johnny1488

Screw rent a car places

I was hoping to take a nice vacation this christmas. Maybe go to z-hills, sebastion, the wind tunnel, maybe do some snorkeling or whatnot, but the collective car rental places in florida have decided that being under 25, I am not fit to rent a car. I dont have the time to drive so Im pretty much f'd. (Insert mrs radloff reference here.) I dont like being dependant on others for rides and the like. Does anyone want to rent me a car? Im a really good driver. Also get my work situation. Days off...22 23 24 25...29 30 31 1 . Thats right the 26 27 28 I have to go back. My boss said I probably could get away with ditching those 3 days but I wont get paid for anything except christmas. What would you do? Save the money and try to get some jumps in here or blow it all and drive down?
Johnny

I'm in the same situation..... Under 24 and you get hit with a HUGE surcharge to rent a car. I was able to find that Thrify only required you to be 21 to get a car....;) It was $25 surchage in TX, not sure about FL. I'm sitting here with a $160 travel voucher for Amrican Airlines and would love to use it to go to FL on for the Collegents but don't want to pay $35 a day for something thats just going to sit at the DZ and make the run to town just to get supplies..... I'm just driving from Ohio to Lake Wales I guess.....
I'm not sure what to put here right now.....

Not anymore, most are now requiring access and corperate codes and confirmations from your company to get the discount. I was going to try that, but if you own your own business or if your company done'nt mind putting you on insurance for a while, give it a whirl
I'm not sure what to put here right now.....

I'm doing the same for someone else on here. I'm picking her up at Orlando airport on the 27th at like noon since I can't do much else at Lake Wales till the next day.
I'll drive down since a large group (10+) of jumpers from my DZ are taking a Van and one car down, I think I'll enjoy the ride with only two people (Me and my freefly team mate)instead of 8. ;)
Marc, once the comp is over I can do some free video for you if you want :)I'm not sure what to put here right now.....

I think I will stay home for my vacation save money and try to fly down for the tunnel and a day or 2 at a random florida dz on a no holiday weekend. Do some more research on car rentals. Winter jumping for me!! Are dz's open on christmas up here? Last year I was at Z hills and the extent of their holiday was opening an hour late.
Johnny