3fLiEr

Unregulated US Dropzones

Well, Seth. A Cessna is a specialty aircraft found at boogies. SGC jumpers can be found manifesting for the cessna even when there is a casa flying. I personally saw several Greene County jumpers filling Cessna loads while the Casa and Otter were flying. Cessna's are enjoyable because you don't have to deal with 30 people on the airplane and it takes long enough to get to altitude to carry on a decent conversation. I'm still looking for one of those shirts the michigan guys had that says "Where's the Cessna"
Blue Skies,
Adam

That Westwind was one that we were flying for the owner in Hinkley. Greene County only provided the crew for that one. Bufflo NY used the second one for most the summer on the weekends while we played with the Casa and the Beech 18. There is something about an 18 that is just special....
And Rick, the pilot that did that landing... I would get on any airplane with him no questions asked....
I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

Oh yeah,
he seemed to be a great pilot (excluding that one landing). And he actually did a very good job once he realized what had happened. He slid it straight until the speed started to drop and then slid it gently into the grass. If he would have panicked, the plane could have been totaled. I know he felt terrible.
William

A Cessna is a specialty aircraft found at boogies.SGC jumpers can be found manifesting for the cessna even when there is a casa flying.

I jumped the one at Lake Wales at least 6 times. :)

"Where's the Cessna?"

How many times have I heard that one at the DZ? A lot huh? :)I want to touch the sky, I want to fly so high ~ Sonique

I thought it was from there. is there another place in ohio with a westwind?

The owners of SGC happen to be the contact person for that Westwind, and that Westwind can be found flying at SGC on occasion (like it flys at many DZs on occasion) - but it's not ours. Jim and Lee are good people, I think they're just helping the owner find places to fly it, and it's a safe bet that they're not making any money themselves doing it.
Flyboy - So that's a Cessna?! (No, we're not spoiled little smart-asses at all, are we?)

In Reply To: Really? So what's Frank doing these days?
I'm not really sure. I hear things and stuff, but not really any of my business. I just know that he lost all his ratings and stuff and was trying for a while to get them back from USPA. But yea Mendota is no longer there...........
Seb