Pammi

Landings suck!

WHAT????? I love no wind days! Nothing to screw with my swooping! I hate trying to compute the altitude loss and recovery arch for wind speed X in the few seconds before I hook. I always sucked at math.
"I used to know a girl...She had two pirced nipples and a black tattoo"-Everclear
Clay

MarkM, I don't see how you think it has to do with student canopies being so big...

When you underload a canopy flaring doesn't produce the same behavior as a heavier loaded canopy.

I stood up my Level 3 AFF with a huge student canopy... I only weigh 140... and I'm a GIRL.

Good for you.
Most dropzones put all students under the same 280+ sq foot canopies. And since GIRLs tend to weigh less than GUYs, they land harder on a good flare.
Hence Pammi's:

I'm beginning to think it really is a girl thing! I'm sorry to be a traiter gals, but after seeing a lot of buttslides and face plants similar to my own, I have to start wondering, "What the hell?!"

Most dropzones put all students under the same 280+ sq foot canopies.

Very interesting I'm 175lbs 5'10" tall and my JM put me under a 190, started to try a 170.. Is he trying to hurt me or does he just have confidence in my abilities?
Gota jump baybay!! Blue Skies!

OK this is gonna sound weird. Pammi find something around three feet high of the ground then jump of it a bunch of times get used to what it fells like then jog/run (whatever your comfortable with) off of it see how you have to keep running not to fallover now realize that a lot of times your downward momentum jumping is less then when you flare and if you can stand up doing that then you most certainly stand up landing your canopy(I think if you get that in your head and muscle memory it will help). I don't know if this will work but you never know.
JG

I was thinking this too. The 190 was a smooth ride and I actually stuck the landing standing up. I did tho have the radio to talk me down. But, I was already ahead of the JM when he was telling me the flare 1-2-3...... So it was a huge confidence builder. I'm so glad my buddie came to me in the bar back on July 12th and asked me if I wanted to jump outa a plane... I've been on a Airgasm jonesssssss trip ever since!!
Gota jump baybay!! Blue Skies!

I'm beginning to think it really is a girl thing! I'm sorry to be a traiter gals, but after seeing a lot of buttslides and face plants similar to my own, I have to start wondering, "What the hell?!"

Well, since I've now got only 8 stand-ups in 50 jumps, maybe it isn't that my depth perception is bad.......maybe it's my feminine side trying to make itself heard !
The "True" PLF Queen ( "Has anyone seen a penis lying around ? I seem to have mis-placed mine......." )

Girly-girl eh Merrick! Ah bite me! LOL!
Honestly...I think there are a lot of factors. Especially considering these points:
a) I started on a Tri 160 and biffed those also
b) Went to my Sabre 135, started standing them up, then somehow LOST it!? Have no idea why or how.
c) I seem to naturally have a bit of a problem with being able to tell distances. When I drive, I have a hard time being able to tell if a car is far enough away that I can pass another or not, so generally end up being very conservative and waiting til they are VERY far away since I'm not sure.
I'm extremely nearsited, but wear contacts which make my vision nearly 20/20.
I'm gonna probably jump this weekend, get it on video and see what happens. When I was spinning so badly in freefall, I kept being told I was psyching myself out...I kept thinking I was going to spin, and I did. As soon as I quit worrying about it, I stopped. I'm sure that at least part of my landings are in my head....
Thanks guys for all the input!
A few Quincy pics...more to come!

Ahhh....Haaa!!!!! Thats it.....20/20 vision doesn't always mean perfect depth perception. I would go back to the Optometrist and talk with them about this problem. They can probably hook you up with a solution. See....it's not really your fault. You're just genetically deficient. LMAO
"I used to know a girl...She had two pierced nipples and a black tattoo"-Everclear
Clay