DZBone

dz.com Record Attempt

So, what is the record for largest formation/most points for a jump made up entirely of registered and active dz.com posters?
What would be the criteria for such a thing? I could see getting a whole bunch of "ringers" to register and claiming a record, but that wouldn't be right. Should we specify that some percentage be "Enthusiasts", or have at least posted once?
In any case, I am officially announcing that we will be attempting to set or break said record at Perris Valley Skydiving on the weekend of the 28th of July. We are shooting for a one-point 10-way completion, or more (points and/or people).
If you are interested in participating, or helping to organize this attempt, please send me a private message or email. Let us know how many jumps you have, what slots you prefer, what the largest dives you have been in are, etc. This is just to get an idea of what we can expect skills-wise, and what to plan for warm-up dives. This will be a skygod-free event, other than we intend to rub this in the face of folks from all the less fortunate parts of the world. ;) All are welcome, even if you are just visiting for the weekend. Perris runs three Twin Otters (two of them are Super Otters), so we will have plenty of lift capability.
There are nearly 100 of you that claim Perris and/or Elsinore as your home dz, and many more that call SoCal home, so we should be able to have a pretty decent showing. We should even be able to put a couple of groups together! Three-plane formation load? Not out of the question, but let's start small and get there as we have success throughout the weekend.
Please plan to dedicate the whole weekend, but if you can only make it for part, let me know anyway, and we'll put together some side dives, or work you into the warm-ups, early attempts, whatever. At the very least, this will be a great way for us all to meet!
Yippikiyay!
Carl
---
Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved.
--William Jennings Bryan

Not to rain on the Perris parade, but I would like to open the offer up to anyone who lives in the Southeast...
Skydive Monroe (GA) is having a 4th of July "mini-boogie" and we will have the King Air and nightly activities include the Barbie and drinks (pretty standard stuff, but it is a National holiday)....
So, if you are in the area, or will be passing through...Cyberskydive, What42, Pyke and anyone else out there would love to get you all in the sky for a S.E. record of dz.com-ers
any takers should just show up to Monroe and let anyone know you are there for the dz.com record...we will get you sorted!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

I'm there! But can only go as far as my $76 will let me...
Let's just plan on some showing up and making it outta the door at the same time. Even better if the SkyVan is up. If not, the Super Shark will do just fine.:)

I can't be there... I'm taking a seminar in San Diego that whole weekend (Friday-Sunday) :-(
Oh well, even if I was there you wouldn't want me on the load... I mean, I went low on a freakin' three way on my last jump! ;)
pull and flare,
lisa
----
I don't think much, therefore I might not be

I think the saying goes..you never get a second chance to make a first impression...well, you are welcome to SMASH it, but something has to have been done before...so we will still go in the books before you (neener neener ;):D:P)
No, that would be cool...we can build up to a dz.com boogie by having east coast/west coast records (and don't forget the N.E. record, S.W., Pac N.W., MidWest, etc) Then at the first "official" dz.com boogie...we can smash it and make it a national record!!!!!
wouldn't that just boost HH's ego while he is sipping Guiness and watching rugby?:D
DZBone, you're on mate!
Kahurangi e Mahearangi,
Pyke:P
NZPF A - 2584

Unless I'm out of town, count me in for the Perris attempt!
By the way, the SkyVan is still out having new (superfast!) engines installed... maybe ready in time, maybe not.
I suppose I should be devil's advocate and suggest that we honor the 'dark side' as well... DZ.com vRW record anyone? :)
Anyone going to the Flyboyz freefly camp next weekend? I'll be out all weekend, be sure to find me so we can throw each other out of an airplane at some point!
Cheers... Dave

the SkyVan is still out having new (superfast!) engines installed... maybe ready in time, maybe not

We'll need it for the 100-way attempt on Sunday! ;)

DZ.com vRW record anyone?

Hey, why not? Shark, care to organize the CRW record attempt while we're at it?
Carl

I suppose I should be devil's advocate and suggest that we honor the 'dark side' as well... DZ.com vRW record anyone? :)

Then we better not leave out da dogs! Howabout a record stack? It would've been a 3 stack with me, chaz1234, and whiskeychick except that I decided to go rolling around in the grass spoiling the chance.:)

Don't forget about us down here in Florida! August 4-5 is the big weekend for our little boogie. Hopefully, we will have jtval, avitaar, skymedic, plfxpert, billy, mouth and me. Anyone else want to join us? JT is bringing his guitar. We might be able to get him to sing "Kum ba ya" for us! :D
Andrea
"Up high, I feel like I'm alive for the very first time"

Skymama you really don't want me to sing. How about we just jump and drink?
BTW....is there a bunk house or somewhere close to stay?? I'll drive in Friday night and be ready for first load on Sat, jump all day Sat and most of Sun then head back home sunday afternoon. Also I'll need directions as to how to get there from the turnpike. I can't wait!!!!!!!
Lisa

Hey Mouth-
No, I wasn't going to have us sing, just JT! How are you at bottle cap flicking? It's my newest obsession, and JT seems to think he's pretty hot at it, so we're going to have a shoot-out. :D
There is a bunk house. I haven't been in it because it, uh, doesn't really look like a place that I would like to visit. There is an area you can put a tent up, but it will be awfully hot in August. I think there is a Holiday Inn down the road. I'll work on getting good directions for you.
Andrea

Bottle cap flicking is da bomb! I have a competitive nature, so it has really become an obession this week to get it down...I even practice at work, and I have a blister on my thumb! I have my son measuring my distances for me. I have only been trying for a week, but so far I've gotten one to go 16' 3"! Woohoo! :D Working on my accuracy is next....
Andrea

I've never flicked bottle caps but I'm willing to learn. Hell, I'll do just about anything once and some things more....guys get your minds outta the gutter.

You didn't say anything about the girls getting their minds outta the gutter! hehe J/K...or am I? Now you'll always wonder...:D
Sis - time to go jump the caravan! It just arrived! woohoo!
It isn't brave if you aren't scared...