those existed in S.C. ! (couldn't resist.....sorry).

The few. The proud. The intelligent Southerners. ;)
BTW, I'm looking at a different rig now - still a Vector II, but a PD 176 instead of a Raven II. But it does have a PD 230 main!
Blues, squares,
PTiger