dove

Really Stupid Question

if someone calls a stop to the activity, and takes a break - i.e. nap - but resumes in a moderate period of time (such as several hours later (meaning 1-3)

OK, so getting up for a drink, and cuddling and talking about how much in love we are FOR LESS THAN AN HOUR before getting "back to it" would only count as one?
Carl <----- starting to be ALF-like

Carl - o.k., I'll try to be more specific (so embarrassed but determined to help this poor man out with his rules.....)
If you can go again in short a time span, then it's two. But....it can't be, um, "stop and go". You (the man) have to (whispers: finish) before it can be counted as two.

Geek - not insensitive, at least to me. It really explains why the sex was lousy for years before it stopped - I had thought it was my fault
btw, I get my counselling at 12.5 (he would just die if he knew I was doing this...hahahaha on him!).

You (the man) have to (whispers: finish) before it can be counted as two

Ahh, I knew if I waited long enough we would get to this issue!
Do you mean (whispers: finish, finish), or does just (whispers: "internally finishing") count?

Um, OK, let's see.
In men, (finishing) and (finishing finishing) are biologically two independent events, although they are often confused as one, especially by the men themselves. With training and practice, we can learn to (finish) multiple times before (finishing finishing).
So, I would guess that this would count as the "multiple o" case above, unless a break of some duration more than an hour takes place.
I would think getting up to get a drink and cuddling would still count as a "break", even if it was less than an hour.
[sigh]

Didn't we just agree that if you (ahem, finish) whether it is (finishing or finishing finishing or internally finishing), if you can, um, go again, then it constitutes a "break"? If you need more or less than a certain prescribed time, but have (finished), and then you can begin again, it should be counted as two. There. I have totally confused and embarrassed myself. Are you satisfied???????????
But, really, Carl, I have little hope of starting, let alone (finishing) in the near future that this conversation is making me really.....crazy.....yeah, that's it....crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Geek, that line of volunteers exists in my imagination......but not outside my front door.)

But only for guys, right?
Got it.
In that case, my score for last weekend is... (breaks out calculator.... has to move to Excel... wait the Analysis Plug-in isn't installed... where is that CD... wait... wait... wait... OK, divide by... multiply... square root of the other... OK!)
0:5:0
:(

Although videoed jumps should count as more since you watch them over and over and over and...... you get the idea!
Does it count for more if you transfer fom your main canopy to yor reserve? Since that could be 2 freefalls in the same jump.
Hahahaha
Whoa... That was cool!

Well, then, what about stills? Would it count if you made everyone in your office look at them, and you just had to look too?
About that main to reserve ff - took about 2 seconds for me. Shall I add that to my paltry ff accumulation? Would it count towards my "A" license time? requirements? hmmmm.
ciel bleu-
Michele
(21:00 and counting til Michele Launch....)

Does it count for more if you transfer fom your main canopy to yor reserve? Since that could be 2 freefalls in the same jump.

I don't think so. You only jumped from the plane once thus you only had one skydive. At what point and in what order your freefall was is irrelevant in my opinion. A skydive begins when you exit the plane and ends when you land.
Wesley
--
I'll see you at 13,5 amongst the clouds.

Geez, Sin, you better jump this weekend. Get some of that testosterone out of the way.
Everything I cook is absolutely wonderful. You better hope I let you in the front door.....and if you don't like the movie I pick, you can sit there with your eyes closed.

See on some jumps I exit then reenter the plane because the pilot is trying to put us into the next state. Does that count as a jump?
Its all those darn RW'ers falts that I have to exit on top of them to get back to the DZ. What with this staging taking 7 seconds then switching grips then counting off the exit?? Just step up to the door give a 4-5 second count then ready, set GO! You get get a long sit train going with no more then 1 second of staging. Even a raft is out the door in less then 9 seconds if I'm leading it and there is alot of staging involved in that!
Just venting ignore most of that post! To many non-intentional off dz landings lately.
Whoa... That was cool!

Although videoed jumps should count as more since you watch them over and over and over and...... you get the idea!

Does that mean that when you video sex and watch it over and over it counts as more than one???
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

what does the whole number/ratio thing mean?

Ah, you refer to the DZ.com Hump:Jump:Beer™ loadings. Skreamer originated the concept of hump loadings so you should ask him what counts for the first number and what doesn't. No doubt he'll enjoy getting all the details so he can make a fully informed ruling. ;)
The Jumps number is one for each time you leave the aircraft and land. Doesn't matter how much altitude, how big of a formation, crazy props, whatever. The Beer number is for each case newly owed, so that we can tell how many firsties (or stupidies, like landing over the beer line) you've achieved.
The H:J:B is just numbers; it can't be a perfect measurement. Of course, if you wanted to get detailed you'd just post it outright, wouldn't you? :)Pyke sez:

Just ask the author of the thread...I think it was Wingi(could be wrong!?)

I didn't know that it would catch on, but I started it here.
Like I said in the original post, I wanted us to start putting them on our home pages. I thought it would be cool to have this mysterious little number on the front page, so that our whuffo friends would ask about it and we could say "it's a skydiving thing, you wouldn't understand," and so you could hit someone's site and know roughly how good their weekend was. The Hump:Jump:Beer loading is just a quick way to let other people know how much fun you had on the weekend (although you can certainly list it by individual days, like Grasshopper did with his 0:27:0 birthday celebration).
Blues, squares,
PTiger
"Beer: the OTHER other white meat."