SkymonkeyONE

Pond Swoop meet at Z-hills

Cross-posted from the swoop forum:
ATTENTION fellow Swoopers!
There is a pond swoop money meet this weekend (11-13 January) at Z-hills. I just found out about it. Here are the particulars:
$150 entrance fee covers seven jumps (two practice rounds and five competition rounds)
$2000 (at least) in prize money
Seminars by Brian Germain, Rat, J.C. (among others)
The actual meet is Saturday and Sunday. No cutoff for registration apparently, so long as you can complete your rounds before sunday afternoon.
I am looking for someone from NC to split driving down there with me! Call me at (910) 273-6291 if you are SERIOUSLY interested. Doesn't look like I can leave Fayetteville until around 5pm on Friday, so it will be a straight haul down there. I have a place to stay and everything. Unless I can swing it, I have to be back at work on Monday, so we will leave right after the awards and hook it up the interstate.
Chuck Blue
My webpage HERE

Chuck - hope you can make it! I'll be there. I want to go to the seminar. I'm getting a new canopy and after watching some SWEET swoops over new years decided I NEED some of that! If you see a silly chick in a blue and silver freefly suit come say hi!
dove

From wreck.skydiving
This weekend, 9 am Sat/Sun seminars with TK, coaching and everything included, 5 rounds of accuracy on the swwop pad, coaching throughout the weekend, 5 jumps (low alt jumps for $15) plus $40 and all levels are welcome.
From skydivecity.com:
10-11 - Warm-Up days for the Pond Swoop Meet, coaching by Ratt and more. Come practice before the spanking.....
11 - Canopy Seminar by Brian Germain, 7pm Friday in the bunker.
12-13 - Pond Swooping competition, high performance canopy stuff. JC will be here, coaching and more. $150 for 7 jumps - 2 practice and 5 competition rounds.
12-13 - TK's Junior Accuracy Camp and Meet. Does your accuracy suck? 5 jumps and $40 for a day of coaching and method specific improvement. Last jump is a fun competition round for cash prizes. Open to all levels.
9 am seminar Saturday and Sunday - loads manifested after that. Jump from altitude or from 5000'

I believe he is gonna show that video too!
Damn - I sure wish I had the balls and the skills to even do the junior meet. I know it says all skill levels but I never even had a desire to swoop before last week and the weather has been crap since then. Though starting on Wednesday it looks sweet! I will be lurking and learning though.... and cheering!

Chuck, I wish it wasn't his weekend or I would go with you. I was just recalled to the Marine Corps. I have been out for 3 years on IRR and they called me back for my last year. They sent me up to Quantico. I can't go this weekend because I still have things to take care of here. In the future, let me know and I will join you going to any swoop comps in Florida. I want to get into compitition swooping. Iwould be willing to split the ride with you if nothing else but to get some pointers.
William