Doasfu

Frustration

Argh! I really didn't want to bitch, but I'm just getting annoyed. I've had a headache of some sort for about 10 days now. The thing is, it's not immmensely-run-to-the-emergency-room painful, it's just persistent as hell.
The problem is I've had a couple of flare ups, so I'm worried about jumping. I'd hate to be in freefall and suddenly have my head racked with immense pain to the point that finding the handle is difficult. Oh well, if I can't get an appointment to see the doctor soon (I've been trying for a week - bloody HMO) I'm going to say screw it.
Just whining, don't mind me.
Dan
"Oh, you went to a movie this weekend? That's nice. Me? Not much."

One nice thing about adrenalin... it masks the pain really well. I was in quite a bit of pain on the ground when my back started flaring up - I knew it was time to stop jumping when it started killing me in freefall.
But a headache is a horse of a different color - if it's sinus related, altitude could be a very bad thing. Believe me I know all about stupid HMO's... but you may want to stay on the ground until after you've seen the doc.
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I don't think much, therefore I might not be

This probably sounds a bit simple, but you really need to stay hydrated in the Summer. Lots of times I get so amped and busy on the DZ that I just forget to drink water. Sometimes I don't get around to drinking anything until I get a little dizzy (which is obviously bad). Headaches are one of my dehydration indicators, too. My wife stays on me, which is a big help, but it is still not uncommon for me to run myself into the ground.
Chuck

Yeah, but this headache is ten days old now... I've had lots of water in that time period. I've also had two perscriptions phoned in to the pharamcy that have done nothing. Ugh.
Dan
"Oh, you went to a movie this weekend? That's nice. Me? Not much."

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frustration is when your girlfriend puts her bra on backwards,and it fits.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Frustration is when your gf reads the post you just made about her and doesn't give you any 'tang for a couple weeks.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

Dude, you really ought to talk to a doctor. Our friend Brit thought she had a mild concussion from hard openings and it turned out she had meningitis. If they hadn't caught it right away she could have died.
I'm not saying you have it, but if you've had a headache for ten days now, that's not normal. If for no other reason than peace of mind (and maybe a few good drugs) get it checked out.
OK, I'll stop being Mom now.... ;)
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

I am the first one to ignore pain. I walk around with broken ribs, toes and finger all the time but don't screw around with your head. It is probably something small like dehydration, allergies, or a sinus but why take the chance.
Ready, Set, GOOOOOOO
Albatross