bluestar

Disapointing Weekend!

Well here I am, sitting at home, when I could be at the dz jumping. The kids got sick and I was the one who had to bring them home. It doesn't seem fair that I had to and my husband got to stay and jump. Why is it the women always have to take care of the kids and the men get to stay and have fun. Well, I think he owes me big time after this!
Blue Skies
Teresa

I can relate since my ex was supposed to have my girls this weekend; however, he obviously found something else to do and now wants them NEXT weekend. So Mr. Anal has gone back to the date I filed for divorce and figured up that this weekend is my weekend and next weekend is his. He waits until Wednesday night to tell me this. I missed Andy's Memorial/Chases Birthday and all my plans were shot.....
Nature of the beast I guess, and man is my ex a beast.

I had a disappointing weekend, as well. Although at least I got to jump.
The weather report was calling for rain, rain, and more rain, but a friend of mine was registered for the class, so I got up bright and early (Who knew that the world even existed at 6am?), and went out to the DZ.
The weather was beautiful all morning. One dark cloud flew overtop, but passed by without a drop. I manifested for my first 10 second freefall.
Got out on the wing and got the 'Go' order, let go, shut my eyes, and counted to 10, and pulled. It felt okay, a little wobbly, but not too bad. JM said I was tilting left, and said I should repeat it. No biggie.
So I hang around the DZ, and all the jumpers are feeding me advice on my arch. Early afternoon, I manifested with my friend who was in the class, and went up.
My second stab at a 10second freefall went worse. I let go, again, closed my eyes, and kept doing wrong things. I bent at the knees, put my head down, and just generally felt awkward. Then I realized that I wasn't counting. To be on the safe side, I reached and pulled. JM tells me I pulled after about 4 seconds.
So I failed two jumps, and don't have much confidence. I'm going to spend my time this week practicing my arch and reminding myself that I want to see what's going on (Eyes OPEN, you idiot).
I figure it just wasn't my day. My friend did his first jump and immediately manifested for a second. The rain started right after he left the plane, so he got pretty wet on the way down.
Well, at least I got to jump. And on a positive note, I timed my own flares, and landed it perfectly (standing up, in the peas). I'm still not confident enough to set myself up for the landing, and I'm relying on my radio coach to set me up. I think I'm still a few jumps away from doing that myself.
And of course, I walked away. And that's always a nice thing.

What was not mentioned in the original post was I spent the weekend pulling the AC unit out of a truck that we bought from a tandem master to replace the car she totaled last week and I only got to make one jump.
I do however owe her for letting me go to The Man Show on Fri.
Kevin

No that is HIS new name after I divorced him!! I changed my name back to my maiden name as a stipulation of the divorce. Got rid of him and his name....WAHOO.
Clay I plan on being there this weekend as I really either need an altitude adjustment soon or I'm going to need an attitude adjustment. Friday night I'm going to have my belly ring done (unless I chicken out) and Sat I'm getting some culture...going to see The Phantom of the Opera. Flame away if you must.

I'm a little chicken of the belly ring too, that I might get. I've heard that a lot of people have trouble with puss. Yuck! I'd jump out of a plane anytime instead of having to deal with that!
Andrea
hmmm, thinking of a new tag...any suggestions?

HAHAHAHA Sis picks herself up off the floor....LOL
Pus? I never had pus on any piercing except my ears...out of all the things I've had stuck (and no I am not a masochist) my ears hurt the abosolute worst! that big gun going BANG! and smashing into your earlobe...then the healing process...
Getting your belly button pierced can be either painless or somewhat of a stinging experience, depending on your pain tolerance. Most people I have met said that it didn't hurt. I have had my navel for almost ten years...the worst thing I've exp. with it was wearing tight jeans that fit right on the waist during the healing process...it can become a little irritated that way. Basically, what I am trying to say is this: If you've ever pierced your ears, or had a hard landing at the dz resulting in a sore ankle or scraped up knee, you can get your navel pierced...it will hurt less than those things!
Sis
I don't want the meaning of life, I want the experience of being alive!