natalisa

Custom made container too big

So I just got a new container and the yolk seems to be just too big.. This is a custom made container to fit me and my rigger did the measuring. I did not change in siZe in any way since then.

Anyone know how to go about it in this situation? I'm afraid i might simply fly out of the thing if my chest strap loosens a bit somehow..

So I just got a new container and the yolk seems to be just too big.. This is a custom made container to fit me and my rigger did the measuring. I did not change in size in any way since then. Anyone know how to go about it in this situation? I'm afraid i might simply fly out of the thing if my chest strap loosens a bit somehow.

Shoot, you gotta give that thing some time to "get right" B/F you going to doing fancy tricks with it. Shake it down!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

piisfish

yolk as in the yellow of the egg ?
can we know what rig ?
you say it "seems" too big. Is it or does it seem ?

ha!! i was wondering if i got that one right- newbie & esl here-yoke it is))

it's a wings container. if i tighten my chest strap really well it stays on, but if i loosen the thing just slides of my shoulders..
couple of people mentioned that it seems too big, but as others suggested i will ask the my rigger and couple of other people i trust at the dz and go from there

Once again I have to recommend experienced rigger. Many riggers may have no more than a general idea that a rig might be too big, have never measured anybody for a rig, have never dealt with a wings container, etc. A rigger ticket requires basic knowledge and skills and no skydiving experience.

You may very well be asking the right folks and the rig may very well be too big. But simply asking a 'rigger' may not get you the experience you need. Getting with your dealer and the manufacturer is the way most appropriate.

And while it may be too big remember this is the first rig made for you and it will feel different than any rental or student rig. Last time we offered that advice the new owner thought the rig was too small because it was the first one he wore that actually fit him.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

You have a very good point- it is a first made for me rig and it does fit me better than anything before =)

the rigger who did the measuring is an experienced one and he is one of the few i trust at the dz. I will check more closely with him now- he has not yet seen me with it on and if anything- talk to the Mfg..

thank you for the input

I have a custom wings container and I'd be hard pressed to slide it off one shoulder let alone both once the chest strap is tightened properly. I'm not sure I could do it without the chest strap tightened. It should sit comfortably on your shoulders without feeling like it is going to fall off. Do you have a picture of you wearing it?
www.facebook.com/FlintHillsRigging