chronistin

Cypres 1-pin 2-pin

well i have a racer and it has 2 closing pins on the reserve. it's just how it is set up. it has them conected on the sides of the pilot chute but the one pin ones go through the center of the pilot chute. i think the teardrop, a british rig is the only other rig that is 2 pin but could be wrong........maybe this was better in ther gear forum but oh well.......

"if dreams are like movies, then memories are like films about ghosts"-counting crows

There are several older containers with two pin reserves - the old Mirage and the Wonderhog (forerunner of the Vector series) are two that come to my mind. "I think" the only currently popular container with a two pin reserve is the Racer.
It's not a big deal to have a two pin turned into a one pin or a one pin turned into a two pin if you have a recent model. Check your owner's manual if you'll be changing from or to a Racer (or any other container with a two pin reserve).
pull and flare,
lisa

Thanks for all the answers, interesting, I've never heard of a two-pin reserve before... I think I understand the concept, but I still can't picture it - will have to wait till I get to the dropzone, I guess. :S Hope it doesn't take too long until then... I'm starting to feel ground-sick :S
Greetings
Andrea || Chronistin
http://www.wortwerkstatt.at/skydiving

Just to clarify, all Infinities have 1 reserve pin. The same company used to build a 2 pin container called the Northern Lite.
To further confuse you, the company that currently builds Infinities has gone through a bewildering series of owners since it started in the late 1970s.
Early Teardrops were straight copies of Racers and had 2 reserve pins. The current production Teardrop Superfly has only 1 reserve pin. Yes, most older reserve containers had 2 pins, but most of them have disappearred since the inception of Cypri. The only popular rigs with 2 reserve pins are Racers and Strong Tandems. Mind you, Racers are losing market share and Strong Tandem owners have been bugging the factory for years to simplify/update their tandem rig.
Finally, this discussion should really be on the rigging forum.