GeekStreak

BEER HERE!!

I've heard many people refer to beer events... 100th jump, cutaways, etc.
I'm wondering what'll be more costly, jumping or the beer!?!?! hehe
What are the events/achievements I need to buy the beer for and how much do I buy?
Inquiring minds need to know.
Blue Skies,
Karl

Once you're off student status...beer is more expensive, definately. LOL! Just plan on bringing it every time you go to the DZ when you first start jumping on your own. :D
Pammi
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
http://trak.to/skydivechick

A skydiver walks into a bar and reads a sign that hangs
over the bar: FREE BEER! FREE BEER FOR THE PERSON WHO CAN PASS
THE TEST!
So the skydiver asks the bartender what the test is.
Bartender: "Well, first you have to drink that whole gallon of pepper tequila, the WHOLE thing at once and you can't make a face while doing it. Second, there's a 'gator out back with a sore tooth...you have to remove it with your bare hands. Third, there's a woman up-stairs who's never had an orgasm. You gotta make things right for her."
Skydiver: Well, as much as I would love free beer, I won't do it. You have to be nuts to drink a gallon of pepper tequila and then get crazier from there.
Well, as time goes on and the skydiver drinks a few, he asks, "Wherez zat teeqeelah?"
He grabs the gallon of tequilla with both hands, and downs it with a big slurp and tears streaming down his face. Next, he staggers out back and soon all the people inside hear the most frightening roaring and thumping, then silence. The skydiver staggers back into the bar, his shirt ripped and big scratches all over his body.
"Now" he says "Where's that woman with the sore tooth?"
Speed Racer
Brew Skies

A nice comprehensive list there. The main reason I checked it, though, was to make sure the reserve ride rule was correct. It seems that as of late the newer generation of jumpers has come to think that they owe BEER to the rigger who packed their reserve. It is indeed, and has ALWAYS been, a 1/5th of premium liquor of the rigger's choosing.
Chuck

I would like to refer everyone to rule number 7:

If more than one first is accomplished on a single jump, only one case of beer is required

I have gotten shit from other skydivers for claiming that I owed only one case of beer for two or more firsts on the same jump, but this rule is proof that I'm right.
I always bring beer when I owe it, but enough is enough. People should be thankful, given the fact that so many other skydivers I could mention sleaze out of buying their beer at all. A jumper should have the option to employ some money-saving strategy by positioning two firsts in the same jump.
Of course, I guess we have to accept the fact that many skydivers will always try to weasel extra beer out of other skydivers by any means necessary. But that doesn't mean you have to listen to them.:D
Speed Racer
Brew Skies

To keep people from weaseling out of beer debts, we keep a big whiteboard on the wall above the kegerator that lists who owes beer, how many cases, and why. My favorite entry is "(name witheld) - brewery - first DZO rig ruined".
Also, most of the time people bring Bud or Bud Light, or some other so-called beer. I went the extra mile and brought Killian's for graduating AFF, and for some reason people gave me shit about bringing "preppy" beer. I said "If you really want some Bud Light, just pour 1 Killian's into a pitcher and then add 3 bottles' worth of water!"
That shut them up. :D
Blues, squares,
Deacon Dan Korn
NCB #393

"Preppy beer?" These people don't know jack about beer! The truth is, in the USA prior to WWII there was all sorts of small breweries making all kinds of good flavorful beer (OK, except for during Prohibition). It's only in the last 15 years or so we've finally returned to having small breweries making some decent beer, instead of having no choice other than the watered down, mass-produced McDonalds/Burger King -type beer we had for the 35 years prior to that. Real men & women drink real beer!! God bless the small breweries! B|
And people who like lite beer don't really enjoy beer. They just like to pee a lot!
Speed Racer
Brew Skies

And people who like lite beer don't really enjoy beer. They just like to pee a lot!

Amen, brother Terence!! Preach on! Preach on!! When ya going to get your NCB number? :)My personal rule is as follows: No beer shall pass my lips if it is darker going out than going in.
PS I shoulda made my last post more clear - people weren't actually irritated about the Killian's, they were just razzing me because everything else in the kegerator was Budweiser or less.
Blues, squares,
PTiger

I owe my second case of beer. First case was AFP graduation and the second from last weekend jumping in strong winds and I couldnt make it to the A B C lic holders landing area amd had know choice but to land in the expert landing area(dowh)!!! Iwas welcomed with appluads and cheers of BEER!!!
jason

While thum of yoou big boys think beer iss the shoice for uts skydivers. The truee test is wine? Thats right wine. White, red, rose, and for the true sports yellow!! Tso for your next first bring it my way stud duck!!
This came from a DZ im Fisco so everyone. If you hear this tuck your ass and run! Run like the wind!!