Emma

Training at Sebastian or Deland?

Does anyone have any advice about where is the best place to do 4way training in Florida?
We want to go there (we're based in England) cuz it's near the tunnel, and have been in touch with people from Deland and Sebastian.
Anyone have experience of 4way training at either? We need to think about costs, how they train (ie do they split the team up, stuff like that), what the coaches are like...
Incidentally, we're a junior team looking at Nationals next year.
Cheers
Emma

I don't know much about Sebastian, but I can speak a little for DeLand as we are planning on doing soem winter training there. @ DeLand there is DeLand Majic (Joey Jones, Doug Park, etc) who are EXCELLENT coaches. Joey and Doug do tunnel camps very frequently adn also work with teams all over the country. I know both do camps that involve split tunnel and jump time. As far as splitting the team up that would probably only be done in the tunnel. Initial tunnel time is usually 1:1 with the coach, working towards 2 ways with your piece partner. Have fun, 4way is great, isn't it??!!
Stacy
http://astro.temple.edu/~sweeks

Thanks Stacy - that's really useful. 4way is the best! How's your team going? We're having a good time but are always looking for tips/ advice etc. We're a pretty junior team, average no. of jumps is about 240 so we're mainly sticking to randoms at the moment.:)Em

DeLand is all about team training, especially during the week. You need to book your coaches (if you're going to use them) now, though. I know at Sebastian "XL" is probably available for coaching. Deland has PD Blue, Majik, and others that can coach floating about. I can't speak about Sebastian as I haven't been there (yet), but DeLand rocks.

Kewel. We have been in touch with Solly. Apparently he is totally amazing and should be able to really help us. We're also keen on the wind tunnel too. Anyone been in it? Slightly scared since I assume it aint as forgiving as the very very BIG sky we're used to...

We want to go there (we're based in England) cuz it's near the tunnel

I thought the tunnel went from England to France. Live and Learn. Have done Deland and liked it because you can just about turn around. Jump, pack, jump.
Homer: Mmmm... beer.

flyhiB|

Anyone been in it? Slightly scared since I assume it aint as forgiving as the very very BIG sky we're used to...

Yes, I've been in it and that (apart from natural athletic ability) is one of the reasons I am waaaay better than you at RW (also because of you being a chick and all...). But as for the wind-tunnel they MIGHT let you *ladies* in one at a time, but there is NO WAY that even two of you fat heffers are going to get in there at the same time!
Hope this was of some help! :)

The tunnel is really great...I was in it for the first time on Saturday night. At first it seems kinda small, but once you get used to it its really awesome. After my group had finished, we watched a 4 way RW team (not sure who) practice in there- and I thought it was small with just me in there...;-)
-Marshall

That is so cool. I was in the tunnel Sat too. We did some two way stuff before the 4 way got in. What a blast. We were just going to "play around".....do not go in the tunnel without a plan. I have bruises all over from crashing into each other. Just know that if you are afraid of heights the tunnel will effect you...I was much better Sat that I was the first couple times I got in.

Solly is an excellent coach, very easy going, Doug Park is also -- he and Joey Jones pretty much developed the tunnel training program when it first opened. They are good. If you have never been to the tunnel -- go with a coach -- you need a plan, just think of all that air going by you as Dollar bills, don't waste any! Solly, Doug, Joey, Shannon Pilcher all work out of DeLand. they are all highly recommended (and sought after). Doug was our coach this year. you can put four people in the tunnel, but you should work your way up to that.
You should see Solly -- he got nailed in the eye this past weekend creeping. It ended up closing shut -- swelling -- it's a nasty looking black eye. He kept jumping though -- they actually taped it open on the way up to altitude. The video of that is pretty funny (last load everyone on the plane put tape on their left eye in tribute).

Skreamer - you are full of shit. But fair point about our fat arses. Do they have a tunnel for fat bastards? Double size with triple strength blowers? That's what I need on me own, let alone with the other fat bloaters.
But enough talk of Skreamer's conquests.
Thanks for all the info everyone (else). I am voting for Solly at the moment. Any man who creepers so hard he gives himself a black eye MUST be good!
E