hannahmusiken

FAA rigger outside of USA

Hoping that I'm not helping a terrorist... (fill out your profile, give your real name to be polite)

There are no designated rigger examiners out side the U.S. The list can be found here. http://av-info.faa.gov/designeeSearch.asp?SrchBy=LOC Select DPRE's only and leave the rest blank and you'll get the entire list.

Your only hope is to contact one or more of the International Field Offices and see if the have personnel that can approve an 8610-2 and administer the oral and practical, and find a place to take the written test. List is here. http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/media/test_centers.pdf

I wouldn't count on it.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Hoping that I'm not helping a terrorist... (fill out your profile, give your real name to be polite)

Is that really needed? Just because this person is not from 'Merica (the next great nation to fall) does not mean they are a terrorist.

Go have a wank to your flag and remind yourself how great you are ;)
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

hcsvader

Is that really needed? Just because this person is not from America does not mean they are a terrorist.]

Maybe the "terrorist" part is unfair, but it did seem strange to me that the applicant was willing to travel anywhere in the world except the US.

Mark

mark

Is that really needed? Just because this person is not from America does not mean they are a terrorist.]

Maybe the "terrorist" part is unfair, but it did seem strange to me that the applicant was willing to travel anywhere in the world except the US.

Mark

Troubles getting the visa?!
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

A new empty profile, anniversary of 9/11, inability to travel to the US for a US certification concerning one container with batteries and wires that the TSA can open but has generally agreed not to open under secret conditions, if ready for the test should have been able to find the information I gave him on his own...

He didn't seem to take offense, why are you? Lucky I answered him at all. But I'm a nice guy.:)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Can you not get a riggers ticket in Sweden. Most countries have their own rating systems and exams, but when it all boils down to it, a parachute is a parachute. Where in the world it is located shouldn't matter.
My computer beat me at chess, It was no match for me at kickboxing....

For general information read FAR part 65.14 below. Travel restrictions may mean its impossible to obtain a rigger certificate. Recommendation from FAA inspector is to try to find out status before spending a lot of money and effort to get tested. Review likely happens when temporary submitted to Oklahoma City FAA center for.review and issuance of permanent certificate. Inspector I spoke with had one repairman applicant certificate denied on this basis.

Aside from TSA issues, DPRE's can get permission to test outside of there geographical area. See portion of FAA Order 8900.2, Chapter 5 covering testing outside area. Might be easier to bring a DPRE to you.;) I volunteer for an all expenses paid trip to Sweden.B|

§65.14   Security disqualification.

(a) Eligibility standard. No person is eligible to hold a certificate, rating, or authorization issued under this part when the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has notified the FAA in writing that the person poses a security threat.

(b) Effect of the issuance by the TSA of an Initial Notification of Threat Assessment. (1) The FAA will hold in abeyance pending the outcome of the TSA's final threat assessment review an application for any certificate, rating, or authorization under this part by any person who has been issued an Initial Notification of Threat Assessment by the TSA.

(2) The FAA will suspend any certificate, rating, or authorization issued under this part after the TSA issues to the holder an Initial Notification of Threat Assessment.

(c) Effect of the issuance by the TSA of a Final Notification of Threat Assessment. (1) The FAA will deny an application for any certificate, rating, or authorization under this part to any person who has been issued a Final Notification of Threat Assessment.

(2) The FAA will revoke any certificate, rating, or authorization issued under this part after the TSA has issued to the holder a Final Notification of Threat Assessment.

[Doc. No. FAA-2003-14293, 68 FR 3775, Jan. 24, 2003]

From Order 8900.2 Chapter 5, 2.k. Limitations

k.
Geographical Area.
A designee must not test an applicant outside the authorized
geographical area. For a DPE, the test must start and conclude within the authorized
geographical area. If a designee wants to administer tests outside the geographical area of the
managing FSDO or International Field Office (IFO), the designee must:
(1)
Request authorization in writing from the managing FSDO or IFO.
(a)
Prov
ide the date and address of the testing site in writing.
(b)
Mak
e the request in writing at least
3 working days prior to the scheduled activity.
Note:
The FSDO or IFO with jurisdiction over the test site may evaluate the
facilities, equipment, current publications, and test materials required to conduct a
test for the certificate and/or rating(s) sought.
(2)
Receive approval in writing from the designee’s managing FSDO or IFO, as
appropriate. The managing office will coordinate with the geographical office.
(3)
The designee submits the certification file to the designee’s managing office. The
FSDO or IFO withjurisd
iction over the test location may request copies of any files for tests
conducted by the the designee in their area

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE