lyosha

Which helmet provides the most protection?

I am pretty sure at some point you will want an audible. The bast majority of jumpers that I know use one.

A cutaway for the whole helmet, not for the gopro:

http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/bonehead-cutaway-chincup-kit

http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/cookie-chincup-cutaway

http://www.ramairskysport.com/en/shop/details/107/13/skydiving%3Bspare%20parts/cut%20away%20assembly

It releases the chin strap/cup in case a line entangles with the camera or the mount of the camera.

Yes it's widely used.
But as cameras has become smaler some people believe it's not needed. I do not support that idea.

The helmets you liked too can probably be modified to have a cutaway, but you will probably have to build it yourself from scratch.
I have a helmet with a homemade cutaway that has a similar construction as the ones you linked too.

Some skiihelmets (I guess that was skiihelemts you liked too) have a "pocket" you can place a dytter in.
Or can be modified to have a pocket.

Kirkk0herra

Audible? As of audible altimeter? I think I'll do just fine with a traditional one.

You didn't complete your profile, so I don't know your experience or what kind of flying you do, but if you want to try freeflying, the USPA SIM says this:

Personal accessories for freeflying should include:
a. audible altimeter (two are recommended)

So by not caring about audible pockets in a helmet now, you could be making a bad decision for the future. Get a helmet with audible pockets now, so you keep your options open, without needing to modify your equipment later.

Nearly every experienced skydiver that I know uses an audible. I started using one about 30 jumps ago and they're fantastic, even for regular belly jumps. I just started freeflying, so I'm considering another one to put in my second audible pocket on my G3, as the SIM suggests.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

Thanks for clearing that! I'm a beginner about to do my AFF in couple of weeks + consolidating jumps + 30 fun jumps. Everyone keeps saying that I should buy a rig early on or I'll spend the money renting one. A good fitting helmet and goggles are obviously among the things to have.

I have pair of these that I've used on jobs and shooting range, I guess they are suitable for skydiving as well but I'd need a separate helmet.

http://www.revisionmilitary.com/product/exoshield-extreme-low-profile-eyewear/

Kirkk0herra

Thanks for clearing that! I'm a beginner about to do my AFF in couple of weeks

that means that for the moment, you don't know what you don't know.
Just wait and see, don't waste money. You will ened it when you will be sure about what you want.
Do not "build" certitudes before you go jumping. You have LOTS to discover. It is not a criticism, we have all started from 0 jumps.
Enjoy the ride :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Kirkk0herra

Everyone keeps saying that I should buy a rig early on or I'll spend the money renting one.

Definitely do not buy a rig just yet. At this point you don't know which features you might want, which canopies size and model you need (as opposed to what you want), which kind of jumps you'll made (that will determine which kind of gear you might need or not). I bought my rig at about 30 jumps and started jumping it at about 40. No regrets, but I've spent my good share of time reading and informing myself. It was after 6 months or so of starting jumping. Those 6 months of being in contact with the sport, and reading a lot, were quite important I think. Buying before making a single jump does not make any sense in my opinion.

Kirkk0herra

Audible? As of audible altimeter? I think I'll do just fine with a traditional one. ...

................................................................................

Sarcasm alert!

Current fashion has skydivers wearing a four or more altimeters: a visual altimeter plus a pair of audible altimeters, plus an altimeter inside your reserve container.

Where you wear your visual altimeter depends upon which clique ... er ... competition discipline ... you belong to. Free-fall fashion includes visual altimeters worn on wrists, while to coolest of pro-canopy-piloting-pond-swoopers wear their altimeters on their harnesses.
PCPPS share lengthy and loud debates about what altitudes to set their audible altimeters to cue the various legs of their screaming awesome landing approaches.
Meanwhile, fashionable free-fallers wear two or more audible altimeters inside their helmets.
Safety fiends insist on everyone wearing a recording altimeter - data logging device - automatic activation device inside your reserve.

P.S. I almost forgot ... if you are wearing fewer than two GoPro 4 Elite pro-sumer cameras ... the jump does not count!
Hah!
Hah!