PhreeZone

Question for all you Texas Jumpers.....

Heh, this is like live chat in slow motion.

Does anyone ever use live chat? If so let me know where the network is. I'm at work and am logged into an IRC server all day. I can post the address, but I don't want to get in trouble for advertising another site.
Gota jump baybay!! Blue Skies!

We use IRC on Wednesday nights for Happy Hour...6--12 Pacific Time. Tonight is the night! Where has this week gone?
Houston: ewww I wouldn't ever move there unless I had to.
Dallas: YAY! I love Dallas.
I live in Amarillo, which I really like except that there are no DZ's...so that is why I claim Skydive Dallas! hehe 350 miles one way for me to get there so you KNOW I gotta love it! BTW, Jess: are you gonna be there this weekend? I am considering driving out...I wanted to go down to San Marcos where they are having this boogie thing, $10 jumps and a pig roast (eww!) but I think it is just a bit too far after driving to and from Quincy and just getting home yesterday!! argh! Plus I'm broke, and at Dallas I have like $80 on my account and a free jump ticket in my gear bag! woohoo! Bryce can't make it out this weekend, so I am hoping one of my close buds will be there? You up for some 4-way skills camp, girl?! I heard they are heaps of fun. I would rather work on my sitfly but a 4-way camp would be cool too!
Sis
Before you judge me, take a look at you...

You up for some 4-way skills camp, girl?!

OOH damn! I wish like hell these two things weren't happening on the same weekend. I would LOVE to do the skills camp, and I really need to (I fucked up two SCR attempts during Jerry's boogie -- I need to learn to fly) but on the other hand, I could get my jump numbers up and practice two ways at SSM.
I've got my JMs telling me different things -- but Mandy told me to go to SSM and jump my ass off, and I'd learn more than I would at the skills camp.
But I have heard the skills camp is very, very good.
Not sure what to do. >:(
But hey -- what a great problem to have!! :D

Houston: ewww I wouldn't ever move there unless I had to.
Dallas: YAY! I love Dallas.

Houston ewww
Dallas ewwww
Amarillo do not pass go move immedietly
Fort worth is kinda cool
Austin is the place got the Hill country, SXSW, 6th st. (live music out the wazoo), and of course Skydive San Marcos home of the purple tailed otter......wait it's to crowded here already. This place is horrible if your thinking of moving here don't it sucks. I wwould take all of the above before ever living in Ohio or anywhere in the midwest for that matter (too many uptight fat people for this kid)
Yankee by birth Texan by the grace of god
JG

Jess, when you say SSM you mean San Marcos? If you are considering going, then let's go together! I have been wanting to go there for a year now. It would help to have someone else along to assist with driving and gas. Plus we have heaps of fun together! DUH! ;) Let me know...either way let's learn some shit!
Sis

You can get to the Happy Hour *either* through mIRC or through the dz.com website. Normally there is a link in "The Pub" but sometimes there's not so we have to figure out how to get in the back door! Do a search through the threads for posts referring to "Happy Hour" and you should find some threads explaining it all. You seem pretty comfy with mIRC so you shouldn't have any probs. The server and room names are on the threads. I have to read how every time it seems like!
Sis

besides theres no other state that could have a T-shirt that says "Fuck you were from Texas" and be taken seriously (well maybe NY but thats it). Go ahead say it with your state see if it sounds right (it don't).....also Texas is the only state that can secede from the US with a vote of it's states congress.....we are the United State of Texas
JG

"also Texas is the only state that can secede from the US with a vote of it's states congress.....we are the United State of Texas"
I grew up in Georgia and we tried that once. Ran outta ammo for all those Damn Yankees.The country has sucked ever since. Maybe we'll take another shot someday soon.
"I used to know a girl...She had two pirced nipples and a black tattoo"-Everclear
Clay

If you go man, you gotta get a contract with your boss to fly Seth, his g/f, my wife, and myself down there on a weekly or biweekly basis.

I don't know about the whole flying thing....I've never flown for any reason but to jump. The thought of commercial flight scares me.

I grew up in Georgia and we tried that once. Ran outta ammo for all those Damn Yankees.The country has sucked ever since. Maybe we'll take another shot someday soon.

it's a good thing for me that ya'll lost.....I for one would not make a good slave.....it's also a reason I tend to stay away from the South East.
JG

it's a good thing for me that ya'll lost.....I for one would not make a good slave.....it's also a reason I tend to stay away from the South East.

Heh, so I take it your nick is based on Pvt. Snowflake from Full Metal Jacket?
------------
Blue Skies!
Zennie

Wow, I've never been to Texas, being a DAMN YANKEE (almost) . And I'd always wondered where Deep Ellum was, I only knew it from the old blues tune "Deep Ellum Blues"
"When you go down to Deep Ellum to have a little fun
Have your fifty dollars ready when the policeman comes"
Back in the 20s Leadbelly once sang a version that went:
"Walked up Ellum, and I come down Main,
Tried to bum a nickel just to buy cocaine"
(Even for 1920, Coke was a nickel?!):o
Always wanted to visit Texas.
I once had a gorgeous girlfriend who came from Fort Worth. If she was an example of Texas women, I definitely have to visit! :)Speed Racer
"Come up to my lab,
And see what's on the slab!"

SpeedRacer, there is no other state that has women like Texas women! Once you get here to Texas you'll ask yourself... "What took me so long?" Where else can you jump in the middle of January and not freeze your n**saq off?
Gota jump baybay!! Blue Skies!

I know, I know. What the hell is a non-Texan doing posting on this thread. I suppose it will be okay, since I'm wearing flame-proof Nomex. :)Texas is nice to vist, but I wouldn't want to live there for too long. Whitewater canoeing on the Rio Grande was awesome, but half of that credit goes to Mexico. Probably good skydiving, but lemme see....
Too damned hot. (My recent Colorado vacation was swamped with Texas weather refugees.)
Bad school system.
Dubya is vacationing there.
Museums aren't as good as here.
Not very multi-cultural.
Dubya was the governor.
Too far to drive to other places.
Did I mention Dubya?
As for moving from Ohio, I don't have a clue. Maybe Texas is a step up from Ohio. I suppose that anything is possible. :D
Okay, roast away..... :o
Justin
Founder, Whuffo Conversion Team

hey dubya's family supports skydiving, dammit! Otherwise i couldn't give a shit who our president is, as long as its not Newt Gengrich or that dude who fucked Chandra Levy...
Dubya at least doesn't fuck chicks with cigars in the Oval Office! (and NO I am not Republican nor am I a Demo.) My intention here is NOT to start a political thing...just playing around!
Sis

My intention here is NOT to start a political thing...just playing around!

No problem. I'm actually agree with much of what you said. His dad did jump, which is cool. And I certainly wouldn't think of defending Clinton or Condit's behavior. It seems like all politicians are dumb, slimy, or both. It is a shame for Texans that he was elected and they have one more thing to be ashamed about.
This flame war intermission brought to you by Citizens that think Dubya is an idiot. Now, back to your regularly scheduled programming....
:P
Justin
Founder, Whuffo Conversion Team

This flame war chapter 2 is brought to you by Texans who don't want you to fuck with them!
Anybody who acutally blames the president for the state of our economy or just about anything is an (AND I QUOTE:) Idiot!
Presidents are just puppets and pawns bought by the rich and powerful in our country! They (presidents) try to support their own agendas, etc. but a lot of times they are derailed, whether that's good or bad is a matter of opinion!
Sis