Iago

Have you adjusting AAD firing altitude?

I haven't, not yet.
But I'm thinking about it.

My pull altitude is 3k. I really don't plan on going any lower anytime in the future.
I have a Sabre2 that opens reasonably quickly. Usually less than 500ft. I have no plans to change canopies in the future either.

So I have no worries about "scaring" the AAD by accident.

My reserve is sized nicely for my rig, so the "too tight in the tray causing hesitation" problem isn't one I worry about.
I check the RPC launch each time I I&R it. Pull the sliver handle and see how far the thing flies (fairly far, so far) and I then reach back over my shoulder and pull the reserve bridle up to make sure it comes out easily (again, so far so good).

BUT... There have been a few folks who ended up not under a fully inflated reserve. Not all of them have an identified cause. RPC hesitations are very possible, and at 750 or so, it wouldn't take more than a second for it to take too long.

My CYPRES is going in for it's four-year this winter. I'm pondering having SSK bump the activation altitude up to 1000 (or whatever the exact altitude is).
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

My CYPRES is going in for it's four-year this winter. I'm pondering having SSK bump the activation altitude up to 1000 (or whatever the exact altitude is).

They don't change the activation altitude per a specific request.

They now have a "user selectable activation altitude" feature that is incorporated in older units (like yours and mine) that go in for service. This is different than using the offset feature, and is specifically intended for those that want to bump up the activation without changing other parameters as the offset method would do.

The link below (from April of 2012) is where you're supposed to be able to read more about it, but the link doesn't seem to be working:

http://www.cypres.cc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=396%3Acypres-2-neu-auswaehlbare-einstellungen&catid=84%3Atechnik-aktuell&Itemid=178&lang=en
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

I adjusted my Cypres 2 to fire at +200ft permanently after it received the software update. Attentive people occasionally ask me why my Cypres is always flashing "2" on the display.

I don't see any negative reasons for increasing it slightly that aren't an obscure corner-case. It's been set this way for over a year now IIRC.

YMMV
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

sundevil777

They now have a "user selectable activation altitude" feature that is incorporated in older units (like yours and mine) that go in for service. This is different than using the offset feature, and is specifically intended for those that want to bump up the activation without changing other parameters as the offset method would do.

The link below (from April of 2012) is where you're supposed to be able to read more about it, but the link doesn't seem to be working:

http://www.cypres.cc/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=396%3Acypres-2-neu-auswaehlbare-einstellungen&catid=84%3Atechnik-aktuell&Itemid=178&lang=en

Ok, thanks.
I know my unit can't be changed, other than the offset, which would have other consequences. I misunderstood what SSK could/would do.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

wolfriverjoe

Ok, thanks.
I know my unit can't be changed, other than the offset, which would have other consequences. I misunderstood what SSK could/would do.

I believe Airtec CAN change the default firing altitude, per request, even on Cypres 1 !

My Cypres had its 4 year service this past summer, and got the updated firmware that allows one to increase the activation altitude (in 100ft / 30m increments).

I increased mine by 100ft. There are several hills near the Farm that get up that high, and sometimes I am opening right above one. I never plan to deploy below 3K, so I figure there is no reason to not increase it. (I might go another +100ft; but thought I'd start out conservatively).

BTW, here is the Cypres Manual:

http://www.cypresusa.com/userguide/CYPRES_2_Users_Guide_English_01-2013.pdf
Info on changing the firing altitude is begins on page 21 (which is page 22 of the PDF)